• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sony PSP

Started by jigsaw, March 17, 2006, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

I saw a PSP at a sony store, and actually debated getting one. Looks handy, can play movies, mp3s, and games to kill time on an airplane or wherever... Anyone have one of these? What else are they capable of, are they worth buying? Give me your opinions.

disco

I have one.  It is good for killing time but, like with all handheld systems, I almost never use it around the house.  I'd only recommend getting it if you either travel alot or there's nothing else you'd rather spend the money on.
Say it with me:

Trance

Sony just announced that they'll be able to do even more things soon like used as GPS devices. There's an article here that talks about a few things for it's future. I haven't had too much of a chance to play around with one so I can't give you an idea of if it's great or not.

l)ragon

I'm waiting on the prices for that small thing to go down befor I think of getting one, though I probably wouldent be getting one for the games realy but more for the movies heh.

PS3 is a differant story, even if it is out the end of the year I will have one ;p.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696054p1.html
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

CrAz3D

november?! *gasp*
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Kp

Just remember to check it for a rootkit. ;)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

rabbit

Quote from: jigsaw on March 17, 2006, 01:43 PM
I saw a PSP at a sony store, and actually debated getting one. Looks handy, can play movies, mp3s, and games to kill time on an airplane or wherever... Anyone have one of these? What else are they capable of, are they worth buying? Give me your opinions.
I have one, very nice.  Investing in a 2gb memory stick ($150) is well worth it.  If you get the right firmware (1.5!) you can play damn near any game on the thing, and I mean *any*.  I'm currently engaged in playing Gradius III and Earthbound (SNES), and I occasionally play Tetris and Super Mario Brothers (NES!), very fun.

IMHO, PSP is fantamazing.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Meh

I have one and there are some quite good games out now for them. GTA is sweet. Also running homebrew apps is fun even if you get a 2.6 version you can run some homebrew.

rabbit

1.5 is the best for homebrew, however.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Meh

Yes but 2.6 will soon get to that stage. And 1.5's usually cost more.

Trance

Is it easy to browse the internet with PSP?

rabbit

Yep!  Though the small screen can make viewing a whole page at once...challenging, seeing as how most websites aren't made to fit such a small screen size.

Warrior

Quote from: Kp on March 17, 2006, 06:49 PM
Just remember to check it for a rootkit. ;)

rofl!
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Trance

Friend of mine let me borrow his and so far I like it, but since I don't game I'm not sure if I'd spend $200 on it. I do like the internet browser though, they did a really good job. I can't seem to get the RSS feeds to work for me though.

Does it usually take a long time for the battery to charge? My friend lost his charged so I went out and got this cheap usb charger thing, it took nearly 6 hours for a full charge...

One thing that really annoyed me is the battery needs to be 50% full or more to upgrade firmware. That's just silly.

rabbit

The update requirements are stupid.  Anyways, with the REAL charger, I've done dead => full in about an hour.  What's more awesome is that I managed to listen to almost an hour of music with 3% battery left (~9 minutes) by turning off the screen and putting the volume down 1 below max.  Very awesome.