• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Stuck on PingSpoof

Started by GoSu_KaOs, November 25, 2004, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser.

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 26, 2004, 07:23 AM
You can go to the trouble of parsing the message, extracting the DWORD, creating a new header and sending the reply, or you can just send the message straight back to the server, which equates to the exact same thing.

Is there any evidence which shows that it'll always be a 32-bit value from the server?  Starcraft's Battle.snp performs no check on the length, it just sends back what it receives (but it does create it's own header)

Arta

No. The correct procedure is just to echo the message back. Hence my postulations :)

Networks

Is it possible to get an exact ping value if you stall sending 0x25 (i think)? I pretty sure it's not. How does it work when you stall sending it.

BaDDBLooD

If you stall sending it, your ping goes up dramatically.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Soul Taker

Quote from: Networks on November 28, 2004, 12:52 PM
Is it possible to get an exact ping value if you stall sending 0x25 (i think)? I pretty sure it's not. How does it work when you stall sending it.
Yes.  Just delay sending it by (Desired Value - Normal Ping).  If you want a ping lower than the ping you normally get, then this obviously won't work.

Warrior

Well it is possible to spoof your ping by timing your response to 0x25 but I dont think the Timer Control is accurate to the nearest 1 millisecond so your best bet would be to use SetTimer / KillTimer API Calls
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

OnlyMeat

Quote from: Warrior on November 29, 2004, 09:38 AM
Well it is possible to spoof your ping by timing your response to 0x25 but I dont think the Timer Control is accurate to the nearest 1 millisecond so your best bet would be to use SetTimer / KillTimer API Calls

The timer control uses those api calls internally.

o.OV

Quote from: Warrior on November 29, 2004, 09:38 AM

High Performance timer used in multimedia applications would work better I hear.. never bothered though. You can try if you want.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. - Albert Einstein