• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Gm cars have fewer problems than new Hondas!

Started by CrAz3D, April 04, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: BighershJD Power & Associates

Which new cars are the most problem free? If you answered Japanese-built cars you would be right, but the domestics are also getting their act together, especially General Motors.

The latest J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey, which rates new vehicles according to the number of problems reported during the first three months of ownership, puts Toyota's Lexus luxury division at the top of the heap, showing the lowest number of problems with its vehicles of any major automaker. Owners of the Lexus SC430 retractable hardtop sport coupe reported just 54 problems per 100 vehicles sold, compared to an industry average of 118 problems per 100 cars.

Overall, Lexus vehicles averaged 81 problems per 100 vehicles sold, an impressive score and substantially better than General Motors' Cadillac luxury division (104 problems per 100 vehicles), Mercedes-Benz (104 problems per 100 vehicles) and Ford Motor Company's Lincoln luxury division (113 problems per 100 vehicles).

Jaguar and BMW also earned top marks for quality, according to the J.D. Power IQS report, with 88 and 95 reported problems per 100 vehicles reported, respectively.

Surprisingly, Honda and its luxury line, Acura, didn't do so well, with 112 and 116 problems per 100 vehicles reported. In other words, new owners of Honda and Acura vehicles reported more problems with their cars than new owners of Cadillac (104 problems) and Buick (100 problems) vehicles.

This is the first time in recent memory that GM vehicles have outscored Honda and Acura on build quality as measured by the number of problems reported by consumers.

Say it isn't so!!!

GOD Bless America</singing>

That's pretty flippin sweet, just gotta keep climbing to the top & get the fewest problems; then GM shall triumph once again!
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Joe[x86]

Hint hint: Quote syntax on this BB is..

[.quote author=J]stuff here[/quote.]

Looks like you tried IPB syntax or something.

EDIT -
Nice, nobbc doesn't work on these forums. Fixed.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

powered by nissan

Wow thats stupid. Its about the long run when they wont last.

CrAz3D

If they break new how are they even going to exist in the long run?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Trance

Bottom line is no one wants a GM car, they all look bland and people don't want boring cars. It doesn't matter that they are doing better as far as build quality goes, it takes a long time to build a good reputation and as far as the average consumer is concerned today GM = junk. If they are to come back they'll need to redesign thier cars. They're in the process of this, but it may be too late with the possible strike at delphi. If delphi strikes GM will be in a real crisis because delphi is their main parts supplier.

quasi-modo

Quote from: powered by nissan on April 04, 2006, 10:07 PM
Wow thats stupid. Its about the long run when they wont last.
Gm has the best parts network in the united states. Better than any other domestic or any import.

Look at the 3800 series v6 they put in the pontiac grand prix, buicks, so on and so fourth. That engine was first introduced in 85 I believe (somewhere in there), it is all but perfect. One of the best things about it is that when parts do go, which they will (everything will eventually), everything is right up front. You can get at anything engine real easy (except for maybe the power steering pump, you have to go under the car for that, but that's it). The parts availability plus the simplicity in the underlying design make the cars very reliable and very serviceable.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

MyndFyre

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 05, 2006, 12:58 AM
Gm has the best parts network in the united states. Better than any other domestic or any import.

What about Toyota?  They're foreign-owned, but everything is built here, so we don't have the parts problem you attributed to other foreign cars.  And they kicked the shit out of GM and every other car manufacturer in this survey.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on April 05, 2006, 11:22 AM
Quote from: quasi-modo on April 05, 2006, 12:58 AM

What about Toyota?  They're foreign-owned, but everything is built here, so we don't have the parts problem you attributed to other foreign cars.  And they kicked the shit out of GM and every other car manufacturer in this survey.
I'd like to point out that Japan built Toyotas are better than Amercian built Toyotas...isn't that sad?  Our work quality is being destroyed by extreme measures unions take.  If people had to compete for their job (to weld this little piece of metal to that piece) they'd be doing a HELL of alot better job at it.
(ré-bun-dance)

UserLoser

Americans are only good at making Trucks and Tires.  That's the bottom line.

Mephisto

Quote from: UserLoser on April 05, 2006, 04:07 PM
Americans are only good at making Trucks and Tires.  That's the bottom line.
Agree...our domestic cars blow; the majority anyways.

quasi-modo

WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

UserLoser

Some prime example of imported domination:
#2 - listen to the engine, oh how powerful :)

CrAz3D

Quote from: UserLoser on April 05, 2006, 10:53 PM
Some prime example of imported domination:
#2 - listen to the engine, oh how powerful :)
I'd hate to have to listen to a Skyline, but I sure wouldn't mind driving one.  Those coffee can mufflers are obnoxious, I prefer a deep roar.
(ré-bun-dance)