• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Re: Open source C++ Bot

Started by iNsaNe, September 26, 2007, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

squiggly

- Posso usar um tradutor de língua, devo ser fresco agora!

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

brew

Quote from: Warrior on October 29, 2007, 08:01 PM
Quote from: brew on October 29, 2007, 07:58 PM
Quote from: Hell-Lord on October 29, 2007, 07:56 PM
Quote•Easier to read
Quote•Takes less effort to create programs

Jokes right?

No. Not a joke. Those two statements are subjective though, so you can take it for fact or fiction. It doesn't really matter to me. I prefer C's syntax anyday over others

Keep trying brew.
It's a FACT I can be more productive on C# than on C/C++.

The functionality is present. It's easy to harness the power of C#, and considering you blast it for it being high-level and it's ease of use you support my argument.

Okay, good for you? I prefer C.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Warrior

Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

brew

I think she was talking to you
<3 Zorm

Leaky

Quote from: brew on October 29, 2007, 04:24 PM
Quote from: Andy on October 29, 2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20070809/teched-day-2-lolcode/

LOLCode is an exception.
CAN HAS SUM LOLULARCODE?
I'm pretty sure Leaky is going to piss his pants when he sees that link :)

i pissed my pants

LOLCODE FTW

squiggly

C is there for it's simplicity and it's ability to mess about with low level tasks. It's silly to presume it would be as effective as say C#, C++, or even Python in industry. C is good, maybe even the best for low level errands and arenas where you require control over every minute detail of your application's operation, but it too quickly becomes excessively verbose and excessively complex to be viable. C is simply not in a position to compete with other more powerful languages available. Programmer time is expensive, and few employers are likely to want to pay through the nose for some vaunted idea of productivity and functionality that has been proven false countless times in the commercial realm.

brew

Quote from: squiggly on October 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
C is there for it's simplicity and it's ability to mess about with low level tasks. It's silly to presume it would be as effective as say C#, C++, or even Python in industry. C is good, maybe even the best for low level errands and arenas where you require control over every minute detail of your application's operation, but it too quickly becomes excessively verbose and excessively complex to be viable. C is simply not in a position to compete with other more powerful languages available. Programmer time is expensive, and few employers are likely to want to pay through the nose for some vaunted idea of productivity and functionality that has been proven false countless times in the commercial realm.
which is why nearly the entire industry still uses C/++
<3 Zorm

Warrior

Quote from: brew on October 29, 2007, 08:32 PM

You quote something which contradicts your stance, your opposition to Object Oriented Programming.

C++ and C# are both heavily OO programming languages, they are praised by squiggly in her quote and you agree with her?

Do you enjoy failing or is it an accidental thing?

Leaky

Quote from: Warrior on October 29, 2007, 08:46 PM

You quote something which contradicts your stance, your opposition to Object Oriented Programming.

C++ and C# are both heavily OO programming languages, they are praised by squiggly in her quote and you agree with her?

iuno if i'd call c++ a heavily OO programming language...
sure the OO is there but it's not forced like c# meaning it's optionally conditionally OO.. meaning you can choose exactly how much OO it is...

Warrior

Quote from: Leaky on October 29, 2007, 08:48 PM
Quote from: Warrior on October 29, 2007, 08:46 PM

iuno if i'd call c++ a heavily OO programming language...
sure the OO is there but it's not forced like c# meaning it's optionally conditionally OO.. meaning you can choose exactly how much OO it is...

You must be one of brew's friends.

Leaky

Quote from: Warrior on October 29, 2007, 07:57 PM

•Isn't heavily typed

Don't press so hard.

LoLWuT?

O.o do you have a magic keyboard? where the pressure applied to your keys is applied to your code?

that's the only way i can think of for you to misunderstand that...

Quote from: Warrior on October 29, 2007, 08:50 PM
You must be one of brew's friends.

because i make a statement that's contrary to what you believe?

Warrior

LoLWuT?

O.o do you have a magic keyboard? where the pressure applied to your keys is applied to your code?

It's a joke, but yes my keyboard is magic.

because i make a statement that's contrary to what you believe?

No, because you made a statement agreeing with brew. Therefore, it's logic you're one of his friends. It's impossible that two people unrelated to each other could share an equal mental retardation.

Not to mention your statement (like most of brews statements) is incorrect.

squiggly

Quote from: Leaky on October 29, 2007, 08:51 PM
Quote from: Warrior on October 29, 2007, 07:57 PM

•Isn't heavily typed

Don't press so hard.

LoLWuT?

Stop talking plz, I mean, it's not as though I support Warrior, but come on, you're bloody annoying

In fact, you should immediately close your account, that would be best

Quote from: Leaky on October 15, 2007, 03:34 PM
i'd be interested in contributing im in the process of learing c/c++ also and eventually i plan on making a connection library in those languages just like i did in vb and php....

if you guys decide to go through with it let me know

Quote from: Leaky on October 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
lol i don't work for cox and i do DSL tech support iuno what cox internet uses...

basically my checklist goes like this

unplug modem
plug modem in
go to google
hang up

Quote from: Leaky on September 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
I could never figure pack out so i did it a different way...

Quote from: Leaky on September 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
o.O last i saw asp it looked more like visual basic than c#..... and asp sucks anyways.. you should learn php

Especially when you make stupid posts like that

Can't expect anyone to take you seriously after seeing those

Yegg

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57643/focus=57918

Not that I agree entirely with Linus or am supporting any of brew's argument, but I read this a while back and thought I'd throw this in here. Enjoy  8).

|