• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Price of gasoline

Started by UserLoser., August 18, 2005, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon[anti-yL]

$3.38 here, there are long lines at the gas stations, people are expecting it to rise alot more.

CrAz3D

Seriously, these freaking gas companies need to stop raising their prices.  There wasn't that much damage to justify these prices.  They're just preying on the demand people have now. :(
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on September 01, 2005, 04:22 PM
Seriously, these freaking gas companies need to stop raising their prices. There wasn't that much damage to justify these prices. They're just preying on the demand people have now. :(

Don't blame the gas companies, they aren't the ones out there mining.

CrAz3D

But they are the ones falsly inflating the price of gas.  There has not been enough damage to justify these prices...Shell & companies like that are taking advantage of people because they know people will buy gas
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

30% of our oil comes from the Gulf of Mexico. I totally think that losing that 30% is "enough damage."

Adron

Actually, people are the ones inflating gas prices. Capitalism market economy says that gas prices will and should go up when there are lines of people waiting for gas. If people stop buying so much gas, prices will go down. Increasing prices until there is a new balance point between supply and demand is the way it is supposed to work.

Topaz

Gas companies have to inflate prices, or else they won't make profit. They're losing a lot of money otherwise, and it wouldn't be worth staying in business while making meager earnings.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on September 01, 2005, 05:25 PM
Actually, people are the ones inflating gas prices. Capitalism market economy says that gas prices will and should go up when there are lines of people waiting for gas. If people stop buying so much gas, prices will go down. Increasing prices until there is a new balance point between supply and demand is the way it is supposed to work.
yeah, totally...but do the gas companies have to take such advantage of people?
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Yes, they have a bottom line. They pay (what is it it like $75 or $80) for a barrel of crude oil, then it costs money for the refinery to refine the oil, then the gas companies have to buy it, then they have to sell it. Until the initial suppliers (gogo Arabs!) stop raising the price, the gas companies won't be able to lower it.

I agree with Adron.

Option

gas here is $2.99 at the lowest. rose 50¢ overnight the other day. :\

Invert

shout

I'm still trying to squeeze every last drop I can out of the gas I got at $2.62. Quarter of a tank left!

hismajesty

On the way home today I saw it had gone down to about $3.19 everywhere, we were able to get it at $2.99 on the way down to OBX though. :)

|