• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Question About BNLS_CONFIRMLOGON (0x0A)

Started by ChR0NiC, March 18, 2004, 01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChR0NiC

Once I receive 0x56 password change success from BNET. The BNLS protocol says I should send 0x0A to BNLS along with the data. I was wondering what the point of this is....when you could simply just login from their....if there is a reason....I want to know what it is...

MyndFyre

Quote from: ChR0NiC on March 18, 2004, 01:22 AM
Once I receive 0x56 password change success from BNET. The BNLS protocol says I should send 0x0A to BNLS along with the data. I was wondering what the point of this is....when you could simply just login from their....if there is a reason....I want to know what it is...

** This proves the Battle.net server knows your password. The client should use BNLS_CONFIRMLOGON (0x0a) to verify the proof, and if it is incorrect, terminate the connection.

That is how the official clients do it.  Therefore, to ensure compatibility, you should too.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

ChR0NiC

Well, I already had it configured to do so, but it wasn't using it. But now it is...... :D

ChR0NiC

So when should I use this packet.....in response to BNLS_0x03?

MyndFyre

After SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTLOGONPROOF (0x54) S->C

Response:
---------

(DWORD) Status code.*
(5 DWORDs) Password proof.**

After SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTCHANGEPROOF (0x56) S->C

Response:
---------

(DWORD) Status code.*

And after SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTUPGRADEPROOF (0x58) S->C

Response:
---------

(DWORD) Status code.*

Cheers.

[edit] In the future, instead of replying to your own post when nobody else has replied to it, utilize the modify feature. [/edit]
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

ChR0NiC