• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New Gm cars have fewer problems than new Hondas!

Started by CrAz3D, April 04, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 05, 2006, 11:06 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on April 05, 2006, 10:53 PM
Some prime example of imported domination:
#2 - listen to the engine, oh how powerful :)
I'd hate to have to listen to a Skyline, but I sure wouldn't mind driving one.  Those coffee can mufflers are obnoxious, I prefer a deep roar.

They do have a deep roar.  Probably just the sound of it's twin turbo makes it sound different to you, compared to say...some supercharged American car.  I can't really think of any turboed American cars...

CrAz3D

Quote from: UserLoser on April 05, 2006, 11:29 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on April 05, 2006, 11:06 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on April 05, 2006, 10:53 PM
Some prime example of imported domination:
#2 - listen to the engine, oh how powerful :)
I'd hate to have to listen to a Skyline, but I sure wouldn't mind driving one.  Those coffee can mufflers are obnoxious, I prefer a deep roar.

They do have a deep roar.  Probably just the sound of it's twin turbo makes it sound different to you, compared to say...some supercharged American car.  I can't really think of any turboed American cars...
Dodge Stealth ;)....which is just a Mitsubishi :(
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

quasi-modo

I prefer a super charger anway. No turbo lag, get the power right away. But I think what crazed was saying is something like: I am driving along, and there is damned civic sitting next to me that sounds like it is dieing and hes accelerating just as fast me... I drive a buick. That high pitched exhaust that some people put on their cars is very annoying. I also prefer the tuned deep throaty exhaust.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 06, 2006, 01:01 AM
I prefer a super charger anway. No turbo lag, get the power right away. But I think what crazed was saying is something like: I am driving along, and there is damned civic sitting next to me that sounds like it is dieing and hes accelerating just as fast me... I drive a buick. That high pitched exhaust that some people put on their cars is very annoying. I also prefer the tuned deep throaty exhaust.
word up!...loud deep exhaust can be bad too, but it doesnt make you want to die like the ricer cars do
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

UserLoser

American cars can have the same exhausts that some ricers do...duh.  The only reason a majority (if you claim) of imported have loud crappy exhausts, well, to stereotype and tell the truth: blame the mexicans and asains with their civics and integras.  Then again, what about all the ricer cavaliers?  Any car can be classified as a ricer, just more imported cars are more popular for it.  Crappy civics/integras/crxs are easy to come upon because they're old and cheap.  That's just a fact.

However, a civic with an engine swap that's turboed will beat virtually anything out there.  Weight/power ratio + turbo boost.  This can be done to say, an american car too but it just doesn't ever happen.

There's a big difference between ricers and nicely fixed up cars.  Calling any imported car a ricer is just an invalid statement

UserLoser

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 06, 2006, 01:01 AM

Deep throaty exhaust...get a mustang gt or something with a >= v8.  Oh hey, a Skyline/Supra with an inline-8 :P

quasi-modo

Or one of the new challengers thats just around the corner. Im not a big fan of ford myself.

Shit, drop a tuned (turbo, valve timing, whatever) 350 into the back of a beatle and it will beat anything. I've heard of that being done w/ the right tranny.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

UserLoser

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 06, 2006, 10:51 PM
Or one of the new challengers thats just around the corner. Im not a big fan of ford myself.

Shit, drop a tuned (turbo, valve timing, whatever) 350 into the back of a beatle and it will beat anything. I've heard of that being done w/ the right tranny.

Can beat a lot of things going in only a straight line ::)

Ringo

Well, wouldnt the Honda driver have got his car to cain the tits off of it?
And the GM driver got his car for the sunday shoping and taking the kids to school? :P
Honda is the shits!

CrAz3D

Quote from: Ringo on April 08, 2006, 02:18 AM
And the GM driver got his car for the sunday shoping and taking the kids to school? :P
Honda is the shits!
yes...?
(ré-bun-dance)

Ringo

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 08, 2006, 10:05 AM
Honda is the shits!
yes...?
Yes...!

CrAz3D

Quote from: Ringo on April 09, 2006, 01:07 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on April 08, 2006, 10:05 AM
Honda is the shits!
yes...?
Yes...!
Could yoou explain what that post meant?
(ré-bun-dance)

Ringo

CrAz3D

Honda is the shits!

"Honda is the shits" is the only part of that thing that made sense to me.

"Cain the tits off of it"?
"the GM driver got his car for the sunday shopping and taking the kids to school"?....I think this means that the GM driver would've bought the car for a daily driver, that's what you mean, yes?
(ré-bun-dance)

|