• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Please Read..

Started by David, September 13, 2005, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Ok, here's the deal, I go to a school with a guy, a real nice guy, really quiet, but his family has financial issues. As of right now, this is the 4th month they have been without any kind of power, they live off of cold showers, without heat, and without electricity. In collaberation with my English teacher, we are trying to raise up enough money to get his family's bills caught up as best we can, winter is coming up, and we living in Virgina Beach are the #5 most prone spot to Hurricanes in the U.S., so please, all of you who can donate, please do, every little bit counts.

More information, and the donation link can be found http://www.futilenetworks.com/content.php?content.2

I want to thank everyone ahead of time, please spread the word, and thank you again.
Quote from: l]ante on March 15, 2004, 11:40 AM
You learned 8 languages in 8 months?
Geez, go code a life.

Newby

That's awful. I feel bad for him. :/
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

quasi-modo

I feel bad for this kid, but I would never donate money over the internet to something that is not backed by a reputable organization (even though these often times have high administrative costs that kill the efficiency). You are more likely to get your funds locally. Good luck, this is a good thing you are doing.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Topaz

Sell the house and move to a shelter.

David

QuoteI feel bad for this kid, but I would never donate money over the internet to something that is not backed by a reputable organization (even though these often times have high administrative costs that kill the efficiency). You are more likely to get your funds locally. Good luck, this is a good thing you are doing.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, and it's understandable, and my teacher, who is also a Narcotics Investigator ;x is trying to find some ways to help him. Thanks again to all of you who actually read the post.
Quote from: l]ante on March 15, 2004, 11:40 AM
You learned 8 languages in 8 months?
Geez, go code a life.

Invert

I know some people are going to see this as someone trying to scam money, buts it's really not.

Oh boy, that is so reassuring. Here is all my money!
The only way I see you getting any money (if it's real) is from people that know him. If you donate money to this over the internet you can just change your real name to Dumb Ass.

hismajesty

The hurricanes probably aren't gonna hit us too hard David, people were talking about school being closed here tommorow and Friday, yeah right.

Shouldn't your school help him with like food or whatever? Granby does food drives for Thanksgiving and stuff for kids IN the school that are in need. I donated some last year because we got extra credit if we did. :)

iago

It sucks to be him; however, there are poor people here, too.  In fact, there are poor people everywhere. 

I don't understand financial stuff, but couldn't his family declare bankrupcy, start over, and move on with their life?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Soul Taker

That would help with any bills they have, but it wouldn't help them get the money to pay for electricity and such.

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on September 14, 2005, 02:20 PM
It sucks to be him; however, there are poor people here, too. In fact, there are poor people everywhere.

I don't understand financial stuff, but couldn't his family declare bankrupcy, start over, and move on with their life?

Bankruptcy is for rich people. :P

Newby

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on September 14, 2005, 03:30 PM
It sucks to be him; however, there are poor people here, too. In fact, there are poor people everywhere.

It is now. Now, you have to pay when you declare it! =p
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

Quote from: Newby on September 14, 2005, 04:37 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on September 14, 2005, 03:30 PM

It is now. Now, you have to pay when you declare it! =p

I told my mom she should buy me a Mercedes and then file bankruptcy so that I didn't have to pay for it. Too bad they've secured it a bit more since too many people were redoing their house, buying nice cars/homes/whatever and then filing.

Actually I need a Cadillac. :)

quasi-modo

Why not just eat up my tax money through welfare?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

You're too young for a Caddy, they're nice but an older guy's car.  You need something more sporty, maybe a new Z06.

Anyways, David, sorry to hear about your schoolmate & such.

Slight lol @ qusai-modo, heh
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

quasi-modo

No way man, caddy's are nice. Pretty soon I am going to be driving a buick park avenue myself though, an upgrade over the lesabre I drive now. This thing has leather power seats w/ memory and the built in warming and back massage features. It also has passenger side climent control. Plus the back seat is HUUUGGGEEE, and you know what that means! (you can comfortably fit 6 peole in the thing).
WAR EAGLE!