• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Pope is gone

Started by CrAz3D, April 02, 2005, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

What did they say, he's been the pope for 28 years none & was the youngest man elected in decades & the 1st non-Italian in 500 years.  He's gone many places, now on to a new one
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Blaze

Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

CrAz3D

"The Holy Father is deceased this evening at 9:37 in his private apartment"

Something I saw they mentioned on the news that I thought was rather cool is that after he was shot like 5 times, he went to the prison & forgave the man that did it.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Mitosis

Blaze

:(   I'm not religious but still.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

hismajesty

They've been preparing for his death for a few weeks now, getting burial arrangements ready and such. A bunch of Cardinals from the US have flown to the Vatican to begin their secret voting for a new Pope.

l)ragon

He was a strong one right to the end, I need not say more.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Mitosis

My family and I have been watching the news for quite some time now. I hate how damn CNN talks while the mas is going on.

EpicOfTimeWasted

Sorry for being a heartless asshole (not really, but it sounds better that way)... but one less religious fanatic in the world isn't exactly something I'm going to shed a tear over.

hismajesty

He'll have a replacement, you heartless asshole.

Newby

Quote from: EpicOfTimeWasted on April 02, 2005, 05:56 PM
Sorry for being a heartless asshole (not really, but it sounds better that way)... but one less religious fanatic in the world isn't exactly something I'm going to shed a tear over.

I had a feeling it was going to come to this. This is why you can't have a discussion on religious subjects, because people who disagree will speak their opinion, and it will turn into an argument.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

I think this will cover any posts that will come:

QuoteI am appalled by the callousness displayed by some members of this group. Whether or not you yourself mourn the passing of the Pope, how does it hurt you to let people who do mourn him grieve without your mockery and ridicule?

I do not know any of you personally. I would not personally grieve over the loss of anyone you cared about, but I would offer my sympathy and respect your right to grieve as you see fit.

How unfeeling must you be to offer insults and rudeness at this time? How dare you be so inconsiderate of your fellow humans? I do not ask that you think of the Pope as a great man. You are free to like or dislike him and what he stood for. You are free to agree or disagree with his teachings. You are free to think and feel and say whatever you like, but exactly what do you think you're revealing about your character when you mock those who are distraught over the loss of a person of consequence to them?

I am tired of hearing the phrase "get over it." I am tired of thinking and feeling people being told to shut up, grow up, or lighten up. I don't know what more to say, except what I said at the beginning of this post: I am appalled.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 02, 2005, 03:47 PM
They've been preparing for his death for a few weeks now, getting burial arrangements ready and such. A bunch of Cardinals from the US have flown to the Vatican to begin their secret voting for a new Pope.
The new pope has been touched by the previous pope on the chest with both hands for a very long time, officially making the person pope.  This goes back to Peter, or something...but anyway, without being ordained by the previous pope, the line is broken.  Too bad for religion.

Adron

Haha, well, God must've wanted him to die. He probably sucked.