• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Man denied law license in AZ

Started by CrAz3D, December 07, 2005, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 08, 2005, 12:42 PM
Felons aren't regular citizens though.  It is common knowledge that felons do not have the same rights as law biding citizens as I recall learning

Are you advocating telling everyone found guilty of a crime that post-punishment they are not regular citizens and will be forever treated like criminals?

If you say yes, you are in favor of promoting crime as a lifestyle, because you have given lifetime sentences to those people and crime will be their only way to survive.

If you say no, then you are in favor of rehabilitation, saying that "ok you screwed up -- but complete this sentence or rehabilitation program and we will consider your forgiven, and restore you to regular society."

Finally, you must always consider that you or others around you can indeed be found guilty of something you are innocent.  Are you prepared to be bound by the lifetime sentence you have proposed for a crime you did not commit but were found guilty of?

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 08, 2005, 01:20 PM
Emotion & reason both say a murderer shouldn't be treated the same as a full functioning man of society
By reading this thread, it seems to me that reason says otherwise.  Unless you agree that people can't change, in which case they should all be put to death. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Promoting, no, acknowledging, yes.
Promoting would like saying "Look, that guy went to jail, you should kill people & go to jail too, thats fun."  Acknowledging the crime life would be "Hey look at that loser, he took the lives of the guys, now he has to live with the fact that he is a cold blooded murderer, forever."

& it's also not everyone, I believe only felons are treated in a "less than citizen" manner.

This guy was found guilty, he said he did it.  Also, the bar dismissed him on a per-case basis kind of thing, they may view misdemeanor offenses/possibly innocent people differently.

Quote from: iago on December 08, 2005, 04:01 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on December 08, 2005, 01:20 PM
Emotion & reason both say a murderer shouldn't be treated the same as a full functioning man of society
By reading this thread, it seems to me that reason says otherwise. Unless you agree that people can't change, in which case they should all be put to death.
They all who?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Arta

You will get slightly shorter when accellerating. That is not ridiculous, it is physics. I don't know what the gorilla thing is.

The discussion is not about murderers, it is about criminals who have served their sentences. Reason says that, upon completing one's sentence, one should no longer be treated differently. If it did not, what would be the point in a sentence?

I don't know what emotion says to you, but I do know that it's irrelevant. Translate your emotion into a logical argument, and I'll be more interested.

Incidentally, it sounds like you are describing reductio ad absurdum, rather than appeal to ridicule.

CrAz3D

The discussion topic is about a convicted murderer applying to the Arizona State Bar.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

shout

Are murders getting off too easy? I personally think the death penalty should be used more. I think that if he murdered someone, he should be sentanced to death.

Now, manslaughter is a diffrent case, because I know my argument would get turned into something about accidents.

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 08, 2005, 08:43 PM
The discussion topic is about a convicted murderer applying to the Arizona State Bar.

This is about a convicted murderer who completed his punishment as imposed by the people, went on to law school and tried to become a productive citizen, and got told no by the Arizona State Bar.

CrAz3D

Maybe his punishment doesn't end?  Maybe the consequences of his actions go on forever, as they should.  He murdered people, those people don't have a second chance at anything.  They ended & ended abruptyl.
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

Haven't you considered that it might be beneficial to society to admit this man to the bar? That it could be better for everyone?

CrAz3D

Could be, but a board of highly qualified legal minds don't so I'm gonna agree with them.
(ré-bun-dance)

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 09, 2005, 10:00 AM
Could be, but a board of highly qualified legal minds don't so I'm gonna agree with them.

Wow, proxy by credentials?  I guess then that you agree with everything your government does agrees with you.  The ultimate "yes" man.

CrAz3D

On most things, yeah.  They are more qualified than I am.
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 09, 2005, 10:33 AM
On most things, yeah.  They are more qualified than I am.

I am older than you are. Start agreeing.

Explicit

Sorry to get into this late, but the man having served his time should be admitted to the bar.  17 years is a very long time, and having to carry the burden of taking away two people's lives is life-long.  That prison cell was his reminder of what he did, and I'm sure he regrets it.  Now that he's out, it's understandable how he wants to give back.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

From what I read it didnt sound like he acknowledged that he did anything wrong, he just meant to rob them. 
(ré-bun-dance)

|