• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

10yr old girl protests school dress code over mini skirt

Started by CrAz3D, April 06, 2006, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/education/s_440643.html

I support her in her protest.  I don't believe she should be wearing that at such a young age or in school, but I do think that the school should have a dress code that paralells what is law in that city and also keeps out articles of clothing that might start some sort of extreme confrontation.

Let all the little girls wear the mini skirts.  However, one little perverted boy is bound to look up the girl's skirt when she doesn't have her legs closed, when she complains I believe she ought to be prosecuted for public indecency (& maybe the little boy for being a peeping tom, if he was putting forth effort to sneak a peek).

School isn't a place to teach values, it is a place of academic learning and enforcement of community standards.  The girl wants to show off her underwear (God I hope she is wewaring soome)...then she can end up in prison & show it to everyone.

Y'all support the girl?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Um. That's retarded. I've support school uniforms since second grade, and this is just more of a reason why they're needed.

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 06, 2006, 04:50 PM
Um. That's retarded. I've support school uniforms since second grade, and this is just more of a reason why they're needed.
Uniforms limit the child's degree of expression & uniquity.  I also agree that the uniforms can keep some "law & order" in place.  The uniforms are an "easy way out" for the school system to keep control of the kids, they need to bring back corporal punishment, not banned these clothes and those clothes.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Hdx

Few things,
Its not a uniform like everyone prolly thinks, its a dresscode, everyone still gets to wear w/e they want as long as it falls into the guidelines.
Honestly, this isnt a big deal, just wear a skirt insted of a mini-skirt.
Also @Crazed
If you read the artical, its a squart (skirt w/ shorts)
So all your perverted comments are just stupied and dont effect this artical.

~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Mephisto

LOL @ uniforms, wow...I can't believe there's actually teenagers that exist who would want school uniforms...tsk tsk

CrAz3D

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on April 06, 2006, 05:21 PM
Few things,
Its not a uniform like everyone prolly thinks, its a dresscode, everyone still gets to wear w/e they want as long as it falls into the guidelines.
Honestly, this isnt a big deal, just wear a skirt insted of a mini-skirt.
Also @Crazed
If you read the artical, its a squart (skirt w/ shorts)
So all your perverted comments are just stupied and dont effect this artical.

~-~(HDX)~-~
Trust brought up the uniforms.

Skirt instead of miniskirt is besides the point for the chick.

If they let girls we squarts that short oughtn't they let them wear skirts that short?
(ré-bun-dance)

Hdx

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 06, 2006, 05:26 PM
If they let girls we squarts that short oughtn't they let them wear skirts that short?
No, because of the pervertedness you stated earlier.
And before you ask, its fairly easy to tell squarts from miki-skirts.

wearing squarts prevents the 'peeping toms' from possibly seeing anything.
~--~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

CrAz3D

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on April 06, 2006, 05:32 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on April 06, 2006, 05:26 PM
No, because of the pervertedness you stated earlier.
And before you ask, its fairly easy to tell squarts from miki-skirts.

wearing squarts prevents the 'peeping toms' from possibly seeing anything.
~--~(HDX)~-~
yeah, I had missed the squart part (since it was only mentioned once opposed to the mini skirt being mentioned multiple times).

I suppose these are long enough to keep their butt from hangin out too.
I wonder what the policy is on the length of shorts.
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

If the parents don't care that their kid wants to be a little whore, tough shit.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hdx

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 06, 2006, 05:39 PM
For our school it is judged by the arm/torso length of the girl. the hem must be lower then the tips of her fingers when streched down.
That usually ends up mid-thigh, so its cool.
hehe I love being a guy, dont have to worry about this shit(much).
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

CrAz3D

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on April 06, 2006, 06:49 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on April 06, 2006, 05:39 PM
For our school it is judged by the arm/torso length of the girl. the hem must be lower then the tips of her fingers when streched down.
That usually ends up mid-thigh, so its cool.
hehe I love being a guy, dont have to worry about this shit(much).
~-~(HDX)~-~
Our elem. school busted dudes alot for baggy pants hangin too low
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

Did I just read Crazed saying that corporal pubishment should be reintroduced into schools?

Additionally, suggesting that a girl should be punished for indecency because a boy was looking at her inappropriately is outrageously sexist.

hismajesty

The majority of crimes are crimes of opportunity. Undoubtedly they both should be punished.