• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Price of gasoline

Started by UserLoser., August 18, 2005, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

shout

The lowest I saw today was 3.09.

Explicit

For the area I live in, it's about $2.87 per gallon. If it hits $3.00 and up, I'm going to start catching the bus everywhere. As convenient as driving is, it's a money-eater.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

I used to fill up my truck $45 a week @ like $2.20 a gallon.
I figure it'd cost me around $61 to fill up now @ $2.90 a gallon.

Yay for driving my Honda & getting 22-24 miles per gallon!

I drove 60 miles today...that is normal driving for me. 
Home -> school -> eat -> work* -> band -> home -> univ. to hang -> home

*I drive around town for work
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on September 07, 2005, 12:41 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do for work? Just out of curiousity,  ;D

Stealth

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on September 07, 2005, 10:51 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on September 07, 2005, 12:41 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do for work? Just out of curiousity,  ;D

Gas dropped $0.04 today. I was very happy.

Fortunately I barely drive at all here in Lincoln, and I filled up when it was $2.99, so I have yet to put more gas in.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend is at DU in Denver, a very-reasonable 5-hour drive from here. I can probably make it on just over a tank of gas each way, which turned from $36 before Katrina to about $46 afterwards. Oh well.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

CrAz3D

I work for a lawyer & am a runner.  Basically I file things @ the office & drive stuff around town (to courts & other miscellaneous offices)
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on September 08, 2005, 12:29 AM
I work for a lawyer & am a runner. Basically I file things @ the office & drive stuff around town (to courts & other miscellaneous offices)

Does the attorneys office pay for the gas? My mom is friends with a lot of lawyers from when she worked with them, so she called some of them to see about an internship for me this summer. The only thing they had was for a runner, but I can't drive - so I thought about doing it next summer. If the gas prices stay like they are (or increase) and since I don't think it's a paying deal, I probably won't do it unless they pay for the gas! :P

Invert

CrAz3D

I get $20 a month for gas...so $20 = 6.9 gallons @ $2.90 = 158.7 miles @ 23 mpg

I think I drive more than that each month for the office.  I SO know I used to be worse off when driving my truck, even @ $2 I was worse off.
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

Blah...I think I'm going to give it up now. Gas prices went up $.07, so it stands now at $2.94. >:(

hismajesty

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on September 08, 2005, 08:54 PM
Blah...I think I'm going to give it up now. Gas prices went up $.07, so it stands now at $2.94. >:(

Wow, that's cheap. Around here thats "wait half an hour in line so you can fill up the car" cheap. Well, we haven't done that (at least not while having to wait in line) but it was on the news when gas was at $2.89 in a nearby city.

Hitmen

Gas prices around here are like $3.15-3.30. I don't have a car but I filled up my girlfriends tank. Arrgh, my wallet. I'm such a nice guy.

hismajesty

Hitmen

I put $60 into it for her because it was how much I had on me at the time. I think it's a 20 gallon tank and she was on empty so I filled it almost to the top. ($60 @ $3.15 was about 19 gallons I think) The good part is she drives an old jeep cherokee lerado, so she gets an amazing 18mpg.

CrAz3D

If driving my truck daily I would be spending an average of $80 a week on gas...I don't so I spend an average of probably $50-$60 a week ($35 for the Honda DURING the week & whatever else for the truck on the weekEND)
(ré-bun-dance)

|