• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

10yr old girl protests school dress code over mini skirt

Started by CrAz3D, April 06, 2006, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on April 07, 2006, 06:56 AM
Did I just read Crazed saying that corporal pubishment should be reintroduced into schools?

Additionally, suggesting that a girl should be punished for indecency because a boy was looking at her inappropriately is outrageously sexist.
Uhm, I think corporal punishment (or something much more extreme than the "write ups") is needed.  Suspension is ridiculous, you stay at home for a few days...it might have some influence on kids that are regularly decent people but not for the little deliunquents running around in schools.

Also, as for the little boy being a peeping tom...I shoul've explained it in more detail.  Girls with skirts obviously have to keep their legs closed/crossed so they're not flashing people.  If the girl can't seem to keep her self unexposed she should be charged.  If the little boy(or other girl) just happens to notice it then there should be no punishment...if the little boy TRIES to look he should be charged as well.

Its very extreme, but parents don't raise the kids anymore, parents have stripped most authority from the schools, so all I can see that we're left with is the legal system.
"It takes a community to raise a child"...I agree with that slogan, but the schools don't have the authority & some parents just don't step up to raise their kids.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Arta

The theory that beating people makes them behave better pretty much went out of the window with the Victorians. It's dangerous, ineffective, and misguided, not to mention unethical.

In fact, it's such a patently absurd suggestion that I really have no interest in discussing it.

CrAz3D

Corporal punishment isn't beating...it is a physical punishment opposed to time out or "reasoning" with your kid.

It went out of fashion when people began associating spanking with child abuse which is ever so recently.  As a kid I was never beat, but I sure was spanked.

What would you define beating & corporal punichment as?
I see beating as a criminally striking a person with intent to cause physical damage.  Corporal punishment intends to inflict pain to help people learn that they shouldn't do whatever it was that they just did.

You can't compare a smack on the butt or hand to a closed fist to the head, they aren't the same.

(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Mephisto

Look, it doesn't really matter since Corporal punishment will never be instituted in public schools again.  Do you honestly think if it was that a student would accept the punishment?  They'd probably fight back with the teacher if anything.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Mephisto on April 07, 2006, 02:56 PM
Look, it doesn't really matter since Corporal punishment will never be instituted in public schools again.  Do you honestly think if it was that a student would accept the punishment?  They'd probably fight back with the teacher if anything.
They used to, because they were raised right.

There is a school in California? now that the principal has instituted a public humiliation treaetment thing for kids that don't turn in work and misbehave.
The parents and teachers have all said that it has helped the kids alot
(ré-bun-dance)

Warrior

Hell, if a teacher touches me then we have problems. Major problems.
Corporal punishment doesn't work, never has and never did.

Just kick the kid off any sports, suspend him and after multiple suspensions then if still not effective schedule some parent meeting. Parents are the only one who can lay down the law, not the school. Their job is to inform the parent of what their child is doing.

Additionally suspensions seem to have a good effect here, sure it doesn't help much afterwise but there is some fear of getting caught around here. As with anything, it just makes students smarter when doing bad things.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Warrior on April 07, 2006, 04:53 PM
Hell, if a teacher touches me then we have problems. Major problems.
Corporal punishment doesn't work, never has and never did.

Just kick the kid off any sports, suspend him and after multiple suspensions then if still not effective schedule some parent meeting. Parents are the only one who can lay down the law, not the school. Their job is to inform the parent of what their child is doing.

Additionally suspensions seem to have a good effect here, sure it doesn't help much afterwise but there is some fear of getting caught around here. As with anything, it just makes students smarter when doing bad things.
If the parents cared & were decent to begin with then there would be no need for suspension or parent-teacher meetings.
Alot of kids here that get suspended skip class alot anyway so it doesn't matter to them one way or another.
Corporal punishment used to work.  Having the fear of being humiliated and spanked in school isn't fun...a free 2-3 days off from school is a nice break.
(ré-bun-dance)

Warrior

I wouldn't blame the parents for a kid being an idiot..like I said my parents are great and I still fuck up in school. It's who you hang with/the people you're around.

Corporal punishment works no better than the system we have today does, you know except withought the uneeded force. 
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

Parents raise the kid to know what is right & wrong, the kid screws up because the kid hasnt learned well enough from their parents
(ré-bun-dance)

Joe[x86]

You would think spending hour upon hour in a church would stop me from bringing knives to school. You'd be wrong.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Quote from: J on April 09, 2006, 02:19 PM
You would think spending hour upon hour in a church would stop me from bringing knives to school. You'd be wrong.
#1 Why do you take knives to school?
#2 It is how you were raised is why you disobey the rules.
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

No, I'd think common sense would stop most people from bringing knives to school.  Evidently you're just a moron.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Grok

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on April 09, 2006, 04:13 PM
No, I'd think common sense would stop most people from bringing knives to school.  Evidently you're just a moron.

I'm apparently a moron too.  Twenty years ago if you brought a knife to school the vice principal or teacher would  tell you to put it in your locker until you go home.  Nobody ever stabbed anyone.  Nobody brought guns to school, though you would see the occasional hunting rifle or shotgun in some redneck's gun rack of their pickup.

Kids weren't all fucked up.  They weren't given the option to be fucked up.  Nobody's momma was a crack-head and school's didnt teach that the meaning of history is in how you feel about it.  Subjects were taught as education, and not as social political programming agendas.  You studied 80% core math science languages and physical education, usually 4 years of each except PE which was at least 2 years.  Nobody had "majors" in high school which distracted them from learning.  I could go on forever about the crap schools that you're all in, and it would go right over your heads.  You're so convinced that you're in better schools because they have computers, and majors, and you're taking advanced calculus in the 9th grade.  Well whoop-de-doo, you're also getting shot up by your classmates.  Congratulations.

I'll take moron.  Thanks.

Meh

She looks about 13 or 14 in that picture of her :-\. No miniskirts for under 16's I say.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on April 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on April 09, 2006, 04:13 PM

I'm apparently a moron too.  Twenty years ago if you brought a knife to school the vice principal or teacher would  tell you to put it in your locker until you go home.  Nobody ever stabbed anyone.  Nobody brought guns to school, though you would see the occasional hunting rifle or shotgun in some redneck's gun rack of their pickup.

Kids weren't all fucked up.  They weren't given the option to be fucked up.  Nobody's momma was a crack-head and school's didnt teach that the meaning of history is in how you feel about it.  Subjects were taught as education, and not as social political programming agendas.  You studied 80% core math science languages and physical education, usually 4 years of each except PE which was at least 2 years.  Nobody had "majors" in high school which distracted them from learning.  I could go on forever about the crap schools that you're all in, and it would go right over your heads.  You're so convinced that you're in better schools because they have computers, and majors, and you're taking advanced calculus in the 9th grade.  Well whoop-de-doo, you're also getting shot up by your classmates.  Congratulations.

I'll take moron.  Thanks.
Different times, different issues.
You can't live in the past, wake up and accept reality.
(ré-bun-dance)

|