• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Price of gasoline

Started by UserLoser., August 18, 2005, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 23, 2005, 04:20 PM
@Shout: As of yesterday, some station in Wyoming had the lowest gas @ $2.14. Long Beach, CA had the highest at $3.49 or something like that.

The airlines are hurting now too, and they aren't making much profit since it costs so much to buy gas. I think right now you can get two shares of Delta for the price of a gallon of gas.

I wouldn't be surprised if your highest gas price is lower than our lowest gas price.  I know that ours is still over $4 :-o
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

You get government-funded stuff like health care that offsets the costs too, as do a lot of other countries. More handouts, etc. It may not be directly related, but I still think in the long run we spend more.

Though, I'd never want health care that wasn't privatized.

CrAz3D

Got gas this evening...$50, then I had to use my debit card again cause of the stupid $50 cut off limit :(.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

PaiD

Hm.. I work at Mobil and the limit (at least for us) is 75$ at the pump via CC or DC.
that is also y if you put it in and you get a sale denied and your like WTF??!I have $$ in there >.< and my Manager is Sexy. He lets me get free gas because I work @ the place :p

CrAz3D

I so wished I worked there!
Wonder how much gas will go up after Katrina...I've had 4 different people telling me to fill up my tanks while its cheap (my dad, my g/f's mom, & 2 friends of mine)...it has got old but they care so its ok ;)
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

It's probably going to go down. Next month all the gas company heads have their annual (maybe it's more frequent than annual, don't know) meeting where they discuss prices and stuff. Word on the street (Wall) is that they're going to discuss ways to lower the cost as it's actually higher than it should be.

CrAz3D

It looks like oil production will begin again, probably definately by the end of this week.  The gulf oil production accounts for 1.7% of the world demand...I doubt this will send gas prices exploding as most people thought (I've been told 4 times by different people to fill up with gas before the prices explode)
(ré-bun-dance)

shout

2.65->2.89 in 1 day. 3.02 by tomorrow.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Stealth

2.79->2.99 today in Lincoln, NE.. I'd better fill up today :(
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Tazo

shout

3.20 now.

Edit: 3.29

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on August 31, 2005, 01:17 PM
Quote from: Blaze on August 31, 2005, 12:52 PM
99.9 to 96.8
What is that in dollars per gallon?

cents per liter

Most expensive I saw today was $3.09. It rose $0.80 in Boston within 24 hours.

I personally feel by mid-October prices will stabalize.

--

Edit: Has anybody heard about the people stealing gasoline? It's been going on forever, but it seems to be really picking up recently. My grandpa got a call from one of his friends in his community. Apparently people came in at night and stole Diesel from my grandfathers motor home and his friends. The oil got all over their drive ways and stuff. I think his friend called the police about it, but they can't do anything - they get over 300 complaints a day. Since my grandpa is in the Outer Banks on vacation he doesn't know how much was stolen, but they had 100 gallons in there. His friend put a lock on there for him. It's pretty sad that people are doing that, but it's not new. When my mom was growing up their neighbors would steal her/my grandparents gas.

|