• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Alito Questioning

Started by CrAz3D, January 11, 2006, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephisto

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 12, 2006, 05:06 PM
Quote from: Mephisto on January 12, 2006, 04:52 PM
So you agree?  I recommend that you don't make those stupid comments again about the left being a bunch of bullshitters asking irrelevant questions when the right would do the same.
In my post (before you replied) I mentioned the leftist meanines, I just never acknowledged the rightist meanies because they weren't really in the picture right now.

The court was divided between four fairly predictable conservatives and four fairly prediactable liberals with Sandra Day O'Conner being in the middle to decide the the fate of many rulings for cases in the past.  How many 5-4 cases have there been in the last decade with a large amount of controversy?
No doubt about that.

You're quite wrong.  If beliefs had nothing to do with the Supreme Court we wouldn't even be arguing about justice nominees to begin with; it'd automatically be who the President wanted and we wouldn't care.

The truth is, what he stands for and what he believes is critical to the outcome of rulings in the Supreme Court.  Their job is to interpret the Constitution, and interpretation is strongly, and if not indefinitely influenced by personal belief and opinion; I'm sorry, but there's no denying it, you'd be an idiot if you did.
I said he should be ruling by law.  Yes, I accept that beliefs have alot to do with what is & isn't unconstitutional, but also believe Alito appears (to me) to stay within the law on his rulings.

Yes, and this pick will likely be the biggest determining factor of the rulings.  See above.

I'm referring to people reading this and taking part of the discussion.  For example, I gurantee the case of abortion will come knocking on the Supreme Court again in the near future, and it it's a 5/4 conservative/liberal ratio, then we all know what the ruling will be.  Same goes for the other way around (vice versa).

This decision will strongly affect things like abortion, gun rights, etc. and that frankly, is a big deal.
Of course its a big deal.
The next abortions case will be about the states' right to decide about abortion.  Indiana? has proposed a bill in their state legislature that would make any & all abortion illegal.
Whether or not abortion truly is a "state right" will be decided in the Supreme Court sometime, just as gay marriage is currently a "state right".

Well I'm glad you agree with a liberal on such a general topic, regardless of such a bad thing that may be.

CrAz3D

I'm just against the personal slander going on.
I realize it would go either way, & as Sen. Bidden? said this whole interrogation of these nominees is just a political mudslinging war, TOTALLY pointless, now.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Invert

Diane Feinstein, Charles Schumer, Edward Kennedy are all a disgrace to the United States of America and are unfit to be U.S. senators.

If you heard the part of the hearing last night where the most incompetent senator of all time Edward Kennedy was questioning Judge Alito, Kennedy was reading from a script that was obviously put together by that wicked witch herself Diane Feinstein. It became obvious when he forgot to read the last line of the script and the witch shouted out to him to read the last line, Kennedy being an incompetent pile of cow pie that he is started reading the same line he just read a second ago at that time the witch started reciting the line that he was suppose to read from her own memory. Kennedy looked confused and answered back to the witch telling her to give him a second to figure things out where things were in the script she wrote for him. The entire room broke into laughter at the expense of the incompetent pile of cow pie.

The fecal excrement known to us by the name of Charles Schumer decided to practice McCarthyism by implicating someone by association.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=11555

CrAz3D

Other than all the crazy names used, I agree with you & the article you posted.

I want to see a MEN'S history class denounce women, see what would happen then.

It was quite disturbing when I saw the Senators reading their predetermined conclusions & comments...how does one KNOW the future like that?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Invert

Mephisto throws a lot of what ifs and makes his point with assumptions that the republicans would grill a liberal candidate using McCarthyism methods. I can also go with what ifs and ask what if your mother aborted you at 5 months of pregnancy?

But we won't do that. We are simply going to look at Ruth Bader Ginsburg confirmation questioning.
The republicans were very nice to her during the questioning when she only answered about 5% of their questions!

Pay good attention to section II
http://www.fed-soc.org/Publications/rbgjudnomconduct.pdf

Judge Alito answered about 95% of the questions he was asked even when being falsely accused by association.

Mephisto

Quote from: Invert on January 12, 2006, 09:47 PM
Mephisto throws a lot of what ifs and makes his point with assumptions that the republicans would grill a liberal candidate using McCarthyism methods. I can also go with what ifs and ask what if your mother aborted you at 5 months of pregnancy?

But we won't do that. We are simply going to look at Ruth Bader Ginsburg confirmation questioning.
The republicans were very nice to her during the questioning when she only answered about 5% of their questions!

Pay good attention to section II
http://www.fed-soc.org/Publications/rbgjudnomconduct.pdf

Judge Alito answered about 95% of the questions he was asked even when being falsely accused by association.

I am so sick of your aggressive and offensive comments in a vein effort to try and convince everyone that liberals are the absolute scum of this earth and conservatives are the ideal example of a human.  You're turning into Hazard II.

The what-if I proposed certainly has a very high probability to become a reality if in fact the setting for it was true, especially in this day and age.  I might also mention I gave one what-if and you make it sound like I committed a crime or stated a dozen what-ifs.  And lastly the what-if part of my post wasn't even my point that I was trying to get across.  Please re-read.

And as for your post, you are using one example in history to serve as a generic template for how conservatives are to act in the most ideal manner and always will?  Please.  Sounds like you would have it be that conservatives are always the best, always right, and always act with ideal manner while liberals are always the worst, always wrong, and always act inconsistantly and stupiditly.

Stealth

QuoteI am so sick of your aggressive and offensive comments in a vein effort to try and convince everyone that liberals are the absolute scum of this earth and conservatives are the ideal example of a human.  You're turning into Hazard II.

His words don't strike me as particularly aggressive OR offensive. The lines of questioning chosen by several key Democratic senators are certainly painting them as despicable characters -- I consider anyone who bases their argument entirely off of personal smears a despicable character.

QuoteAnd as for your post, you are using one example in history to serve as a generic template for how conservatives are to act in the most ideal manner and always will?  Please.  Sounds like you would have it be that conservatives are always the best, always right, and always act with ideal manner while liberals are always the worst, always wrong, and always act inconsistantly and stupiditly.

Certainly not. Generalities are silly; furthermore, you're putting words in his mouth. "Sounds like"? He never said any of that. Conservatives can be just as stupid and fearmongering as liberals. What we're looking at are the personal attacks committed by liberal senators against a conservative nominee -- there's no room for debate as to whether or not they happened, because they're on the record.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Grok

Congratulations to Alito, the Senate Judiciary Committee approved his recommendation.

I approve it too.  I like the way he is careful about his answers so that they are applicable to the law.  He seems to be very much about the rule of law and that is precisely what we need.  The judiciary does not exist to create law, only to enforce it and sometimes clarify it.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on January 24, 2006, 12:10 PM
Congratulations to Alito, the Senate Judiciary Committee approved his recommendation.

I approve it too.  I like the way he is careful about his answers so that they are applicable to the law.  He seems to be very much about the rule of law and that is precisely what we need.  The judiciary does not exist to create law, only to enforce it and sometimes clarify it.
Fun fun.
(ré-bun-dance)

DarkMinion

You know what's hilarious to me?  Feinstein actually believes the far left is the judicial mainstream.