• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Starcraft Keys

Started by Guest, February 16, 2003, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Tazo

Quote from: MyStiCaL on February 19, 2006, 12:48 PM
I'll look for my keys today, and post a few.. doesn't mean they have to be working but atleast valid.

Also, This topic has so many useless post its hard to re-read everything everyone said including a few people decided to delete there 'could be' useful post, but i was wondering...

Keys are generated from blizzard of course.
Keys are active before you even buy the game and install right?
Yes. If I go to Wal-Mart and open a Starcraft box, I can write down the key and use it when I get home (Someone is out $10!).

MysT_DooM

Quote from: MyStiCaL on February 19, 2006, 12:48 PM
I'll look for my keys today, and post a few.. doesn't mean they have to be working but atleast valid.

Valid meaning they have to be either Banned, voided, muted, or working.

Edit: however if the key is invalid, that would also be of somewhat of significant also.

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Joe[x86]

I should be left with the right to lock my own topic..

*uses*
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

GoaL

I would just like to say one last thing as this topic was locked. I was thinking, espically what one person said, when you go to wal-mart and buy starcraft... your paying 10.00 for the game, not the FREE service, battle.net that is provided. It's simply a free service, the game is still fun and interesting without battle.net, although it does enhance it a bit. I was also thinking, people have figured out the adobe photoshop serials, and anyone can easily get one by googling. Now think how many great designers there wouldn't be in the world without a somewhat-illegal copy of photoshop. Doesn't the same thinking apply here, I say, if this topic does continue, no lists of keys should be posted, but just lines of coding and explinations of coding or mathmatical advances, I think it is a very interesting topic, and i have learned alot.

Sincerely,

Adam R. (AKA GoaL AKA Smarter And recently aka Smart@EAST (thx Rap!)

PaiD

It would be nice but isnt going to happen. Also in the event of this happening and there are massive amounts of cdkeys for Starcraft then people will abuse it with floodbots and then blizzard will be forced to restrict that client just like they did with Starcraft Japan and Telnet

Spht

Quote from: Joe on February 25, 2006, 08:25 PM
I should be left with the right to lock my own topic..

*uses*

I'll leave that to the moderators.

GoaL

But it would be slightly limited to coders, because like I said no lists of keys. Also, I don't think they battle.net would limit it again, they'd lose alot of money too i think. The reason battle.net is free, is because they make money off it. From I think AT&T and the ad's (shown on client), it's also one reason I think they don't like bot's. But, yeah, another thing, I see your a photoshop user, did you honestly go out and buy it? ;) I think not.

GoaL

Um, Kp. Now there just gonna re-lock my topic now, lol. I don't think that merge was very usefull, but o-well, your the moderator! :-D

MysT_DooM

I suggest not posting code related to "mathematical advances" or Cd Key Scanner coding and especially private value formulas cause that would be just not good information for the public domain, it would be like giving a nuke to osama bin laden or something; if you get my analogy.

Some things that i did find out today for those who have made scanners is that anything less then 30 secs between key checks results in a IP ban after around 25 valid key checks in a row.  so if you keep it at a 30 sec interval you'll be fine. possibly maybe 35 secs because i have noticed after picking up 134 valid keys one after the other it sort of like stops connecting, but once i repress my button to connect, it goes through fine.
If you dont have timed intervals between each key check, i tested that out also. results were 
1 Invalid Key Check  = Ip Ban
10 Valid Checks (In a Row) = Ip Ban
20 Wrong Product (In a Row)= Ip Ban
but if you added proxy support this wouldnt be a problem for you.
On another note
Quote from:  Mystical
I have Keys that start with 6-8 and 9 also
I can confidently say that you do not have a cd key that is either valid, muted, banned, voided, or invalid that starts with a 6 8 or a 9.

Tazo

Quote from: MysT_DooM on February 25, 2006, 11:14 PM
I suggest not posting code related to "mathematical advances" or Cd Key Scanner coding and especially private value formulas cause that would be just not good information for the public domain, it would be like giving a nuke to osama bin laden or something; if you get my analogy.
The hypocracy.
(sorry, had to).

Spht

Quote from: MysT_DooM on February 25, 2006, 11:14 PM

Come on, video games haven't desensitized you that much, have they?

"Giving a nuke to Osama bin Laden" (you have to find him first) would threaten the lives of his enemies (the entire West?).  That is a little different than this.

This is like a nice book store, which offers people with library cards free candy when they visit.  Now, someone in town told everyone how to make their own library card.  Kids rejoice as they can now go into the book store to get free candy with their free library cards!  The library manager finds out about this, and decides to get rid of the free candy offer.  Kids stop going to the bookstore because they don't read books, and everyone else doesn't care because they rather read books than eat candy.

MysT_DooM

yup spht your analogy makes a lot more sense :P

and Tazo I don't think i posted code for mathematical advances or cd key scanning or code that derives a private value.

Edit: From my early post about Key Check Intervals, i switched mine to 1 minute and ran my program overnight and by mourning the connection was still fine and the key checks were going smoothly.

Tazo

Quote from: MysT_DooM on February 26, 2006, 09:12 AM
yup spht your analogy makes a lot more sense :P

and Tazo I don't think i posted code for mathematical advances or cd key scanning or code that derives a private value.

Edit: From my early post about Key Check Intervals, i switched mine to 1 minute and ran my program overnight and by mourning the connection was still fine and the key checks were going smoothly.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You said that the code didn't need to 'fall into the wrong hands', basicly. Why? Maybe because they would make a tool to generate keys and release it - like you!  >:(

MysT_DooM

ahh now I see where your coming from.  Indeed my generator is available to the public, its not to the point of greatness where it can be damaging, its just a million times more better then the rest of those public generators out there :P
I mean its not like i'm gona release my scanner, that sort of thing would be damaging.

|