• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Man denied law license in AZ

Started by CrAz3D, December 07, 2005, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

shout

Something as bad as murder should have implications throughout one's life.

iago

Doesn't that destroy the whole argument that the intention of serving prison time is for rehabilitation?  According to how your legal system is supposed to work, when somebody gets out of jail, they should be considered rehabilitated and return to being a contributing member of society.  Isn't that the point?

In fact, since this guy is persuing higher education, it seems to me that he has been rehabilitated, and cleaned up, and is trying to make something of his life.  Then, he's denied.  He would have been better off selling drugs and killing people.  Is that what they want criminals to think?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Yeah, this is completely messed up.

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

CrAz3D

Felons are treated differently.  They may be rehabilitated, but they aren't "as good as" normal citizens.

It's like a car that has been totalled.  @ 1 point it was a perfectly good car, then it was destroyed & utterly useless to the world, then someone fix it...however, you can't fix a car to an "as new" state without building a new car.

He may be better than when he went into prison, but come one, he killed 2 people over drugs.  Would you leave your kids alone with this guy?  I don't think anyone here (as far as I know) can honestly answer yes to that because they don't have kids.

EDIT:
HEH, realization:
Japan broke, we fixed them by making a new Japan, hmm, new=fixed, old=broken.
(all in reference to Pearl Harbor)
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Arta

Grok

Hmm, I didn't read in the article where he was applying for a nanny position.  He has graduated from law school and is applying for the state bar.  This would enable him to be someone's legal representative who has accused of wrongdoing.  How could he be in any other job which is more closely watched by the judicial system than for him to spend 60 hours a week in court cases?

Also they're a little pissed because he "never accepted full responsibility for his crimes" .. well what if he is innocent and found guilty?  That HAS happened and quite more often than you would think.  A person in that position is more likely to want to enter law and represent people so they don't get screwed over like he did.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: iago on December 07, 2005, 05:55 PM
Doesn't that destroy the whole argument that the intention of serving prison time is for rehabilitation? According to how your legal system is supposed to work, when somebody gets out of jail, they should be considered rehabilitated and return to being a contributing member of society. Isn't that the point?

In fact, since this guy is persuing higher education, it seems to me that he has been rehabilitated, and cleaned up, and is trying to make something of his life. Then, he's denied. He would have been better off selling drugs and killing people. Is that what they want criminals to think?

IMO, we stuck the dude in jail to say "BAD BOY, THATS NOT OK TO DO", in hopes that sometime in his sentence he understands that, and goes back to being.. rehabilitated. I was going to disagree but my argument doesn't work for that! =p
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

iago

Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2005, 09:50 PM
Quote from: iago on December 07, 2005, 05:55 PM
Doesn't that destroy the whole argument that the intention of serving prison time is for rehabilitation? According to how your legal system is supposed to work, when somebody gets out of jail, they should be considered rehabilitated and return to being a contributing member of society. Isn't that the point?

In fact, since this guy is persuing higher education, it seems to me that he has been rehabilitated, and cleaned up, and is trying to make something of his life. Then, he's denied. He would have been better off selling drugs and killing people. Is that what they want criminals to think?

IMO, we stuck the dude in jail to say "BAD BOY, THATS NOT OK TO DO", in hopes that sometime in his sentence he understands that, and goes back to being.. rehabilitated. I was going to disagree but my argument doesn't work for that! =p

We had that argument in another thread. I think we agreed that the point to sending somebody to jail was to punish/rehabilitate them, but it sucks at that, which means the current legal system (of both our countries) sucks
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on December 07, 2005, 09:43 PM
Hmm, I didn't read in the article where he was applying for a nanny position.  He has graduated from law school and is applying for the state bar.  This would enable him to be someone's legal representative who has accused of wrongdoing.  How could he be in any other job which is more closely watched by the judicial system than for him to spend 60 hours a week in court cases?

Also they're a little pissed because he "never accepted full responsibility for his crimes" .. well what if he is innocent and found guilty?  That HAS happened and quite more often than you would think.  A person in that position is more likely to want to enter law and represent people so they don't get screwed over like he did.
He did it, he said he did it, he said he didnt mean to do it though.

I recall reading something along the lines of him saying he just wanted to rob them, then it got complicated & he killed them.  His fault, his bad, his problem.
He is a murderer, a cold bolded evil man.
(ré-bun-dance)

Forged

He passed the bar, if I were him I would move out of arizona and get my licences else where.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

CrAz3D

Quote from: Forged on December 08, 2005, 02:16 AM
He passed the bar, if I were him I would move out of arizona and get my licences else where.
He mya have to move out of the country to do that (I hope)
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 08, 2005, 08:09 AM
Quote from: Forged on December 08, 2005, 02:16 AM
He mya have to move out of the country to do that (I hope)

Hopefully the 5 people that voted for him not getting to work will be sentenced to life in prison for abetting crime....

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

|