• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Alternative BNLS server is being hosted by Ringo

Started by Don Cullen, February 21, 2007, 04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 21, 2007, 06:52 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
It'll be permanent if I can convince Ringo. His main issue is that his IP is dynamic, so I suggested he make it static, and that I'd foot the bill.
But I injoy the freedom of a dinamic ip :P
Lets just see how long it takes for the main BNLS servers to come back up? :)

*enjoy and *dynamic.
Thanks for the english lession.

Don Cullen

Quote from: Hdx on February 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
Thats the point, he dosen't wana share the values, Why, iono, but meh.
I stoped working on a massive project to update my little temp BNLS server for everyone to use. Why would I then want to give away the only part of it that is usefull to me?
I dont wanna have to gather aload of values again, because of loaders and flooders forcing blizzard to change them again.
I said last time i posted that 1mb BW CRDB.bin, I wont be posting anymore values.
Any of you can gather these values the same way I did. :)  Then you can do with them as you see fit :P

It'll be permanent if I can convince Ringo. His main issue is that his IP is dynamic, so I suggested he make it static, and that I'd foot the bill.

Understood. That is your right. As soon as BNLS comes back up, I'll disable the bnls.dementedminds.net redirection then. Perhaps if we're lucky, someone (glances at userloser) will host a new BNLS with excellent uptime, or perhaps Hdx and his JBLS will find a way to work with lockdown.

The Battle.net community needs alternatives.

Edit: Actually, I'll just redirect the BNLS sub-domain to Skywing's BNLS rather than deleting the sub-domain. if it goes down again, I'll just have it redirected to whatever alternative there is at the time, even if it's JBLS. Hopefully by then JBLS will support lockdown.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Explicit

I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Ringo

Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 06:59 PM
I stoped working on a massive project to update my little temp BNLS server for everyone to use. Why would I then want to give away the only part of it that is usefull to me?
I dont wanna have to gather aload of values again, because of loaders and flooders forcing blizzard to change them again.
I said last time i posted that 1mb BW CRDB.bin, I wont be posting anymore values.
Any of you can gather these values the same way I did. :)  Then you can do with them as you see fit :P

Understood. That is your right. As soon as BNLS comes back up, I'll disable the bnls.dementedminds.net redirection then. Perhaps if we're lucky, someone (glances at userloser) will host a new BNLS with excellent uptime, or perhaps Hdx and his JBLS will find a way to work with lockdown.

Well, the class im useing (with this BNLS server) is here
When I first posted it along with most of the values, blizzard then went and changed them.
Right after, I posted another one, that was used shortly after in a load bot. So im not giving out the .bin anymore. :) At least, not over these forums with some of the new members that have signed up lately.
Also warz posts some stuff about lockdown on the next page, that might be worth a look.
Like I said tho, I can keep it up until the main ones come up, but im already starting to wish i never even opened the damn thing :P

Gangz

Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 06:59 PM

Well, the class im useing (with this BNLS server) is here
When I first posted it along with most of the values, blizzard then went and changed them.
Right after, I posted another one, that was used shortly after in a load bot. So im not giving out the .bin anymore. :) At least, not over these forums with some of the new members that have signed up lately.
Also warz posts some stuff about lockdown on the next page, that might be worth a look.
Like I said tho, I can keep it up until the main ones come up, but im already starting to wish i never even opened the damn thing :P

The way you are running this login system does it have to be run from a windows server or can i run it off my 3rd party web server? If so, I would be willing to host it and keeping up a permanent server. The choice is yours just let me know whats up.

Barabajagal

He said he doesn't want to give out the database which is the backbone of his server...

Ante

Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Kyro on February 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
An alternative BNLS server has been established by Ringo. People can access BNLS at bnls.dementedminds.net. The port remains the same (9367). The address is permanent. The BNLS server works with lockdown, so you can use it with all game products that were previously supported by Skywing's BNLS. Ringo says that the BNLS server will stay up until Skywing's BNLS comes back online. Hopefully Ringo will reconsider and permanently host BNLS. We sure could use a BNLS server with excellent uptime. Enjoy.
Cool :)
Just a minor note tho, my IP changes each time I reconnect, but as long as the main BNLS server come back up soon, it should be nothing to worry about :)

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
Also, two questions for Ringo...
1) Would it be possible to add DRTL/DSHR/SSHR support to your server?
2) Could I get a copy of your CRev Cache to add to my database, please? (Or, alternatively, could you set my database AS your cache, if that's possible? It's a standard MySQL database, and I can give you all the login info you need for it.)

Edit: If you do the second part of the second idea, the first idea will be mostly complete as well, as my database currently works about 90% of the time for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR logins.
Ye I have 99-100% of all the formulas, but they are in a differnt CRDB.bin to the one im useing atm, so I need to compile them into one.
I dont really want to give out the CRDB.bin for a number of reassions, as im sure you can understand :)
Hopefully the main BNLS will be back up soon, and it will be as normal.

about 2 weeks ago, crdb.bin you uploaded was about 1 meg (for sexp). i dunno if its still there, but it works 80-90% of the time

Efficiency is the Key to Productivity, and
Productivity is the Key to Success.

Gangz

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 21, 2007, 08:16 PM
He said he doesn't want to give out the database which is the backbone of his server...

LOL I said I would host. I could care less about the file. I'm just down to help out on getting up another reliable, permanent, server. Yes, it would take a little trust, but it's up to him. He could have full credit and call it his server or whatever, I just want to be able to use it all the time, and if that means I would have to host it then so be it. it his choice I'm just throwing out the option.

Don Cullen

He won't do it, Gangz. Trust me on that one. If you really want to host a BNLS type of server, there's always JBLS that you can download from Hdx's site. It doesn't work with lockdown though.

And also, the correct phrasing is: 'I couldn't care less about the file'. :)
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Gangz

Thanks for the grammar check  :P

LOL he doesn't have to. If I was good enough to edit JBLS to work for lockdown I'd do it. Since I can't, I figured to throw it in. :D. Does anyone else host a working server?

Joe[x86]

Kyro, stop with the grammar checks. It makes me cry inside when people force me to recognize their mistakes -- I can usually just read over them. :P

As far as I know, lockdown can not be implemented in native Java. Through use of a DLL, perhaps JBLS can work again on Windows, but it will be breaking compatability with Linux, so theres no reason for using a slow, cross-platform language anyhow.

I'm personally looking forward to CBLS. :P
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Hdx

Once a working implementation of Lockdown is posted, I am damen sure I can convert it into a working format for Java.
We'll see, we jsut need someone to work on revsering and posting lockdown OS instead of re-making BNLS servers.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Joe[x86]

You need to map game files to memory, execute functions within them, and then grab chunks of memory and checksum them. I'm mostly worried about the second step.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

TheMinistered

Userloser, thats a pretty good idea... and a simple route would be to stub the bnls and just extend it to D1 and anything else it doesn't support (maybe even wow auth? ;p)  but the more elite and faster route would be to do everything on the server locally ;)

Barabajagal

You don't have to do all of that. You can just save the memory as a file, decompile the functions, rewrite them to read from the "memory file" instead of actual memory, and you're temporarily set.

|