• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Creating A Bot

Started by Slob, July 14, 2003, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slob

Okay. Thanks to iago and others that replyed to my topic, i have a small understandment of VB imma try to create a bot. I downloaded a Chat Bot Source. Imma try to work from that.

RhiNo

i suggest buying a book and starting off with a simple program

Slob

A Book? Hmm what book? Why buy a book when thiers a world wide web.

Grok

OK first of all I am extremely prejudiced against AOLers, so do try not to look like one when you post on our forums.

Otherwise I'm an extremely helpful and friendly person!  Yeh right :)

I can promise you that if you don't have the internal drive to learn, and thrill of creating stuff from your own brain, you won't get very far.  I think that's what most everyone on these boards who is successful shares -- their own motivation to make stuff and see it work.

On the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life.  Then you'll be a pro too, yeh, you will.

Slob

Okay, I have the brain and the thrill to create and think of my own stuff / programs. I just need to be guided on how to learn the the stuff or how to get and understandment of the codes.

What makes me look like an AOLer?
Tell me so i can correct myself.

I am gonna go to college but i need to finish High School.Im just really into programming now and i wanna get a head start on learning and understanding it.

CrAz3D

Get a tutorial program to guide you through the basics.  I like Learn2, it was quite easy.  Maybe http://www.valhallalegends.com/arta/bnetdocs/?

You may be tagged as an AOLer because of your lovely grammar.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Slob

CrAz3D

try http://pscode.com for some basic sources.  Most are out of date so it doesn't matter.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Camel

Quote from: Bubba on July 14, 2003, 08:28 PMWhat makes me look like an AOLer?
Tell me so i can correct myself.

Your IP address, possibly?

Slob

well im getting new isp in 3 weeks.

Dayclone

heh Start off by buying a good VB book or w/e you wanna learn that intrests you i've personally have a VB book made by Microsoft and i can't get the off the top of my head.
QuoteOn the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life.  Then you'll be a pro too, yeh, you will.

ummm that's dosen't sound intresting making green screens for the rest of your life heh.. i couldn't live with that, do these guys even get paid alot and college sux no offence but University is what i prefer just study good in school :) and you will make it. IT ALL WILL EVENTUALLY PAY OFF.

Yoni

Quote from: Grok on July 14, 2003, 07:43 PM
On the other hand, you could always go to college, learn COBOL/RPG and get a corporate job writing AS400 programs to display green screens of financial data the rest of your life.

"Can I get that in cornflower blue?"

R.a.B.B.i.T

you could always just screw around until u understand things, or do what i did, ask a lot of questions at http://www.vbforums.com/   that place is great, questions answered quickyl every time!

Banana fanna fo fanna

or you could NOT USE VB!

python is way easier to learn.

R.a.B.B.i.T

:O

vb is good for beginner bot makers