• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Programs for money

Started by UserLoser, June 06, 2006, 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topaz

Quote from: Newby on June 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
some sort of pathetic whining goes here

I was addressing everyone in particular, but...

Shows my true character? Take a break from the shrink act, you're a failure. Subtly insulting the way he uses his time, and at that point, more or less parroting after Maddox. I read your post fine, by the way, so don't go acting superior like you racist slime tend to do.
RLY...?

Newby

Quote from: FrOzeN on June 11, 2006, 12:59 AM
Quote from: Newby on June 11, 2006, 12:53 AM
We're just simply stating you should not code any projects for Battle.net if you are interested in money.
Straight forward translation:
QuoteDon't spend ANY of your free time programming for Battle.net despite it being fun, because it won't make any money.

Wrong, buddy. Straight forward translation:

QuoteIf you want to make money in programming, don't program for Battle.net

Quote from: Topaz on June 11, 2006, 01:35 AM
I was addressing everyone in particular, but...

Shows my true character? Take a break from the shrink act, you're a failure. Subtly insulting the way he uses his time, and at that point, more or less parroting after Maddox. I read your post fine, by the way, so don't go acting superior like you racist slime tend to do.

No you weren't. You quoted me, and addressed me with 'you'. I read your post just fine.

I never meant to insult him. I'm sorry you read my post that way. :)

And I'm glad you're getting personal on this, calling me racist and all. It brings your arguments to a whole new light, and makes them so much more potent!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

topaz

QuoteNo you weren't. You quoted me, and addressed me with 'you'. I read your post just fine.

I never meant to insult him. I'm sorry you read my post that way. Smiley

And I'm glad you're getting personal on this, calling me racist and all. It brings your arguments to a whole new light, and makes them so much more potent!

Man, after reading your posts here and x86, I've realized you're really moody.
RLY...?

Newby

Really? Even iago agrees.

(quote taken from x86)

Quote from: iago on May 24, 2006, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Newby on May 24, 2006, 04:40 PM
If he's just gonna swing, I don't want him on my branch.
... says the #1 moodswinger I know :P
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

warz

man, yall might not be jealous but I FUCKIN AM. fuck. you all program for bnet and are getting paid atleast SOME money? yall are all bitching but i would love to make a damn bot and get any sort of cash. a fuckin BOT. wtf. who hasnt made one? btw, the bnet community i once knew is dead. bnet is nothing anymore.

FrOzeN

I know, make a virus that fucks up WoW when it runs on people's computers, making it unplayable. Spread that around the net.

That'd be a program worth paying for. :)
~ FrOzeN

Warrior

UL is right, everyone disagreeing with him is wrong. If it makes enough money to put extra $$ in your pocket, then by all means. For example with PHP I don't intend to pay all my bills, or manage a family but it's extra money for considerably less work I can do in an hour or so.

The argument of anyone against him has collapsed. You guys lose
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Yegg

Quote from: Warrior on June 11, 2006, 07:54 AM
UL is right, everyone disagreeing with him is wrong. If it makes enough money to put extra $$ in your pocket, then by all means.

People should realize this at an instant. As long as you're making money and doing something you know how to do and as long as you're having fun doing it then you should do it.

warz

I really don't see why anyone cares what userloser does on his spare time. If it's spare time, then chances are that the opportunity cost of doing other things is low in comparison to programming for money. This really isn't that big of an issue. I don't know why this thread has become so large.

Newby

Quote from: Warrior on June 11, 2006, 07:54 AM
UL is right, everyone disagreeing with him is wrong. If it makes enough money to put extra $$ in your pocket, then by all means. For example with PHP I don't intend to pay all my bills, or manage a family but it's extra money for considerably less work I can do in an hour or so.

You could make considerably more money than programming bots for kids, though.
- Newby

Warrior

But not enough to pay the bills. It isn't a fact that he does this as a full time job, maybe he just needs extra cash? You and Maddox were just looking for trouble.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

l)ragon

If they give you time enough to finnish what ever it is they asked, and you can actualy do the job then do it, money is money though I prefer cash in hand.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Hostile

Before I started playing WoW, I stole Skywings naming scheme and wrote Warcraft Enhancements for TFT 1.17(?i think) custom games. It wasn't really overboard in "hacks" as much as time saving things. The main features were...
For hacks:
Map hack, Name Spoofing.
For Enhancements:
Your Esc Key improved a few things, If you went to join a game and it was taking too long, Esc would cancel joining the game. If your Loading screen was taking forever, it would just bail you out of it without crashing your entire game.
I also wrote the recognition of in-game /commands to work with WCE in game.
Remembering the last game you were in, and joining the game last friend was in.
And if you were hosting the game...
You could drop anyone from it at anytime with in game command.

Before I left I was working on and IP Database after seeing Adron's SCReportLog's IP/Game/Name Log, I decided to make one as well, and would remember IP's and show up similar names. Though it would seem someone finally made this feature and is now a public hack which people use to categorize the person's country and ping times... as well as ban lists.

I would update this, but I don't really have the time and barely the desire to. I also have barely any knowledge of how Warden works which I thought they added into Warcraft3 also? If not some kind of new anti-hack measure. Couldn't say because I don't know. :p

Maybe if someone could prove they we're smart enough to update it, and would actually get it done, I would give them what I have.
- Hostile is sexy.

UserLoser

Quote from: Hostile on June 12, 2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe if someone could prove they we're smart enough to update it, and would actually get it done, I would give them what I have.

Right here ^_^  I play W3 constantly, but I don't hack...but I would mess around with it for fun in custom games :)

Spht

Quote from: UserLoser on June 12, 2006, 06:16 PM
Quote from: Hostile on June 12, 2006, 02:46 PM

Right here ^_^  I play W3 constantly, but I don't hack...but I would mess around with it for fun in custom games :)

You have enough on your plate.  Do my stuff!

|