• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

"Peaceful" Protestors, Not So Peaceful

Started by hismajesty, January 22, 2005, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

DOOM

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 22, 2005, 05:14 PM
How is communism NOT a big government?!... they controll absolutely EVERY aspect of the country...what are you smoking?

Please read my posts in the future.

I specifically mentioned the idea "true communism."  Whenever you think of the Soviet Union, you are not thinking of true communism.

The points in my previous post still stand.

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on January 22, 2005, 10:16 PM
QuoteRepublicans favor a more laissez-faire form of government.
true republicans anyway, this current batch of neo-cons are only interested in their wallets and legislating morality.

Be careful not to step in the leftist bullshit.

People have used that same hippie rhetoric for hundreds of years against president's like Linclon, U.S. Grant, Teddy Roosevelet, Eisenhower, Ford, Reagan, H.W. Bush, etc. Don't pretend your stuff is anything we haven't heard before.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Hazard

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 22, 2005, 01:34 PM
Most of the right-wing contributors to this forum, however, really do seem to think that anyone left of center is stupid, idiotic, hipocritical, perpetually wrong, and in possession of nothing to offer.

What leftist groups are there out there that you see? International ANSWER, DAWN, the Democratic Underground, etc. These groups are stupid, idiotic, hipocritical, perpetually wrong and do possess something to offer, unfortunately they are all bad ideas.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Forged

Quote from: Hazard on January 23, 2005, 09:28 AM
true republicans anyway, this current batch of neo-cons are only interested in their wallets and legislating morality.

People have used that same hippie rhetoric for hundreds of years against president's like Linclon, U.S. Grant, Teddy Roosevelet, Eisenhower, Ford, Reagan, H.W. Bush, etc. Don't pretend your stuff is anything we haven't heard before.

Grant was a drunk and possiblly the worst president we have ever had. Roosevelet was nothing super special, just a blown out of pruportion psuedo-superman, Eisenhower was a wartime president and that was about it. Ford I know little to nothing about, I was born to late and his achievments were to small I guess.  Reagen is another of those blown out of pruportion guys, he accomplished shit in his time as president.  Bush(the current one anyway) Has had a presidency to rival Grant's in shittiness. He has done nothing that has helped the country, and he continues to try to legislate on morality which is something I have wrong on the highest level.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

CrAz3D

Quote from: quasi-modo on January 22, 2005, 10:41 PM
How is communism NOT a big government?!... they controll absolutely EVERY aspect of the country...what are you smoking?
He said true communism is not supposed to be about big government. I guess he is talking about communism on the villiage / small island scale... the only scale it will work on.
The only way there could be a small communist government, small in the sense that the government doesn't control ALL aspects of life, is if there were no aspects if life.  Under communism the government controls all property, all businesses, they control everything, how is that small?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Forged

In pure communism there is no goverment, in the sense that everyone just does their part, and shares equally.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 10:25 AM

Grant was a drunk and possiblly the worst president we have ever had. Roosevelet was nothing super special, just a blown out of pruportion psuedo-superman, Eisenhower was a wartime president and that was about it. Ford I know little to nothing about, I was born to late and his achievments were to small I guess.  Reagen is another of those blown out of pruportion guys, he accomplished shit in his time as president.  Bush(the current one anyway) Has had a presidency to rival Grant's in shittiness. He has done nothing that has helped the country, and he continues to try to legislate on morality which is something I have wrong on the highest level.

Reagan Blown out of proportion? You claim to be a libertarian but you fail to see his great economic accomplishments? During his presidency we saw kinseanism in action for the first time on a large scale here in the united states.

Since when is the current bush allowing trusts to corrupt the governemnt up to the cabinet level? I see no Credit Mobilier scandal. Please when you answer, avoid using Michael Moorish bs to back up your response. Bush and Grant have absolutly nothing in common, trying to compare the two shows a certain ignorance about the administration of one or the other.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 11:41 AM
In pure communism there is no goverment, in the sense that everyone just does their part, and shares equally.
Which is exactly why it can only exist on a very small scale... otherwise corruption of the system will set in. That is when we end up wearing green shoes.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 10:25 AM

Grant was a drunk and possiblly the worst president we have ever had. Roosevelet was nothing super special, just a blown out of pruportion psuedo-superman, Eisenhower was a wartime president and that was about it. Ford I know little to nothing about, I was born to late and his achievments were to small I guess. Reagen is another of those blown out of pruportion guys, he accomplished shit in his time as president. Bush(the current one anyway) Has had a presidency to rival Grant's in shittiness. He has done nothing that has helped the country, and he continues to try to legislate on morality which is something I have wrong on the highest level.

Wrong. Howard Taft is considered to be the worst president in history.

CrAz3D

This shows otherwise: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/presrankings1.html

Lincoln is #1, FDR is #2, Washington #3.  Buchanan is last.  Regan is #11.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 23, 2005, 01:33 PM
This shows otherwise: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/presrankings1.html

Lincoln is #1, FDR is #2, Washington #3. Buchanan is last. Regan is #11.

Odd, I could have sworn last year in Government we learned Taft was considered the worse. Even whitehouse.gov says he was a poor politician. Anyway...

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

DOOM

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 23, 2005, 11:19 AM
Quote from: quasi-modo on January 22, 2005, 10:41 PM
He said true communism is not supposed to be about big government. I guess he is talking about communism on the villiage / small island scale... the only scale it will work on.
The only way there could be a small communist government, small in the sense that the government doesn't control ALL aspects of life, is if there were no aspects if life.  Under communism the government controls all property, all businesses, they control everything, how is that small?

I suggest you read the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx.

quasi-modo

It does not matter, Grant was a 'great' general (if you consider just using overwhelming numbers to be a real innovative strategy), but he was not a great president. He failed to see massive corruption leaking into his administration. There is no similarity between him and Bush.
WAR EAGLE!

Forged

QuoteWhich is exactly why it can only exist on a very small scale...
I wasn't arguing that it would work, I was merelly stating.

QuoteThere is no similarity between him and Bush.
I wasn't really comparing their actions to be similar, I was comparing how they were both really shitty presidents.

|