• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

hmm

Started by Rob, May 13, 2007, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

Quote from: RεalityRipplε on May 14, 2007, 03:54 PM
so it just emulates the checkrevision function with some minor edits... like where to get the hash data from?

more or less. think about it though - checkrvision is a function, in which other functions are called. if you've looked at checkrevision in a disassembler you'll see that just about every important routine is performed in its own function. why would you call checkrevision knowing you'll have to modify things, when you can simply call the things that checkrevision calls? that's the general idea.

Barabajagal

Except... if they change the function without changing what it calls, you're up shit creek again and you have to do it all over. If you can correctly just call checkrevision and give it what it needs, you're only up shit creek when they change what it needs.

warz

Quote from: RεalityRipplε on May 14, 2007, 04:09 PM
Except... if they change the function without changing what it calls, you're up shit creek again and you have to do it all over. If you can correctly just call checkrevision and give it what it needs, you're only up shit creek when they change what it needs.

Wrong. If they change anything in the dll it'll switch up the addresses. If you directly call checkrevision, like my old example, you'll have to go back and re-patch other addresses. If it were as easy as you've made it sound, it would have been fixed the same day it was released.

The purpose to the current solution we are using is to have an immediate fix, while we also have pointers to the important functions so that we can begin to convert them all to C++. Currently, some of them are already in their respective C++ form.

warz

Rob

[ 3:33:48 AM ] [BNET] Connecting...
[ 3:33:48 AM ] [BNET] Connected!
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [DEBUG] Lockdown DLL: lockdown-IX86-03.dll
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [DEBUG] Server Seed: 40 3F AC 4B 5B 4B 55 FA B8 9F F5 AB 7E A4 2D 0B 00
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [DEBUG] Game Version: 2000200
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [DEBUG] Checksum: 4BCD9AAC
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [DEBUG] Result:  E8 D5 1E 1E 41 C9 97 8F C6 04 C3 2B 82 15 AF 09
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [BNET] Verifying Version and CDKey...
[ 3:33:49 AM ] [BNET] Verify Passed!
Rob@USEast

Spilled

Very nice work Rob. Congratz.

vuther.de

His DLL works miracles.

brew

shhh vuther.
What dll are you talking about ? Nobody has ever and never will reverse lockdown CheckRevision! It's way too advanced for us. Oh great blizzard, why have you plauged us bot developers! We're going to have to stick with CHECK REVISION DATABASE or bnls forever!
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Mystical

skywing reversed it, aswell as did warz and now im assuming rob, im guessing the dll was released somewhere, probley not here someone might remove the topic for distributing such a thing, lockdown should be public for my opinion, loaders are already out, but as well i can understand the hard work put into sucha thing that you wouldn't wanna release it public, but i'll be here waiting, if its not a how to, a dll would work just fine to, so such bots like stealthbot, and ect can be updated.

Barabajagal

... he was pretending people haven't done it so blizzard won't change it......

brew

blizzard reads these forums daily.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

rabbit

Someone else has reversed lockdown completely.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

warz

i think the fact of the matter is that lockdown is old news. been there, done that. what's next?

Denial

Starcraft 2 alpha.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Warrior

Quote from: brew on June 02, 2007, 03:16 PM
shhh vuther.
What dll are you talking about ? Nobody has ever and never will reverse lockdown CheckRevision! It's way too advanced for us. Oh great blizzard, why have you plauged us bot developers! We're going to have to stick with CHECK REVISION DATABASE or bnls forever!

Lol.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

|