• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday(3rd)

Started by Grok, December 19, 2002, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Congrats to the whole clan for growing into what we are over the last 36 months.  Valhalla Legends was created on December 25, 1999 with Wizzbert, Raven, and myself.

Jigsaw and Joker were the 4th and 5th members, and Rebelflag, Dest, MrRogahs, Doomcloud, Darkvirus, and I think Valen, rounded out the first 10.  There's no absolute list of the first 10 so I may be wrong.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday

From Grok

iago

...and the third year finishes off with Cuphead, iago, and Arta, thank you very much, and everybody between is lost in the croud; sorry guys! ;-)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Rule

Actually grok, I sponsored ])est to become a member, and was asked to be a member before the clan was even formed.  

Grok

Quote from: Rule on August 06, 2004, 04:37 PM
Actually grok, I sponsored ])est to become a member, and was asked to be a member before the clan was even formed.  

This gets the new record for bringing-up-dead-posts.

cefx-

Speaking of members

Is the member list up to date?
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

Rule

Grok, an apology, (and not your sarcasm), would have been sufficient for such an obvious oversight.  

I invested energy into making vL successful from its very beginnings, and that devotion deserves respect.

As a new member of this forum, I am reading many posts for the first time, as are many others I'm sure.  To refrain from commenting on older posts that can yet be addressed is irrational.  

As a friend, I mean no hostility.  You would be offended if I made a point of talking about this clan's beginnings and failed to mention you.

Rule

Adron

Why can't some people separate "having respect for someone"  from "not being allowed to tell if someone's done something wrong"?

Besides, it probably is a new record for bringing up long dead posts. I think the last offender brought up some year-old post or so, but this one was more than 1.5 years!

Grok

Actually I wasn't being sarcastic at all.  My reply was only pointing out the date differential between the last previous reply and yours, and how it seemed to set a record!  I thought it was interesting.

The other thing, we had already talked about that on bncs, so I saw no reason to discuss it further.  If you feel slighted in some way, even after we talked, I cannot help that.  This topic was not intended to be the official history of vL.  And, if you read the last sentence of my post, you can clearly see that I was not sure of the first 10 members, so in your long long absence, you probably just slipped my mind.  And no, you had nothing to do with the forming of vL.  It was entirely Raven, Wizzbert and myself, and Wizzbert mostly just said uh-huh to everything.  But dude, you're all vL as vL can get, but so is the newest member, whoever that is.  And omg, is he gonna be pissed and feel slighted because I didn't call him out by name.

Kp

Quote from: Grok on August 06, 2004, 10:10 PMBut dude, you're all vL as vL can get, but so is the newest member, whoever that is.  And omg, is he gonna be pissed and feel slighted because I didn't call him out by name.

hmm, I think at this point Hostile is still the newest member.  Last I heard he was already pissed you wouldn't side with him in some dispute though, so maybe he'll just let this slide. ;)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Adron

Quote from: Kp on August 06, 2004, 11:40 PM
Quote from: Grok on August 06, 2004, 10:10 PMBut dude, you're all vL as vL can get, but so is the newest member, whoever that is.  And omg, is he gonna be pissed and feel slighted because I didn't call him out by name.

hmm, I think at this point Hostile is still the newest member.  Last I heard he was already pissed you wouldn't side with him in some dispute though, so maybe he'll just let this slide. ;)

Did anyone put his AO back? He must've calmed down by now, I just haven't been in the channel much at all lately (enjoying the sun!) and haven't remembered it.

Kp

Not that I've seen, but I haven't been checking too closely.  I don't know if he's calmed down or not, since I haven't even seen him talk in channel (and no, it's not because of any filtering/squelches).  Again, I haven't looked too closely, but I don't think he's even come back.  I do know he did some naughty botnet related things at some point though.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Grok

Rule:  I apologize if you have interpreted ANY of my remarks as belittling of you, in ANY way, because there is ZERO intention on my part to do any such thing.  I have re-read my replies and do not see how they can be interpreted as belittling.

However, I do admit that I have been guilty in the past of having no tact, so perhaps this is yet another instance of the same.  Even so, I do apologize that my bluntness has offended you, or my lack of tact has allowed you to interpret my remarks as somehow inflamatory.  Friends??

warz

YOU CAN'T TAKE MY FREEDOM! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Rebby

DeTaiLs

Good job brining up an almost 3 year old topic