• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I would like to join the Valhalla Legends!

Started by Joe[x86], June 23, 2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 24, 2005, 02:21 PM
Joe, in my opinion, it's not really worth it. I mean, I'm not sure why you want to join except to say "I'm in vL." I don't mean that in a bad way, most people are that way. Back when I wanted to join that was one of my reasons; it's like joining a Varsity team sort of. But then, after waiting two years for the right time to attempt to join, I finally realized that there is no point. By that time I had become friends or at least acquaintances with several members, I was a regular on the forum, I was friendlisted in the channel, I wouldl play games with members, I was a regular in the channel, and I would frequently talk to the members either in the channel or via IM. Now, think about if I had joined the clan, I'd be doing all the same stuff in addition to four things, 1) name recognition, 2) banning people in the channel (:D), and 3) reading the private forums and 4) having everyone suck up to you. In my opinion none of those are good reasons to join a clan, you can have the benefits of a clan/guild/brotherhood to a lesser extent by just participating in the public aspects of the clan (channel, forums). The whole point of vL was so that like-minded people could associate and be free from the plague of normal bnetopians. You can still acheive this without bearing a certain name.

Once I realized this, I didn't care whether I had joined or not. Since I had had a few members say that I should attempt to join, I sent a PM to Grok several months ago. I wasn't accepted, but it didn't bother me because I realized these things and that joining now is more like a publicity stunt,  or an arrogant act showing that you're better than the countless people that didn't get in. I think the original goals of the clan have been acheived and now with the forums everybody is free to share them.

It's only logical to think that this is all there is to it because you are not in and you just do not know.

Warrior

As much as I may disagree (not like it matters) it is his decision and it should be respected. So he's trying to join vL, so what? Good luck I guess.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

hismajesty

Quote from: Invert on June 24, 2005, 04:41 PM
Joe, in my opinion, it's not really worth it. I mean, I'm not sure why you want to join except to say "I'm in vL." I don't mean that in a bad way, most people are that way. Back when I wanted to join that was one of my reasons; it's like joining a Varsity team sort of. But then, after waiting two years for the right time to attempt to join, I finally realized that there is no point. By that time I had become friends or at least acquaintances with several members, I was a regular on the forum, I was friendlisted in the channel, I wouldl play games with members, I was a regular in the channel, and I would frequently talk to the members either in the channel or via IM. Now, think about if I had joined the clan, I'd be doing all the same stuff in addition to four things, 1) name recognition, 2) banning people in the channel (:D), and 3) reading the private forums and 4) having everyone suck up to you. In my opinion none of those are good reasons to join a clan, you can have the benefits of a clan/guild/brotherhood to a lesser extent by just participating in the public aspects of the clan (channel, forums). The whole point of vL was so that like-minded people could associate and be free from the plague of normal bnetopians. You can still acheive this without bearing a certain name.

Once I realized this, I didn't care whether I had joined or not. Since I had had a few members say that I should attempt to join, I sent a PM to Grok several months ago. I wasn't accepted, but it didn't bother me because I realized these things and that joining now is more like a publicity stunt,  or an arrogant act showing that you're better than the countless people that didn't get in. I think the original goals of the clan have been acheived and now with the forums everybody is free to share them.

It's only logical to think that this is all there is to it because you are not in and you just do not know.

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention the silent protests put on by various members and the not-so-uncommon disputes that used to take place (and possibly still do?)

Joe[x86]

QuoteGood luck I guess.
Thanks War!

Quotethe not-so-uncommon disputes that used to take place
All I've heard of this was "The End of vL" put on by the vL actors.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Invert

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 24, 2005, 05:51 PM

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention the silent protests put on by various members and the not-so-uncommon disputes that used to take place (and possibly still do?)

You also forgot to mention that we can delete every post a smart ass makes. You should get over it and not be so bitter about you lacking the brain power to make it. Not everyone can be as gifted.

warz

Quote from: Invert on June 25, 2005, 12:01 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 24, 2005, 05:51 PM

You also forgot to mention that we can delete every post a smart ass makes. You should get over it and not be so bitter about you lacking the brain power to make it. Not everyone can be as gifted.

haha says invert.

QwertyMonster

Everyone is having a go at Joe just because he is attempting to join. Lets just leave him alone, and wish him luck. And await for a [vL] Leader to reply. :)

Joe[x86]

It doesn't bother me. If someone (other than a vL member) has a problem with me joining, they need to blow it out their ass.

QwertyMonster

Joe, you have a 50% of joining, and 50% not. Only thing people can say is, "Good luck!".

Joe[x86]

My chances of joining are a lot lower than that, but again, thank you.

Networks

Quote from: Yoni on June 24, 2005, 10:49 AM
Looks like the following facts are true:
1) All vL members who have posted in this thread either said "no" or haven't stated their opinion.
2) Plenty of judging on behalf of vL members is being done by non-members. Way to go, guys!

This has happened before. I have seen it happen. It usually loosely follows a template:

A: I want to join vL.
B: dude you have no chance
C: yeah, what B said
D: hey, <something offtopic>
E: <laughing about offtopic and continuing offtopic>
F: <flaming d and e>
A: Let's get back on topic, shall we?
E: dude you have no chance
vL: *quietly amused*

vL *is not* a letter in the alphabet!

Yegg

Joe. If you get the chance to talk to Grok, be prepared. He will most likely ask something like, "Why should I let you join vL?" or "What good are you to vL, how will you be able to help the clan?". He will expect an answer that shows you are mature enough or worthy enough for the clan. Sometime last year I asked Grok if I could join vL and he asked those same questions. Of course then I wasn't good enough. But I'm not sure how "good enough" you really have to be. Anyways, good luck.

Blaze

Quote from: Networks on June 25, 2005, 04:28 PM
vL *is not* a letter in the alphabet!
Well, when you run out of characters, you add a character to the end.  A-Z,  AA-AZ,  BA-BZ,  CA-CZ, ect.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Joe[x86]

I think I'll assume the role of both F and A. Get back on topic you morons! =)

QwertyMonster

I notice no vL leaders have posted yet, maybe they think 'no', or are thinking. Who knows? Patience is a virture. :)

|