Do you trust Bush?

Yes
12 (32.4%)
No
25 (67.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: March 06, 2005, 08:17 AM

Hazard

Fyre its a mis-interpretation. Would you trust your babysitter with the keys to your Maseratti?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Stealth

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 28, 2005, 02:47 AM
I love how people would trust their CHILD with him, but not their MONEY.  Americans are a little screwed up.  :P

Well, it's not that I wouldn't trust him with the money, it's that he has shown in the past that he's not so hot at managing money.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Blaze

How can you trust him with your tax money, and not your regular money?
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

hismajesty

Quote from: Blaze - (S-1-0-0) on February 28, 2005, 07:37 PM
How can you trust him with your tax money, and not your regular money?

Congress approves all his spending, it's not like he says 'go spend $x on y' and it happens, it has to go through Congress.

Arta

...which has a republican majority.

I'm not saying it lets him do whatever he wants, but I am saying that it lets the republican party do whatever it wants.

hismajesty

The topic of discussion is not "Do you trust the Republican Party?" it's "Do you trust Bush?"

Stealth

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 28, 2005, 10:39 PM
The topic of discussion is not "Do you trust the Republican Party?" it's "Do you trust Bush?"

Exactly. I trust the Republican Party with my tax dollars [and yes, this year I'm actually filing taxes] more than I trust the Democratic Party. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Adron

Quote from: Stealth on February 28, 2005, 05:14 PM
Well, it's not that I wouldn't trust him with the money, it's that he has shown in the past that he's not so hot at managing money.

Well, if you trusted him, he'd know when to accept outside management advise as well? Trust him to make the right decisions, even if the right decision is to ask for help?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Hazard on February 28, 2005, 04:26 PM
Fyre its a mis-interpretation. Would you trust your babysitter with the keys to your Maseratti?

They would need to earn my trust before I left my child with them.  At which point, yes, I would leave my keys to my car at home.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hazard

So lets say that your wife hires a babysitter. You talk with her for a few moments and are ready to go ahead and leave. You leave her with your child and all is well you have a great evening and all that. Lets say the next day you leave for a 5 day business trip, you'd just drive up and toss her the keys and say "Just don't take the car out."? No.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

MyndFyre

Quote from: Hazard on March 01, 2005, 01:21 PM
So lets say that your wife hires a babysitter. You talk with her for a few moments and are ready to go ahead and leave. You leave her with your child and all is well you have a great evening and all that. Lets say the next day you leave for a 5 day business trip, you'd just drive up and toss her the keys and say "Just don't take the car out."? No.

Why would I toss her the car keys?  That's moronic.  But yes, if I were to hire a babysitter, I would have to be able to trust her to have my bank account, credit account, etc. information in my house, and for her to not go through that information.

On a side note, I wouldn't hire a babysitter with whom I had only spoken with for a few moments.

I suspect we're on the same side, but you're making very extreme examples of your point to make it.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

quasi-modo

Bush had 2 kids, he knows how to raise him. I would trust him taken care of one of my chillins when I am out with my babies mama.

Bush seems like he would make a good stock broker. I like his economic views, I would trust him with my money (like as a stock broker I am assuming?).

I would probably buy a used car from the guy, but I mean the price would have to be right, I am not going to pay blue book value for a car because blue book is always inflated. I go with black book.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 28, 2005, 02:47 AM
I love how people would trust their CHILD with him, but not their MONEY.  Americans are a little screwed up.  :P
I don't think I'd trust him to invest it, I would trust him to sit there & watch it do nothing though
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Joe[x86]

Thats not too bright.

Look what happened when he watched Osama.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

SNiFFeR

Well, you should only trust someone as far as you can throw them.

|