• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday(3rd)

Started by Grok, December 19, 2002, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Quote from: Grok on November 30, 2006, 10:46 AM
Quote from: Rule on November 28, 2006, 03:14 PM
Quote from: Grok on November 27, 2006, 02:11 AM
At the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.

I'm not so sure about that....
:P

Which part?  I'm sure nobody was using a mixed-case tag.  I'm not sure if we started with ^vL^ or ^VL^ but either way it was horrid!  Glad we switched to [vL].

I remember ^VL^ i was wondering which idiot decided to do that.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

disco

You should have made the tag "@vL!" and showed some enthusiasm. :P
Say it with me:

Invert

This thread is now the official "reminiscing about the old b.net days".

Long live [vL]

...and

Denial

Quote from: Invert on November 30, 2006, 03:35 PM
This thread is now the official "reminiscing about the old b.net days".

Long live [vL]

...and

I remember when invert joined vl was a intresting day was the same day they made bush president.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Invert

Quote from: Denial on November 30, 2006, 05:32 PM
I remember when invert joined vl was a intresting day was the same day they made bush president.

Actually I joined under Big Willy.
There is no way you could remember this, you were under the age of 13 and were unable to play any Blizzard games since they were rated M and T. You were not on Battle.net at that time.

disco

Quote from: Invert on December 01, 2006, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Denial on November 30, 2006, 05:32 PM

Actually I joined under Big Willy.
There is no way you could remember this, you were under the age of 13 and were unable to play any Blizzard games since they were rated M and T. You were not on Battle.net at that time.

lol?  I've been playing since I was in 2nd grade back in '97 and that M rating never stopped me.
Say it with me:

Mystical

Quote from: Grok on November 30, 2006, 10:46 AM
Quote from: Rule on November 28, 2006, 03:14 PM
Quote from: Grok on November 27, 2006, 02:11 AM
At the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.

I'm not so sure about that....
:P

Which part?  I'm sure nobody was using a mixed-case tag.  I'm not sure if we started with ^vL^ or ^VL^ but either way it was horrid!  Glad we switched to [vL].

oh.. i wonderd if the ^vL^ tag was related to [vL] cuz i still see some ^vL^ tags floatin around in some starcraft games like Zombie^vL^ i think...ect..

rabbit

I remember RC :P
(WD) was around for a long time, though I don't talk to anyone from it at all anymore, I still have an account for it.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MrRaza

I remember tgk, and ][)K and ^Sw^Linda, and SC shareware ascii bots.

Rule

Merry Christmas.... and happy 9th birthday.  Obviously this is no longer the same community it used to be, but it's still a place where good old friends can reach one another, and for that I'm very happy that it still exists.

l)ragon

Quote from: Rule on December 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
Merry Christmas.... and happy 9th birthday.  Obviously this is no longer the same community it used to be, but it's still a place where good old friends can reach one another, and for that I'm very happy that it still exists.

Merry Christmas.
9 years damn has it been that long already?

There is still some old timers around :)
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

l2k-Shadow

4 and half years on the forum - almost -_-
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

MrRaza

Heh,

I remember when it used to be a gamers.com board or something...

Spht

Thanks vL for continuing to host the Botdev community forum after we were closed from gamers.com

PunK

It would be interesting to see some oldies flawk around on Battle.Net again...

But growing up means saying good bye to old habbits which is what many people have done. I'll be doing that next year when I transfer to FSU.

Since I didn't have the chance to say it... Merry X-MAS!

|