• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Pope is gone

Started by CrAz3D, April 02, 2005, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

Oh no, here goes some 15 page long thread about God and all that religious stuff :-X

Mangix

Religion sucks. There is a lot of stuff in the bible that does not contradict. I heard this is my clan channel and it was really interesting :P.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on April 02, 2005, 09:11 PM
Too bad. The loss of a good man.

I was thinking about that... Maybe the pope and the devil were fighting side by side to keep him alive. It would make some sense. The pope is God's servant, and he was getting weak. The devil would obviously do everything to keep God's servants weak, instead of letting a new, stronger, pope be elected. Just think about the vaccuum that could've resulted if the devil had succeeded in putting the pope into a vegetative state instead of dying - he could've laid there for years!

hismajesty

Quote from: Mangix on April 03, 2005, 01:29 AM
There is a lot of stuff in the bible that does not contradict.

How does that help your opinion that "Religion Sucks." hm?

I'm not Catholic, but I'm still religious. And, even though I'm not Catholic, I still feel for Cathloics, and for Christians in general. The Pope, as a human being and not a religious figure, was an extremely good man. Look at all the people out there raping and murdering children, I'd have no care if they died - but a man like the Pope, I definitely care about. He, again despite his religious connections, is still one of us - as iago said a human, and a good one at that. For that reason a lone, he deserves everyones sympathy and not their jokes. Many around the world are mourning, and the least you could do is keep your wise ass anti-religious comments to yourself.

I can't think of any religious group, besides the Puritans, that beleive God has his hand in everything. I personally have more of a Rationalist viewpoint on this, that God created a perfectly functional universe - like a clock - that is able to work without divine intervention. Now, I do think that God has his hand in some things. For example, there was a fire here at a Church - it was a massive fire, but after the fire was extinguished - there was hardly any damage at all. Nearly everything was still in perfect condition and the people investigating were amazed by that.

I don't think that if you pray to win the lottery, God will help you - though.

Hitmen

And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust!

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 02, 2005, 06:05 PM
I think this will cover any posts that will come:

QuoteI am appalled by the callousness displayed by some members of this group. Whether or not you yourself mourn the passing of the Pope, how does it hurt you to let people who do mourn him grieve without your mockery and ridicule?

I do not know any of you personally. I would not personally grieve over the loss of anyone you cared about, but I would offer my sympathy and respect your right to grieve as you see fit.

How unfeeling must you be to offer insults and rudeness at this time? How dare you be so inconsiderate of your fellow humans? I do not ask that you think of the Pope as a great man. You are free to like or dislike him and what he stood for. You are free to agree or disagree with his teachings. You are free to think and feel and say whatever you like, but exactly what do you think you're revealing about your character when you mock those who are distraught over the loss of a person of consequence to them?

I am tired of hearing the phrase "get over it." I am tired of thinking and feeling people being told to shut up, grow up, or lighten up. I don't know what more to say, except what I said at the beginning of this post: I am appalled.
I like this dude, where is that quote from?

My overall general conclusion is that Adron is a heartless inconsiderate bastard...see my signature for supportive evidence.
EDIT: He is probably doing it to get a rise out of people, but that is besides the point
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

CrAz3D

We can't lock our own topics anymore?  (Could we ever?)  I seem to recall being able to lock my own posts here before, maybe it was another forum though. 

I request that we be able to lock our own topics, please & thank you.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 05, 2005, 07:47 PM
EDIT: He is probably doing it to get a rise out of people, but that is besides the point

Duh :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

I must lock my own topic still!
(ré-bun-dance)

Akamas

Quote from: Adron on April 02, 2005, 06:59 PM
Haha, well, God must've wanted him to die. He probably sucked.

Haha.

Quote from: EpicOfTimeWasted on April 02, 2005, 05:56 PM
Sorry for being a heartless asshole (not really, but it sounds better that way)... but one less religious fanatic in the world isn't exactly something I'm going to shed a tear over.

I agree.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Adron

My overall general conclusion is that Adron is a heartless inconsiderate bastard...see my signature for supportive evidence.

Haha, you can at least conclude that I think religion is evil, and... Well, the pope is a representative of religion, one who spent his life working to spread AIDS in Africa. Now he's gone, perhaps there'll be a chance to save some lives.

Akamas

Adron isn't heartless, he's just logicial, religion is false and "evil".

QuoteEDIT: He is probably doing it to get a rise out of people, but that is besides the point

Possibly. I find it funny as hell.

QuoteNow he's gone, perhaps there'll be a chance to save some lives.

Haha.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Akamas on April 05, 2005, 11:38 PM
Adron isn't heartless, he's just logicial, religion is false and "evil".
No, Adron is just trying to get a rise out of people, he is not being sensative to others and he is just being a flat out jerk. That is all there is to it really. This has nothing to do with religion at all in reality... it just has to do with Adron wanting to get a rise out of people because he thinks it is fun to piss others off that he does not agree with.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on April 05, 2005, 11:29 PM

Haha, you can at least conclude that I think religion is evil, and... Well, the pope is a representative of religion, one who spent his life working to spread AIDS in Africa. Now he's gone, perhaps there'll be a chance to save some lives.
So you are saying that the pope is responsible for aids? Who woulda thunk it  ::)
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 06, 2005, 07:35 PM
Quote from: Adron on April 05, 2005, 11:29 PM
So you are saying that the pope is responsible for aids? Who woulda thunk it  ::)

Yes, he is. His statements prohibiting the use of condoms have contributed greatly to the current AIDS situation among African catholics.

|