• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Why do people hate Christians and Jews, but are OK with Muslims and Athiests?

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, December 06, 2004, 06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Adron

Not sure why people wouldn't also hate muslims. Any group of people making claims (such as ownership of land) based on what some "higher power" is "telling them"?

hismajesty

DOOM

Because respecting Muslims is considered to be a part of "cultural diversity," which is good because it lets us all ease our guilty consciences.  Christians are plentiful and do all sorts of mean things to people, like support charities and food drives.

Arta

MyndFyre

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 06, 2004, 04:22 PM
Why should anyone hate any of them?

Indeed a good point; in fact, one that I believe storm was probably trying to make.  ;)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hazard

Because in general Christians and Jews are a uniting force who do not set up a designated hierarchy, when Muslims preach men's superiority to women, Islamic persons superiority to all others, call for the destruction of the Jewish state, etc. Atheists just because people don't want to deal with the hot-bed that is atheism.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 06, 2004, 04:22 PM
Why should anyone hate any of them?

Tradition. Although I don't hate any of those religions, over in that region there is a ton of hostility over that stuff. It's not as widespread (or apparent, at least) in the States' I think.

Adron

You should probably also ponder why catholics should hate protestants and protestants hate catholics...

MyndFyre

Quote from: Adron on December 06, 2004, 06:53 PM
You should probably also ponder why catholics should hate protestants and protestants hate catholics...

I don't hate catholics!  I just think they're not Christians.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

quasi-modo

I do not hate catholics and I am a baptist. It is a sin for anyone to have true hate in their heart. Keep in mind, anger and rage are not to be mixed up with hate. God can be angry and God can show rage, yet God cannot hate. I do not hate Muslims either. The only thing I really hate are false doctrines, in all forms, taking over the world. I believe Islam is one of those, and Catholicism its self is one of those. Do not mistake the distaste I get in my mouth when I see Muslims for me hating them, I only hate the fact that they are following a god I believe to be false, and impersonal god named Allah. That does not mean that I will go out and slaughter the followers of Islam, nor the Catholics, nor anyone else.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Forged

I don't hate people because of their religon, I might hate islam, christianity, and judaism, but I don't hate muslims, jews, and christians.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

hismajesty

Quote from: MyndFyre on December 06, 2004, 07:04 PM

I don't hate catholics! I just think they're not Christians. :P

There is definately a bunch of hostility towards Catholics on a wide scale here, I'd assume. Take, for example, us only having one Catholic president ever - and luck would have it that he was assasinated. (Kennedy)

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 06, 2004, 07:48 PM
There is definately a bunch of hostility towards Catholics on a wide scale here, I'd assume. Take, for example, us only having one Catholic president ever - and luck would have it that he was assasinated. (Kennedy)
That is not hostility, that is a majorities distaste of the catholic church if anything. Hostility is like what you have between north and south Ireland. I think religion, of the Issues has been largly a minor one. I cannot think of any other election where it has been an Issue at all besides this one which is because of moral stances on things like gay marriage and abortion.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

Fine I guess hostility was the wrong word. Distaste would be better, yes.

|