• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Why do people hate Christians and Jews, but are OK with Muslims and Athiests?

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, December 06, 2004, 06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Arta

Quote from: Hazard on December 06, 2004, 05:41 PM
Because in general Christians and Jews are a uniting force who do not set up a designated hierarchy, when Muslims preach men's superiority to women, Islamic persons superiority to all others, call for the destruction of the Jewish state, etc. Atheists just because people don't want to deal with the hot-bed that is atheism.

What a fantastic set of stereotypical generalisations! Ho hum...

Hazard

Nearly every atheist and muslim make vast generalizations towards Christians and Jews...

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

DOOM

I find it to be rather ironic that Christian symbols cannot be displayed publically, as it would violate seperation of church and state, yet it is okay for symbols of other religions to be displayed publically, as that is simply respecting "cultural diversity."

hismajesty

Quote from: DOOM on December 07, 2004, 11:34 AM
I find it to be rather ironic that Christian symbols cannot be displayed publically, as it would violate seperation of church and state, yet it is okay for symbols of other religions to be displayed publically, as that is simply respecting "cultural diversity."

The cross is allowed to be publically displayed, it's just open to more controversy.

Hazard

The other thing about Muslims is their claim to these "holy lands" that they say belong to them by God. It's strange because God also promised this land to Christians and Jews, and the city of Jerusalem is a holy place to all of them.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Falcon[anti-yL]

Well, things like crosses are ok, but I think you're talking about stuff like the stone tablet of the ten commandments in front of a court that was ordered to be removed.

DOOM

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on December 07, 2004, 03:17 PM
Well, things like crosses are ok, but I think you're talking about stuff like the stone tablet of the ten commandments in front of a court that was ordered to be removed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140545,00.html

Forged

Quote"I work with a lot of Muslims and don't know why someone would put up a sign like that,"

Some people really need to fucking die....

The PC bullshit going on in this country disgust me.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

DOOM

Quote from: Forged on December 07, 2004, 04:23 PM
Quote"I work with a lot of Muslims and don't know why someone would put up a sign like that,"

Some people really need to fucking die....

The PC bullshit going on in this country disgust me.

I agree.  The two-sided nature of the PC crowd is what pisses me off most.  If you offend Muslims, blacks, etc., you're a hate filled inbred hick.  If you offend Christians or whites, then you're "enlightened."

Yet it is somehow the Right that is supressing everyone's free speech...

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 07, 2004, 05:38 AM
Quote from: Hazard on December 06, 2004, 05:41 PM
Because in general Christians and Jews are a uniting force who do not set up a designated hierarchy, when Muslims preach men's superiority to women, Islamic persons superiority to all others, call for the destruction of the Jewish state, etc. Atheists just because people don't want to deal with the hot-bed that is atheism.

What a fantastic set of stereotypical generalisations! Ho hum...
Not really. When whole nations are this way I do not call it a stereotypical gerneralisation.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Which is kinda retarded when you think about it because how is thalt shall not kill bad? Our country's legal system was founded on the moral codes you will find in the bible.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Banana fanna fo fanna

Doom: that's exactly the point I was trying to make, yet you made it better than I could have.

Forged

Quote from: quasi-modo on December 07, 2004, 07:52 PM
Which is kinda retarded when you think about it because how is thalt shall not kill bad? Our country's legal system was founded on the moral codes you will find in the bible.

"I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt..."
"You shall have no other gods besides Me...Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."
"You shalt not swear falsely by the name of the Lord..."
"Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"
"Honor your father and your mother..."
"You shall not murder" -
"You shall not commit adultery"
"You shall not steal"
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"
"You shall not covet your neighbor's house..."

3 of those are laws, and 2 of them are the same...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

DOOM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140877,00.html

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about.  No one raises an eyebrow if a Jewish symbol is displayed publically, but don't even think about suggesting a Christian symbol.

Arta

Quote from: Forged on December 07, 2004, 11:21 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on December 07, 2004, 07:52 PM

"I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt..."
"You shall have no other gods besides Me...Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."
"You shalt not swear falsely by the name of the Lord..."
"Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"
"Honor your father and your mother..."
"You shall not murder" -
"You shall not commit adultery"
"You shall not steal"
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"
"You shall not covet your neighbor's house..."

3 of those are laws, and 2 of them are the same...

Coincidence! Any reasonable system of law would illegalise things like murder, theft, perjury...

|