• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Complaints Department. READ THIS!

Started by Grok, October 24, 2003, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

Well said, umm enough with all the big words! (lol just kidden) How do you expect a 13 year old to understand what your saying! lol just playen

DarkVirus

Well considering I began my path towards Computer Science when I was 10 and I'm 19 and like most vLers, am a wealth of knowlege in all areas, I don't see how a 13 year old couldn't understand what we're talking about ;)  Don't be afraid to email some of us if you need help. If we don't wanna hear from ya then we will just delete your emails. I on the other hand like helping others and don't mind emails, besides.... its better than the countless spam I recieve on an hourly basis.
To restrict ones ability to learn based on current surroundings means to never learn anything at all. - DarkVirus

Mitosis

K, I wanted to ask you stuff so now that I know I can email you then I will.
Hmm looking in your profile for your email, hey! I did something on my own? WoW lol k Il email you man.

Etheran

Quote from: DarkVirus on October 25, 2003, 11:56 AM
Well considering I began my path towards Computer Science when I was 10 and I'm 19 and like most vLers, am a wealth of knowlege in all areas, I don't see how a 13 year old couldn't understand what we're talking about ;)  Don't be afraid to email some of us if you need help. If we don't wanna hear from ya then we will just delete your emails. I on the other hand like helping others and don't mind emails, besides.... its better than the countless spam I recieve on an hourly basis.
I agree, the spam is annoying, and it's always nice to see an email by somebody that isn't advertising something.  Feel free to send me email, too.  ;D

MyndFyre

That is really generous of you guys.  This is a great community to be a part of, even if I'm still an outsider.   ;)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Etheran

* Etheran checks inbox
yeah, too bad nobody sent me mail yet ... bastards!

MyndFyre

Look again.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Etheran

Quote from: Myndfyre on October 27, 2003, 09:41 PM
Look again.

are you the one sending me email telling me that I need to enlarge my penis??  ::)

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mitosis

Quote from: Etheran on October 27, 2003, 10:14 PM
Quote from: Myndfyre on October 27, 2003, 09:41 PM
Look again.

are you the one sending me email telling me that I need to enlarge my penis??  ::)

no thats mee.....wait ewww!!!

warz

Does Mitosis remind anyone else of one of those irc channel scene whores? The ones that know they can't hang with thier knowledge, so they cuddle, and say dumb jokes just like the one in the previous post? Not that that's a bad thing, I'm just wondering if anyone else gets this impression?

ps: i've known plenty of neat scene whores. i love 'em to death, i really do.

iago

Quote from: warz on November 11, 2003, 10:45 PM
Does Mitosis remind anyone else of one of those irc channel scene whores? The ones that know they can't hang with thier knowledge, so they cuddle, and say dumb jokes just like the one in the previous post? Not that that's a bad thing, I'm just wondering if anyone else gets this impression?

I've done that before, but as years passed I learned more and eventually could make a more valuable contribution.

Grok

Quote from: iago on November 12, 2003, 12:19 AM
Quote from: warz on November 11, 2003, 10:45 PM

I've done that before, but as years passed I learned more and eventually could make a more valuable contribution.

Maybe iago is wrong and Warz is right.  iago you probably were where you belonged, hanging around people doing things which intrigued you and for which you had the aptitude to learn yourself.  I think warz is talking about an entirely different breed.

But nothing wrong with them, we actually need scene whores to make the scene complete.

iago

It's true, but it's also true that at first I knew very little.  I suppose it's also true that I was trying to learn, but who's saying that they aren't?  I guess he is, by definition.  But that's not the point, I just.. ok, I'll shut up :)

Thing

Hey iago, was that learning part where you had around 5 instances of a Perl script running out of control on one of my servers that one time?
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

|