• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Alternative BNLS server is being hosted by Ringo

Started by Don Cullen, February 21, 2007, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cullen

An alternative BNLS server has been established by Ringo. People can access BNLS at bnls.dementedminds.net. The port remains the same (9367). The address is permanent. The BNLS server works with lockdown, so you can use it with all game products that were previously supported by Skywing's BNLS. Ringo says that the BNLS server will stay up until Skywing's BNLS comes back online. Hopefully Ringo will reconsider and permanently host BNLS. We sure could use a BNLS server with excellent uptime. Enjoy.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Barabajagal

Might I suggest we get a mod/admin to move the off-topic posts from http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?topic=16351 to here?

Also, two questions for Ringo...
1) Would it be possible to add DRTL/DSHR/SSHR support to your server?
2) Could I get a copy of your CRev Cache to add to my database, please? (Or, alternatively, could you set my database AS your cache, if that's possible? It's a standard MySQL database, and I can give you all the login info you need for it.)

Edit: If you do the second part of the second idea, the first idea will be mostly complete as well, as my database currently works about 90% of the time for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR logins.

UserLoser

Hmm, I've thought of possibly writing NBNLS (New Battle.net Logon Server :P) which emulates BNLS as well as supports D1 and such (perhaps).  If I did persue such a thing, it'd be hosted on my dedicated Windows server at userloser.org

Barabajagal

JBLS used to support d1 until lockdown. You could help Blake out with it and get JBLS running again... It seems sort of silly to have so many different wheels being invented all over the place. Especially when none of the wheels are perfectly rounded...

Don Cullen

So the software Ringo is running is JBLS? And who is Blake?
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Ringo

Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
An alternative BNLS server has been established by Ringo. People can access BNLS at bnls.dementedminds.net. The port remains the same (9367). The address is permanent. The BNLS server works with lockdown, so you can use it with all game products that were previously supported by Skywing's BNLS. Ringo says that the BNLS server will stay up until Skywing's BNLS comes back online. Hopefully Ringo will reconsider and permanently host BNLS. We sure could use a BNLS server with excellent uptime. Enjoy.
Cool :)
Just a minor note tho, my IP changes each time I reconnect, but as long as the main BNLS server come back up soon, it should be nothing to worry about :)

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
2) Could I get a copy of your CRev Cache to add to my database, please? (Or, alternatively, could you set my database AS your cache, if that's possible? It's a standard MySQL database, and I can give you all the login info you need for it.)

Edit: If you do the second part of the second idea, the first idea will be mostly complete as well, as my database currently works about 90% of the time for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR logins.
Ye I have 99-100% of all the formulas, but they are in a differnt CRDB.bin to the one im useing atm, so I need to compile them into one.
I dont really want to give out the CRDB.bin for a number of reassions, as im sure you can understand :)
Hopefully the main BNLS will be back up soon, and it will be as normal.

Don Cullen

Ringo, make your IP static then. If need be, I will personally fund it.
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 05:34 PM
So the software Ringo is running is JBLS? And who is Blake?
No, it's not JBLS, and Blake = HDX.

Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 21, 2007, 04:51 PM

Ye I have 99-100% of all the formulas, but they are in a differnt CRDB.bin to the one im useing atm, so I need to compile them into one.
I dont really want to give out the CRDB.bin for a number of reassions, as im sure you can understand :)

I wasn't asking for the formulas, I was asking for the result values from your server's cache. I completely understand nobody wants to publicly release the formulas, and giving them to me is the same as publicly releasing them.

Hdx

All his server is is a cached database.
Thats the point, he dosen't wana share the values, Why, iono, but meh.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

In that case, "Formulas" is the wrong word entirely.

brew

Wait! HDX = Blake? Not what he told me
Caught 'ya in a lie, Blakie!
Anyways, is this server going to be permanent, like BNLS is?
Is the real BNLS ever going to get back up? Why so much downtime?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Don Cullen

It'll be permanent if I can convince Ringo. His main issue is that his IP is dynamic, so I suggested he make it static, and that I'd foot the bill.

BreW, see link: http://www.bnetwiki.org/wiki/User:Hdx
Regards,
Don
-------

Spht

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
It seems sort of silly to have so many different wheels being invented all over the place. Especially when none of the wheels are perfectly rounded...

I like that

Ringo

Quote from: Hdx on February 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
Thats the point, he dosen't wana share the values, Why, iono, but meh.
I stoped working on a massive project to update my little temp BNLS server for everyone to use. Why would I then want to give away the only part of it that is usefull to me?
I dont wanna have to gather aload of values again, because of loaders and flooders forcing blizzard to change them again.
I said last time i posted that 1mb BW CRDB.bin, I wont be posting anymore values.
Any of you can gather these values the same way I did. :)  Then you can do with them as you see fit :P

Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
It'll be permanent if I can convince Ringo. His main issue is that his IP is dynamic, so I suggested he make it static, and that I'd foot the bill.
But I injoy the freedom of a dinamic ip :P
Lets just see how long it takes for the main BNLS servers to come back up? :)

Barabajagal

Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
But I injoy the freedom of a dinamic ip :P
Lets just see how long it takes for the main BNLS servers to come back up? :)
[/quote

*enjoy and *dynamic.