• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Vice President Attacks Wrong Target

Started by Grok, February 12, 2006, 05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkMinion

Not to mention making totally irresponsible speeches in unfriendly foreign countries.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Invert on February 14, 2006, 02:44 AM
I'd rather shoot someone than to pretend that I invented the internet.
teehee
Accidents happen all the time, I don't understand why its such a big deal.  Sure it involved the VP, but seriously, let it go people.
Now people are saying its like a conspiracy since we weren't told il a day after.  pfft
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Invert

It's just a liberal trend now a days to go after anything and everything done by this administration. They always criticize but will never give better ideas of their own when it comes to the war, or anything else for that matter.

Grok

Since liberals have failed, I'll try.  Better idea:  when you're vice president and accidentally shoot your friend with birdshot, do not try to keep it a secret.

LOL.  Come on guys how is it possible to be serious about this?  Why is the White House doing anything other than giggling publically.  It's a friggin accident, say "OOPS" and make some bird jokes and get on with leading the country.

DarkMinion

Which is exactly what they're trying to do, McLellan was joking about it today, but the Dems are trying to turn it into a conspiracy or scandal.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on February 14, 2006, 11:44 AM
Since liberals have failed, I'll try.  Better idea:  when you're vice president and accidentally shoot your friend with birdshot, do not try to keep it a secret.
I don't think that they did try to keep it a secret, they just hadn't told anyone.  If it was a secret then I don't think the ranch owner (a friend of Cheney as I gatheredd) would've been so careless & informed the press.

Quote from: Grok on February 14, 2006, 11:44 AM
LOL.  Come on guys how is it possible to be serious about this?  Why is the White House doing anything other than giggling publically.  It's a friggin accident, say "OOPS" and make some bird jokes and get on with leading the country.
Word, crazy liberals & their conspiracy theories

EDIT:
HEH @ DarkMinion & him mentioning the liberals trying to turn this into a conspiracy as I did too.
I spose its pretty obvious then.

My dad was all worked up about it last night, I couldn't help but at at him for criticizing the WhiteHouse for "hiding" information from the public.
Brought Clinton up in the matter last night.
Cheney's thing was an accident, happens all the time.  However, still a personal matter.
Clinton's thing was normal, happens all the time.  However, still a personal matter.

BUT, I think Clinton's incident shows that he isn't trustworthy, if he betrays his wife why couldn't he betray his country (by selling technology tio China like he did).
Cheney's incident shows he can make mistakes, which is already obvious because no person is perfect.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hostile

I agree with you, Grok. Its just annoying that they're trying to make this a big deal because they had a "private citizen" tell us, rather then Cheney's office, even though the "private citizen" said she was told by Cheney to give the news out.
My first reaction the other day, well was I laughed to be honest. Only at the headline, I know how easy it could be to do it to someone if they didn't signal where they were. Now they're crying about the fact he didn't have the proper stamp to quail hunt, well thats pretty funny also. But to be fair, there are different stamps for almost every kind of bird hunting, so it's not that easy to stay on top of which ones you need (though you would think the VP would just have someone get him every single license/stamp for the state, wouldn't you?)

Though, the reason the White House isn't laughing publically/shruging it off is probably because they don't want to come across as insensitive on the matter, or come off as the Vice President not caring that he shot him.
- Hostile is sexy.

Invert

You know what, this was not even worth a post. It's not political in any way. If you wanted to make fun of your VP you should post this in the Fun Forum™.

DarkMinion

Actually, they are laughing about it.  White House spokesman Scott McLellan made a joke at a press conference today when he mentioned the Texas Longhorn football team coming to visit the White House.  He said that the team would be wearing orange because it's the school colors, and not because they think Cheney will be there.

The bottom line:

Quail hunting accidents happen all the time.  The circumstances under which this accident happened are very common.  I've seen it happen twice and it has happened to me once.  'Tis why I don't quail hunt anymore.

This is being made a big deal out of by a lot of different people and it doesn't need to be.  The reporters in the White House press room were quite obviously trying to apply that the White House was involved in some sort of cover up or conspiracy, which just flat out is not the case.

DarkMinion

Hell, turn the news on right now, those idiot reporters are trying their damndest to get the surgeon to say that the man could possibly die of this because they would jump all over that.   ::)

Grok

Sorry to disagree, but humor has long been a part of politics, and I hope humor has a place in this political forum as well.  But I'll leave that up to the moderators.  If in their opinion there's nothing funny about politics, I will adhere to their forum policy.

This is probably no longer funny though, as the news is reporting some of the bird shot has given the guy a minor heart attack when it moved into his heart.  I hope he makes a full recovery.

Hostile

Yeah, just read that also. Hopefully he'll get better.

I'm kind of with you on the hunting too, Mike. I think you said you do Gun-Deer also, but the only hunting I've ever really gotten into is duck hunting. Anytime you're hunting and aiming at the ground, theres bound to be accidents of the like. Bow Deer is ok in my book also, though I never get around to it.
- Hostile is sexy.

disco

I thought it was funny that the first time I saw the news report about it was after I just finished watching Wedding Crashers.  (If you've seen it, you know what I mean.)
Say it with me:

Invert

Quote from: Grok on February 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
Sorry to disagree, but humor has long been a part of politics, and I hope humor has a place in this political forum as well.  But I'll leave that up to the moderators.  If in their opinion there's nothing funny about politics, I will adhere to their forum policy.

This is probably no longer funny though, as the news is reporting some of the bird shot has given the guy a minor heart attack when it moved into his heart.  I hope he makes a full recovery.

Grok, please tell me again how the moderator (Arta) of this forum is not bias when you make a post making fun of our VP and I make a post making fun of Sheehan running for Senate but only my post gets deleted from here and moved to the Trash Can. Arta told me that this is not the place to make fun of people and that's why my post got deleted.

This is crap.

dxoigmn

What happens if the guy dies? He's back in intensive care apparently for a heart attack because of the attack.

|