Terrorism in the London

Started by Lenny, July 07, 2005, 04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: Hazard on July 11, 2005, 01:36 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 11, 2005, 12:24 PM
Quote from: rabbit on July 11, 2005, 12:18 PM
No, but I'll try to find one. I remember it from the Daily Show though. I'll see what I can find.

What a great source of serious information.

They don't usually report things that are completely untrue, I love the Daily Show.
Exactly.  They don't make news up, they only make up little comical addons.  I think this was from the Indecision 2004 season, or possibly from the Saddam Was Caught episodes.

Hazard

Don't cite their facts as true because they twist them and contort them to make them funny, they aren't a legitimate debating source.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

pianka

I looked into it and couldn't find anything about the support of Iran during that war, although we did sell weapons to Iran previous to the war and Iraq during it. In a multitude of ways, the United States benefited from the prolongation of the war. This might argueably lead to the conclusion that we wanted the war to continue, even though our official stance was that as long as the war didn't affect our allies or sway the balance of power: we were neutral.

iago

Quote from: Hazard on July 11, 2005, 02:13 PM
So, by what you've said, Sweden should be held to a lower standard than the United States?

I think you're incorrectly using the words "lower standard".  According to his side of the argument, it's an equal standard. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 10, 2005, 10:34 PM
Quote from: dxoigmn on July 10, 2005, 09:16 PM
Quote from: iago on July 10, 2005, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I wasn't thinking. I was busy working full time while you were living in your beach house ;-)

I think it also has to be pointed out that this is the same kid who ran up his dad's credit card and then asked us to click on links so he could pay it off.

It was my credit card. And iago, way to go, ignoring the entire point of my post just to spit out a witty insult. Great way to debate.

Ooh, sarcasm, a much more acceptable debate topic than witty insults :P

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on July 11, 2005, 02:13 PM
So, by what you've said, Sweden should be held to a lower standard than the United States?

By what I've said, if you split the US into blocks of the same population as Sweden, one of those blocks should be directly comparable to Sweden donation-wise. I think that means that the whole of the US donations divided by 30 should be comparable to Swedish donations.

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on July 11, 2005, 04:20 PM
Sorry, I wasn't thinking. I was busy working full time while you were living in your beach house ;-)

I think it also has to be pointed out that this is the same kid who ran up his dad's credit card and then asked us to click on links so he could pay it off.

It was my credit card. And iago, way to go, ignoring the entire point of my post just to spit out a witty insult. Great way to debate.

I wasn't debating, you didn't give me anything to debate about. Am I suppose to argue that you weren't at work and I wasn't at the beach?

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 11, 2005, 08:03 PM
Quote from: iago on July 11, 2005, 04:20 PM

I wasn't debating, you didn't give me anything to debate about. Am I suppose to argue that you weren't at work and I wasn't at the beach?

Note the irony that I also used sarcasm :-P

hismajesty

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 11, 2005, 09:57 PM
Shut up.

Good.. umm, what's ti called when somebody answers a debate topic? Re-something? I forget :(

hismajesty

iago

Bah, I re-read my post and instantly remembered "rebuttle" :P

R.a.B.B.i.T

Arta

I finally got round to blogging about this, if anyone is interested in reading my point of view on the whole thing:

http://musingsofharry.blogspot.com/2005/07/lets-not-lose-our-heads.html

iago

Quote from: Arta[vL] on July 13, 2005, 11:02 AM
I finally got round to blogging about this, if anyone is interested in reading my point of view on the whole thing:

http://musingsofharry.blogspot.com/2005/07/lets-not-loose-our-heads.html

lets-not-lose-our-heads* :-P

|