Started by Yoni, December 16, 2004, 01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: quasi-modo on December 20, 2004, 01:25 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 19, 2004, 01:05 PM
Quote from: j0k3r on December 19, 2004, 06:24 AM
Quote from: quasi-modo on December 18, 2004, 10:57 PM
Keep us posted on all of the cool military stuff you are doing through netcooler, like you said.
That a little better hismajesty?

gl hf Yoni.

No, I mean all the cool military stuff will be top secret. He's working with computers so it's a lot different than just saying 'I was on patrol today' or something.
Awww man, I guess I missed that post. I was thinking he would be doing something not nerdy, like flying an apache or an f16.
I'd guess he's RUNNING Apache, not FLYING one.  And it's unfortunate that the keyboard only goes up to F12, otherwise I'd make a second lame joke.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on December 20, 2004, 07:23 AM
Keep us posted on all of the cool military stuff you are doing through netcooler, like you said.

gl hf Yoni.

No, I mean all the cool military stuff will be top secret. He's working with computers so it's a lot different than just saying 'I was on patrol today' or something.
Awww man, I guess I missed that post. I was thinking he would be doing something not nerdy, like flying an apache or an f16.
I'd guess he's RUNNING Apache, not FLYING one. And it's unfortunate that the keyboard only goes up to F12, otherwise I'd make a second lame joke.

Not all keyboards have F12, some have an F14 too. In fact, Kp was talking about one in the sixties the other day.

Blaze

Why would someone need so many function keys? Other then hot-keying them to every piece of software on their computer.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

hismajesty

Quote from: Blaze on December 20, 2004, 10:24 AM
Why would someone need so many function keys? Other then hot-keying them to every piece of software on their computer.

Why would somebody ever need 640k of RAM? ;)

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 20, 2004, 09:09 AM
Quote from: iago on December 20, 2004, 07:23 AM

gl hf Yoni.

I'd guess he's RUNNING Apache, not FLYING one. And it's unfortunate that the keyboard only goes up to F12, otherwise I'd make a second lame joke.

Not all keyboards have F12, some have an F14 too. In fact, Kp was talking about one in the sixties the other day.
Hey Israel has some f14s don't they? I guess you can make that joke now iago  ;D
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Blaze

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 20, 2004, 10:39 AM
Why would somebody ever need 640k of RAM? ;)
For running Stealthbot when it rte's. ^^
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

OnlyMeat

Nuke the palestinian's and every islamic state.
islam = terrorists!!

quasi-modo

Quote from: OnlyMeat on December 23, 2004, 10:53 PM
Nuke the palestinian's and every islamic state.
islam = terrorists!!
Are you just going out of your way to be controversial and get attention?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Yoni

Hi! I am back for the weekend (Friday + Saturday).

Boot camp is much more fun than I expected.
It's more like a camp than an army boot camp. :)
Nearly all of the people are very cool.

We sleep in tents and eat crappy food.
I don't have a weapon yet. I will get one next week. (It will be an M-16 - the standard "boot camp gun".)

I will try to post a picture of myself in uniform this weekend.

Warrior

Welcome back , even though its for the weekend :)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Meh

Quote from: Yoni on December 24, 2004, 07:53 AM
Hi! I am back for the weekend (Friday + Saturday).

Boot camp is much more fun than I expected.
It's more like a camp than an army boot camp. :)
Nearly all of the people are very cool.

We sleep in tents and eat crappy food.
I don't have a weapon yet. I will get one next week. (It will be an M-16 - the standard "boot camp gun".)

I will try to post a picture of myself in uniform this weekend.
Wow they dont go overboard with the days you have off do they :p

muert0

The American boot camps don't give days off. It's at least 6 weeks worth of training all the way through.
To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Quote from: muert0 on December 24, 2004, 01:44 PM
The American boot camps don't give days off. It's at least 6 weeks worth of training all the way through.

And, I don't think that it's too fun either.

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 24, 2004, 01:56 PM
Quote from: muert0 on December 24, 2004, 01:44 PM

And, I don't think that it's too fun either.
Nonsense!
WAR EAGLE!

Yoni

Let me explain. There are several "levels" of boot camp that the army offers, differing in length and discipline. I am doing the most sissy level, which is the shortest (3 weeks). It also has the least training (we only get a weapon on Monday - usually you get one in your first week).

I'm not going to the army for the basic training. That's just a formal requirement, for me to qualify as part of the army at all.

We're probably going to stay in the base next weekend, but there is a possibility that we'll go home again (with the weapons). If we do, I'll take pics.

Edit: I'm going back to base. 50% chance to be home next weekend, 90% chance to be home the weekend after that. The vL server was down while I was here so I couldn't upload pictures. Next time.

|