Main Menu

lmao

Started by UserLoser., February 05, 2005, 10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: Hitmen on February 08, 2005, 07:04 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 08, 2005, 06:54 PM
In conditions like that you should have chains anyway
Conditions are constantly much worse than that here in the winter, and I've never seen a car with chains on the tires in my life. People in other parts of the country just need to learn to drive.
Chains & awd/4wd help, why not use what helps so you don't wreck your car? (unless you have a cheap car)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

quasi-modo

Quote from: Grok on February 08, 2005, 10:04 AM
Quote from: quasi-modo on February 06, 2005, 12:36 AM
If the wheels were turned towards the curb they might have had a better chance of stopping....

Some were turned towards the curb and it was no help.

Now if they had antilock brakes and all-wheel-drive like my Volvo, the computers, taking 500 measurements per second, would prevent that mess by making sure the wheels turn and get some traction.  Go go Swedes!
<.<
>.>
I have antilock breaks... I drive  buick.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 08, 2005, 09:32 PM
Conditions are constantly much worse than that here in the winter, and I've never seen a car with chains on the tires in my life. People in other parts of the country just need to learn to drive.
Chains & awd/4wd help, why not use what helps so you don't wreck your car? (unless you have a cheap car)
This is one of the only times it is beneficial to have AWD.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

shout

Or learn to drive in the snow...? Yes, I am a new driver, but I've never hit another car and I have never gone off road. And I drive in the snow all the time.

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 08, 2005, 09:33 PM
AWD is ALWAYS beneficial, you have better traction with it.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Grok

Quote from: K on February 08, 2005, 05:39 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 08, 2005, 04:38 PM
Quote from: shout on February 08, 2005, 03:46 PM
That was funny. Now why would something like this happen? When people want to stop, and they don't, they press the brake down harder. Hahaha.
It would make them skid more, sorta. They are skidding because of the lack of friction, by allowing the tires to turn less the car looses more friction & allows it to slide longer.

It also doesn't help that it takes the transportation department about 8 years to get around to cleaning off the streets.  I've driven from DIA through Denver a day after it stopped snowing and I-70/I-270/Highway 36 were still all covered with snow.  And don't tell me it was the wind, because they have those massive snow blocking things all around the highways.

*mutter*damn local government.

Maybe you should be more in favor of keeping that $240 billion that we have spent in Iraq back here at home to improve our roads?

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 08, 2005, 10:00 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on February 08, 2005, 09:33 PM
AWD is ALWAYS beneficial, you have better traction with it.
AWD creates a massive loss of power. The fact that the front wheel portion of the thing is very complex and the fact that you need a transfer case means you are loosing a ton of power. The the only time AWD is beneficial is on slick surfaces. Otherwise you are just loosing power.
WAR EAGLE!

CrAz3D

If you have a car that is that has THAT little power that it can't support AWD (or fwd what what you say about the front end being complex) you need a new car.
(ré-bun-dance)

Grok

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 09, 2005, 11:22 AM
The the only time AWD is beneficial is on slick surfaces.

My 300HP, 295 ftlb torque Volvo S60R totally disagrees with your opinion.  Maybe you think only one wheel should have power, because two wheels having power is just lossy?

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 09, 2005, 12:01 PM
If you have a car that is that has THAT little power that it can't support AWD (or fwd what what you say about the front end being complex) you need a new car.
It is not an issue of weather the car can support it. It is an issue of you are wasting power and killing your fule economy with something you really do not need.
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

Quote from: Grok on February 09, 2005, 01:59 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on February 09, 2005, 11:22 AM
The the only time AWD is beneficial is on slick surfaces.

My 300HP, 295 ftlb torque Volvo S60R totally disagrees with your opinion.  Maybe you think only one wheel should have power, because two wheels having power is just lossy?
No, I do not thing 1 wheel would be better than 2. I think real wheel drive is the way to go.
WAR EAGLE!

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 09, 2005, 03:56 PM
It is not an issue of weather the car can support it. It is an issue of you are wasting power and killing your fule economy with something you really do not need.
WEATHER IS the issue, & also physics!  You have better traction.  Show me proof that you loose a significant amount of power when using AWD vs RWD.  Also, FWD can wear out a bit quicker but give you better traction too!
(ré-bun-dance)

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 09, 2005, 06:38 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on February 09, 2005, 03:56 PM
WEATHER IS the issue, & also physics!  You have better traction.  Show me proof that you loose a significant amount of power when using AWD vs RWD.  Also, FWD can wear out a bit quicker but give you better traction too!
I am not saying it does not give you more traction. But in normal driving conditions (not slick roads) you do not need power going to 4 wheels. Do I really need to post a website that says that a substantial ammount of power is lost in the transfer case? It is pretty logical, the more moving parts, the more energy required to turn them all, the more firction between them, there is a loss in efficiency. Also there is the fact that if you break an AWD car it is going to cost a lot more to fix and it is easier to break too.
WAR EAGLE!

CrAz3D

You loose some power, but since there are 4 wheels pushing you along instead of two, it will seem as the car accelerates easier...I think.  Grok, where are you, your AWESOME Volvo is AWD you said... explain this to us
(ré-bun-dance)

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 09, 2005, 09:05 PM
You loose some power, but since there are 4 wheels pushing you along instead of two, it will seem as the car accelerates easier...I think.  Grok, where are you, your AWESOME Volvo is AWD you said... explain this to us
No, you will accelerate slower. If we are in a drag race situation and you mash your foot on the gas you are not going to peel out as much in an awd so your time off the line will be better, but your acceleration is going to be slower in an AWD car and your top speed is going to be lower. Like I said, not as much power is going to be going to the wheels. The only time it is really beneficial is in slick driving conditions. For instance, I would not enter one of those rallys in a car that is not AWD, once I hit some mud or something I would be screwed.

If we both have a car with the same engine, same gear ratios, same shape, etc etc, but your is AWD and mine is RWD I am going to win the race unless of course it starts snowing or something.
WAR EAGLE!

|