• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Complaints Department. READ THIS!

Started by Grok, October 24, 2003, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: Thing on November 13, 2003, 12:00 AM
Hey iago, was that learning part where you had around 5 instances of a Perl script running out of control on one of my servers that one time?

Haha, I just assumed then when somebody pressed "Stop" on their browser, it stopped the scripting.

It's true that I had no idea how Perl or CGI worked back then, but Yoshi helped me out a lot.  Now, on the other hand, I know everything.  :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Hey iago, was that learning part where you had around 5 instances of a Perl script running out of control on one of my servers that one time?

Was that a Perl script he'd written or one he was just using?

Mitosis

Ohwell If I am trying to fit in  guess, if it bugs you guys, just tell me. And I am learing VB6 too. I bought a book and I am more than half way through it. DarkVirus has been testing me with terms and stuff. When I get the book he has (I dont have it yet because Chapters sucks) he will be making test and more quizes for me. So its not like I am learning nothing.

iago

Quote from: Adron on November 13, 2003, 04:49 AM

Was that a Perl script he'd written or one he was just using?

It was a script that I had written which infinite looped :)

Adron

Quote from: iago on November 13, 2003, 10:54 AM

Ah, ok. Is there no feature in apache to terminate cgi scripts whose controlling connections are dead?

iago

Quote from: Adron on November 13, 2003, 11:51 AM

Ah, ok. Is there no feature in apache to terminate cgi scripts whose controlling connections are dead?

There is using a shell, and /bin/kill.  that's about it, as far as I know.

iago

Quote from: Mitosis on November 13, 2003, 05:30 AM
Ohwell If I am trying to fit in  guess, if it bugs you guys, just tell me. And I am learing VB6 too. I bought a book and I am more than half way through it. DarkVirus has been testing me with terms and stuff. When I get the book he has (I dont have it yet because Chapters sucks) he will be making test and more quizes for me. So its not like I am learning nothing.

I don't think anybody in vL said that.  I don't condone anything that warz says or does.  Ever.

Adron

Quote from: iago on November 13, 2003, 12:27 PM

Actually I meant something more automatic, some feature to terminate the cgi process if the request is cancelled by the user...

iago

Quote from: Adron on November 13, 2003, 01:08 PM
Quote from: iago on November 13, 2003, 12:27 PM

Actually I meant something more automatic, some feature to terminate the cgi process if the request is cancelled by the user...

Like I said, the only way I know of is /bin/kill, but that's just me :P

j0k3r

Quote from: Adron on November 13, 2003, 11:51 AM

I believe there is, but it must be turned on. I accidently did the same as iago, and my host told me I was using too much CPU, and told me scripts shouldn't take that long to load. Anyways it cut out after like 10seconds.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Joe[x86]

On the topic of "I'll help if I can, sorry if I can't." I suppose I fit in here too.

[email protected]

Ask me a question. ^^ If its programming related and not VB, you're likely to get an I don't know. :(
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Notice how the last post here was in 2003?

j0k3r

QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Blaze

Thats why we need that script that informs people of the last post date. :)
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Falcon[anti-yL]

|