• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

College Inquiry

Started by Networks, October 09, 2005, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explicit

I think you'd have to ask that question on collegeboard.com, because the equivalencies are much different with the new essay section to the SATs and all.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

Quote from: Lenny on October 09, 2005, 10:45 PM
2240 SATs?

No one going for a reach college?
Surprised I haven't heard anyone say MIT, Berkely, Stanford, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, or those other top engineering schools...

Graduate school will be Ivy, I hope. My cousin went to Cornell but dropped out. I'd like to go there, Harvard, or maybe Yale for law school.

Joe[x86]

Well, if I get a scholarship to MIT (shutup lord) I'm definatly taking it..
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

hismajesty

I know a guy (well, met, a few times, we weren't friends or anything) who got into MIT.

He chose Brown, though.

Mephisto

Falcon[anti-yL]

I want to go to UT Austin.

jigsaw

WHy don't any of you useless bastards go into the Military? Airforce perhaps.

Stealth

I'm a freshman Computer Science major at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, NE. The campus is pretty, and the comp sci department is focusing quite a bit of effort, attention and dollars on gaining national recognition and prestige. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

CrAz3D

Quote from: jigsaw on October 10, 2005, 01:07 PM
WHy don't any of you useless bastards go into the Military? Airforce perhaps.
I've thought about possibly attending the air force academy & studying law with them, I hear you get experience WAY quick.  But, in general, I'm too lazy to look in to it so, I' just hoping I even look into UT
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Eibro

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 10, 2005, 06:35 AM
2240 SATs?

Surprised I haven't heard anyone say MIT, Berkely, Stanford, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, or those other top engineering schools...

Graduate school will be Ivy, I hope. My cousin went to Cornell but dropped out. I'd like to go there, Harvard, or maybe Yale for law school.
Didn't you just say you were a junior in highschool? And you're already considering graduate school? I think you will be very suprised how things will change in the next few years.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

CrAz3D

He wants to be a lawyer, that's the only schooling for lawyers, grad school.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: Eibro on October 10, 2005, 01:49 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 10, 2005, 06:35 AM
2240 SATs?

Didn't you just say you were a junior in highschool? And you're already considering graduate school? I think you will be very suprised how things will change in the next few years.

I've wanted to be an attorney since about 3rd grade.

In second grade, my dream college was Yale.

Zorm

Looking at the University of Oklahoma majoring in Meteorology. I've considered going military however at this time my plan is to goto OU and perhaps take AROTC or AFROTC. If I can get a scholarship through them then I will definitely take it and go into the military as an officer. However, I don't feel like spending 8 years to earn a college degree so going active duty right away is pretty much out. Of course if I sign up for the Army before Dec. 26th they'll give me an extra $5k on top of all the other bonuses possible so I might just take them up on it.
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

MyndFyre

I'm going to Arizona State University.  Majoring in: Political Science and Psychology.

Both the poli sci and psych departments are among the best in the country.  Poli Sci is a little weak on International Relations; they're good on American Gov't and Political Methodologies.  Psych is *very* strong in both cognitive and social psychology, and fairly strong in industrial.  We also have a new Biodesign Institute that went in, which would be interesting to anyone hoping to do pharmeceuticals work later on.

The engineering college is pretty good I hear, but the computer science department within it is pretty weak.

We have a very good business school.

The law school is average.

The school of journalism is sponsored by Walter Cronkite, and I don't have anything to judge it against, but from what I've heard, we're pretty good.

The music school is one of the best in the country.  A few years ago, the trumpet studio there was ranked 3rd overall against both public and private schools.  I also had a chance to take a breathing lesson from the tuba instructor, Sam Pilafian.  Before you joke, this guy was paid $100,000 for a one-night gig for the LA Philharmonic when their principal tuba player got sick.  He is one of the best there is, and their jazz program is pretty strong.

Can't beat the in-state tuition either, Networks. :P

For grad school, I'm thinking about going into the law program at American University's George Washington College of Law in DC.  They have a program to get a JD (Juris Doctor) along with an MA in International Affairs.  I thought that was pretty badass.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Explicit

Quote from: MyndFyre on October 11, 2005, 08:14 PM
Before you joke, this guy was paid $100,000 for a one-night gig for the LA Philharmonic when their principal tuba player got sick.

*faints* He must have really been worth it.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

|