• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Italy or France

Started by hismajesty, April 15, 2005, 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on April 15, 2005, 07:15 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on April 15, 2005, 05:43 PM
You are a tourist, know one expects you to be able to communicate well with the locals.

That's just so wrong. If you can't speak any of the language, don't expect to have an easy time getting around or finding things out. Neither France nor Italy are countries where the majority of people speak English fluently. It's exceptionally irritating when tourists expect locals to speak their language.
You get a translator. My friends when to russia and they got a translator / guide dude and it was pretty affordable.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: iago on April 15, 2005, 09:16 PM
I've heard that France is pretty filthy and not a great place to be. 
Southern france looked pretty nice and scenic... it is my favoritle place to be in mohaas too. But the pictures I have seen of italy, citys like abruzzi (sp) and sorrento... they just blow france away.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

I've been around, and Italy is by far the better of the two.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

CrAz3D

God, around here people that LIVE here don't even speak English, wtf is that about?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

QwertyMonster

I've been to France. I went to Trier. Theres a fantastic theme park there with a massive tower which goes up really fast, and then down. France was brilliant to me, but then again i am only 12 :P

Arta

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 15, 2005, 11:13 PM
You get a translator. My friends when to russia and they got a translator / guide dude and it was pretty affordable.

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea :)

Seems to be a lot of strange anti-French sentiment floating around? Not really very logical to call an entire country 'filthy'.

Hazard

No, not logical, Mr. Vulcan.

Anyway, France was just dirty. The only cool thing I saw in France was in Normandy. Paris was just filthy and its nothing I hadn't seen before in textbooks. It was lackluster and not impressive.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Mitosis

If you go to Italy stay in the northern part, the whole southern part of Italy is mob run. So if you do something wrong, be ready for a hassle. :)

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on April 16, 2005, 06:54 AM
Seems to be a lot of strange anti-French sentiment floating around? Not really very logical to call an entire country 'filthy'.

But it's the truth. My 8th grade French teacher, who definitely wasn't anti-French as her husband was born in France, talked about how filthy it is there. (Mainly because they allow dogs everywhere.)

Mephisto

I went to France, and Frenchmen are terribly rude.

CrAz3D

Go to Germany & get some beer!!!
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 15, 2005, 11:13 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on April 15, 2005, 07:15 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on April 15, 2005, 05:43 PM
You are a tourist, know one expects you to be able to communicate well with the locals.

That's just so wrong. If you can't speak any of the language, don't expect to have an easy time getting around or finding things out. Neither France nor Italy are countries where the majority of people speak English fluently. It's exceptionally irritating when tourists expect locals to speak their language.
I SPEAK ITALIAN!  TAKE ME!