• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday(3rd)

Started by Grok, December 19, 2002, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiVirus

I think vL looks better then VL.  Possibly that's why it's a lower case v and an uppercase L?
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

disco

Quote from: AntiVirus on November 25, 2006, 09:47 PM
I think vL looks better then VL.  Possibly that's why it's a lower case v and an uppercase L?

Yeah that's what I figured.  I was just being difficult.  :P
Say it with me:

AntiVirus

Quote from: disco on November 25, 2006, 10:33 PM
Quote from: AntiVirus on November 25, 2006, 09:47 PM

Yeah that's what I figured.  I was just being difficult.  :P
*sigh*
Some people these days. :P
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Joe[x86]

It was originally named valhallaLegends. :)
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Hero

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=11.msg161814#msg161814 date=1164539576]
prove it

Denial

i remember asgard   with the stupid little thing over the a i think as the channel for [vL]
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Joe[x86]

Quote from: heRo on November 26, 2006, 06:10 AM
prove it

'twas a joke.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Hero

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=11.msg161875#msg161875 date=1164608330]
Quote from: heRo on November 26, 2006, 06:10 AM
prove it

'twas a joke.
as well as my post

Grok

It is vL because our tag on battle.net had square brackets around it.  [VL]Grok, just did not look right in Starcraft's chat font, while [vL] looked good.  At the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.

disco

Quote from: Grok on November 27, 2006, 02:11 AMAt the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.
Ahhh yes, the good ole days.  It was a simpler time, it was a better time.
Say it with me:

Rule

Quote from: Grok on November 27, 2006, 02:11 AM
At the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.

I'm not so sure about that....
:P

Denial

It is vL because our tag on battle.net had square brackets around it.  [VL]Grok, just did not look right in Starcraft's chat font, while [vL] looked good.  At the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.

WoLF`Adron[RIP] aka [vL]Adron

I can't remember which came first wolf or vl. It's been so long alot of me memory seems like everything came the same time.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Rule

Quote from: Denial on November 29, 2006, 12:06 AM

WoLF`Adron[RIP] aka [vL]Adron

I can't remember which came first wolf or vl. It's been so long alot of me memory seems like everything came the same time.

Both WoLF and RIP existed prior to vL.  As did AoF, RM, GKL, ]I[, RC, ][)K and TG|{, to list a few more examples.

Grok

Quote from: Rule on November 29, 2006, 08:54 PM
Both WoLF and RIP existed prior to vL.  As did AoF, RM, GKL, ]I[, RC, ][)K and TG|{, to list a few more examples.

Rule is right.  WoLF was a brotherhood, and had various significant (at the time) people from various top clans of the time.  Many WoLF are still friends and remain in regular contact.

Valhalla Legends was created a month or two after I left Royal Council.  Rule approached me with the idea to start a new clan that did not suffer the same defects as the de facto standard clan on battle.net of the day.  It took us about 3 days discussion of which principles we liked or disliked.  We created our own vision and laid out our principles, after which we spent another few hours coming up with the Valhalla Legends name.  Then it was just a matter of sharing the vision with the people we wanted to recruit.

Grok

Quote from: Rule on November 28, 2006, 03:14 PM
At the time nobody else was using a mixed-case tag, so it also made us unique.

I'm not so sure about that....
:P

Which part?  I'm sure nobody was using a mixed-case tag.  I'm not sure if we started with ^vL^ or ^VL^ but either way it was horrid!  Glad we switched to [vL].

|