• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Please Read..

Started by David, September 13, 2005, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

I need a Caddy because I'm a P.I.M.P, all of us gangsters have one.

(I was joking.)

My friend got a Mercedes ML320 though, and I have nothing. She needs to send me some moolah.

iago

Quote from: Soul Taker on September 14, 2005, 03:19 PM
That would help with any bills they have, but it wouldn't help them get the money to pay for electricity and such.

This may sound like a dumb question, but what about getting a job? :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

You sound like a Republican.

Topaz

If their budget is so strained that they can't afford to pay their bills, they might as well sell their house and move into a low income area.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on September 14, 2005, 05:18 PM

I don't side with any political party.  I say what makes sense :P

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on September 14, 2005, 06:30 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on September 14, 2005, 05:18 PM

I don't side with any political party.  I say what makes sense :P

Same difference.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

quasi-modo

so in a nutt shell he is a republican.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

David

Invert, him, his mother, and father all have jobs, social services apparently denied any help to his family, and yes I realize this goes on more than just around where I am, that's why you have people donating to things like the Red Cross, but see, nobody focuses on the individual, they are not "poor" persay, they just had some rough times and owe the electric company somewhere in the vacinity of $1200.00, which whether you help or not doesn't really affect me any. I'm glad to see the gathering of the minds couldn't come up with something better than:

QuoteThis may sound like a dumb question, but what about getting a job? 

On a last note, Invert you need to get out more and realize that there is more going on then you may know, I myself, donate $10 out of every paycheck, I get paid every week, which doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up, if you have 100 employees donating $10 per week, that's $1000 per week, $4000 per month, and to assume they don't have jobs is assanine, I'm glad to see how logically you all think.
Quote from: l]ante on March 15, 2004, 11:40 AM
You learned 8 languages in 8 months?
Geez, go code a life.

MyndFyre

Quote from: David on September 14, 2005, 09:41 PM
Invert, him, his mother, and father all have jobs, social services apparently denied any help to his family, and yes I realize this goes on more than just around where I am, that's why you have people donating to things like the Red Cross, but see, nobody focuses on the individual, they are not "poor" persay, they just had some rough times and owe the electric company somewhere in the vacinity of $1200.00, which whether you help or not doesn't really affect me any. I'm glad to see the gathering of the minds couldn't come up with something better than:

QuoteThis may sound like a dumb question, but what about getting a job? 

On a last note, Invert you need to get out more and realize that there is more going on then you may know, I myself, donate $10 out of every paycheck, I get paid every week, which doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up, if you have 100 employees donating $10 per week, that's $1000 per week, $4000 per month, and to assume they don't have jobs is assanine, I'm glad to see how logically you all think.

Uh, no, actually I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask, and I don't believe you adequately addressed it.  What kind of rough times did they have if they have jobs but can't pay their electric bill?  Stop spending your damn money on stupid stuff and take care of your responsibilities.  Furthermore, why did they let their electric bill get so out of control that it's US$1200?  Additionally, there are many kinds of debt-consolidation services available that will help them with their bills; electric companies are interested in getting their money, not shutting off someone's electricity. 

If whether or not he helps doesn't affect you, why are you posting the problem in the first place, and why are you bothering to respond in such a hateful way?

Finally, if you are donating US$10 a week, find 9 other people to do it too.  You'll have the US$1200 electric bill paid off in 3 months.  I'm sure you have 9 friends, or the guy that you're trying to raise money for does.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

JTN Designer

The biggest issue in this topic, is the following:

1) If this is a real case and not a scam, there are several options ANY family of ANY financial class can take to better thier situation.
2) The only people who have grounds to ask for donations under any circumstance, is the the Red Cross.

It's great you want to apply some effort and ask for online donations, but the again what about every other poor person on the internet? Should we all donate to them too? I think not. I'll stick to my realistic points of view and working class ethics and not donate to your cause. Although if indeed it is NOT A SCAM, and this is an actual true story, I send me deepest wishes and the best of luck, but you won;t be seeing any of money especially if it's going to YOUR paypal account (if indeed your using that payment processor, which 99.9% chance you are.)

That is all.
(advertising deleted by forum administrator)

hismajesty

$1200 isn't very much to be in debt, you made his situation sound much worse.

Soul Taker

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on September 14, 2005, 04:44 PM
I told my mom she should buy me a Mercedes and then file bankruptcy so that I didn't have to pay for it. Too bad they've secured it a bit more since too many people were redoing their house, buying nice cars/homes/whatever and then filing.

Actually I need a Cadillac. :)
Being an IRS employee, I can't understand why so many people think like this.  If you declare bankruptcy, your current bills are put aside and you don't have to pay them... But it's temporary.  As soon as you come out of bankruptcy, you have to pay all the bills you had.  The companies aren't just going to eat a massive loss of money.

Adron

Do people actually get to keep their cars and homes if they file bankruptcy? Over here, you would have to sell your car to pay your bills.

shout

Quote from: Adron on September 15, 2005, 08:47 AM
Do people actually get to keep their cars and homes if they file bankruptcy? Over here, you would have to sell your car to pay your bills.

Over there the average IQ is higher than 20 :/

iago

Incidentally, for anybody who goes for this, I have a deal for you that might help you get rich:

Quote>From The Desk Of:Barr.Frank Omego.
(Omegochambers )
Tel/fax:+234-290629
E-MAIL:[email protected]
;[email protected]
Attn:Sir/Ma
I am Barrister Frank Omego. I am the Personal Attorney to Mr.Morris
Thompson an American who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash
of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed on January 31 2000,
including his wife and only daughter. You
shall read more about the crash on visiting this website.
http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/ and
http://www.nativefederation.org/history/people/mThompson.html
Since then I have made several enquiries to his Embassy to locate any
of my clients extended relatives, this has also! proved
unsuccessful.After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to
trace his relatives over the Internet, to locate any member of his
family but of no avail, hence I contacted you for your assistance .
I contacted you to assist in repartrating the money and property left
behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared
unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged with the
UBA BANK PLC.This is the Bank where the deceased had
an account valued at about $7.5million U.S dollars( seven million five
hundred thousand
U.S.America Dollars).

Conseqently,The bank issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or
have the account confiscated within the next fourteen official working
days. since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over
3 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of
the deceased since you are not his relative so that the proceeds of
this account ! valued at $7million U.S dollars( seven million
U.S.America D ollars). can be paid to you and
then you and me can share the money. 60% to me and 30% to you,while 10%
should be for expenses or tax as your government may require.We intend
to effect the transfer within a few days from the date of receipt of
the following information:
1)Your full names,
2) companys name,
3) your mailing address
4) telephone and fax numbers,
I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any
claim we may make. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable
us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under
a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the
law.
Please get in touch with me by my email address below or phone to
enable us discuss further and send me your fax and telephone number.
PRIVATE E-MAIL:[email protected] or [email protected]
Best regards,
Barr.Frank Omego

Normally I'd do this myself, and get rich, but anybody who wants to can take part!

But seriously, back to the original topic -- what, exactly, does his family do that they don't have money?  My mom's a bartender for less than $9/hour, and we still managed to make ends meet with her and 2 young kids (when I was young).  Is there some reason he can't work?

|