• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

OK f'd up little kid...I guess video games/TV is bad

Started by CrAz3D, December 17, 2005, 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kp

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 18, 2005, 11:43 AMPLUS he went to Taco-Bell after he did it, what sicko does that?

So he should've gone to McDonalds instead?  Or maybe Burger King?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

MyndFyre

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 17, 2005, 09:40 PM
Personally I think its the fathers fault for leaving the gun accessible.
This is at least partially true.

Quote from: Networks on December 18, 2005, 11:30 AM
Ever think the kid was getting physically abused if he got bad grades? That'd make you kill your dad if it happened enough and none of us know the circumstances he was in.

I blame it ALL on the parents. No one is born a killer, it's how they are brought up.

Also I think it's safe to say he burned the house so it wouldn't seem like he killed his dad and perhaps the fire did.
While I generally agree with this, I'm not ready to make the conclusion that it was ALL their fault.  At the age of eight, perhaps; at 15, no.  The kid should have begun thinking for himself.  Evidently the state prosecutor agrees with me, because the kid's being charged as an adult.

I think there comes a point that, no matter how bad your situation is, you need to take responsibility for your own actions.  You can't blame what you do on other people.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

I fully agree with Mynd. 

But one thing:
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 18, 2005, 11:43 AM
PLUS he went to Taco-Bell after he did it, what sicko does that?

Who cares where he ate afterwards?  I see absolutely no relationship between that and this case.  He was probably hungry, and his house was burnt/burning down, so he had to eat somewhere.  I'm not even sure why the article brought that up in the first place. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on December 18, 2005, 01:13 PM
I fully agree with Mynd. 

But one thing:

Who cares where he ate afterwards?  I see absolutely no relationship between that and this case.  He was probably hungry, and his house was burnt/burning down, so he had to eat somewhere.  I'm not even sure why the article brought that up in the first place. 

Heh, yeah.  Didn't you see Dogma?  After Loki rained down fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, he had to go out for a drink.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

hismajesty

I fully agree with Mynd.

But one thing:

Who cares where he ate afterwards? I see absolutely no relationship between that and this case. He was probably hungry, and his house was burnt/burning down, so he had to eat somewhere. I'm not even sure why the article brought that up in the first place.

Most people (read, non pyschopaths) are really shaken up after they kill somebody (hence the reason police for example need therapy after shooting a person.) This kid went and did a normal thing (meaning he was probably very calm about what just happened) which hints toward him being, most likely, mentally unstable.

Explicit

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 18, 2005, 01:37 PM
I fully agree with Mynd.

But one thing:

Who cares where he ate afterwards? I see absolutely no relationship between that and this case. He was probably hungry, and his house was burnt/burning down, so he had to eat somewhere. I'm not even sure why the article brought that up in the first place.

Most people (read, non pyschopaths) are really shaken up after they kill somebody (hence the reason police for example need therapy after shooting a person.) This kid went and did a normal thing (meaning he was probably very calm about what just happened) which hints toward him being, most likely, mentally unstable.

Maybe the boy's hate for his dad was so strong that he just didn't care.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on December 18, 2005, 11:35 AM
Yeah, probably the father had threatened the kid with physical punishment if he did not do better in school. The kid should go free then, since he killed the father in the home, and there was a threat of physical violence. Probably had received physical violence before too. Clearly self-defence, or "Make my day".
I agree to an extent.  Broken families are usually just that, broken.

However, the "make my day" refference is lame (in this instance).  Had the dad pulled out a board, go for it, I'm against child abuse.  However, if the kid just got spanked, stupid kid.

I'm willing to bet both sides are @ fault, obviously more so the kid though
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

San Francisco has a ban on guns, correct?  If so, they could use this to justify their reasonings for it even further, and perhaps try to extend it beyond just SF.

WoOdTroll

You know not everyone knows right from wrong, and some teens just hate themselves or their lives so damn much they do something stupid. For example where I used to live, a popular 18 year old people liked, hung himself for no reason , and just recently so did another except he was younger.

In this case the boy probably got really scared, and figured him or me. Or he was just so sick of being treated bad, or abused that he didn't care about it, and shot him.

Some people are implosive, and some people are explosive, the implosive one is the guy who goes to his school, and tries to shoot everybody, the other guy is just a typical angry person.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on December 18, 2005, 06:13 PM
San Francisco has a ban on guns, correct?  If so, they could use this to justify their reasonings for it even further, and perhaps try to extend it beyond just SF.
uhm, thats against the law
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 18, 2005, 06:35 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on December 18, 2005, 06:13 PM
San Francisco has a ban on guns, correct? If so, they could use this to justify their reasonings for it even further, and perhaps try to extend it beyond just SF.
uhm, thats against the law

Ah, here it is, the article.  Opposers argued that it was against the law because it violated the second amendment.  I initially thought the ban had passed, but was wrong.  Thanks for responding though, CrAz3D.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 18, 2005, 01:37 PM
I fully agree with Mynd.

But one thing:

Or, maybe he was hungry.  I'm sure they eat after killing somebody.  As shoken up as he might be, he still has to eat!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Thats something you could argue w/trust.  People w/guns kill people.  Black people kill people.  Ban them both & you're good...but that isnt right
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 18, 2005, 06:54 PM
Thats something you could argue w/trust. People w/guns kill people. Black people kill people. Ban them both & you're good...but that isnt right

It's normally the oppressed that kill.  Them, and mentally unstable people.

CrAz3D

I think they opress themselves though.

Poor people get lazier w/welfare & such & then get less money & then fall into poverty & then crime.
We should mow down slums
(ré-bun-dance)

|