• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Yasser Arafat Dead

Started by hismajesty, November 10, 2004, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

One less terrorist. Now the PLO has to find a new leader....
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

This is actually a bad thing... there will be much unrest, violence, rioting, etc. among Palestinians.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

DOOM

Quote from: Hazard on November 11, 2004, 06:59 AM
This is actually a bad thing... there will be much unrest, violence, rioting, etc. among Palestinians.

Maybe there will be, maybe there won't.

It depends on what replaces him.  But nothing was ever going to get accomplished over there as long as he was the one running things, in my opinion.  He may have had a Noble Peace Prize on his shelf, but he was still a terrorist.

hismajesty

There's already riots happening, but even if he were alive violence would still be taking place. Now they're burning tires instead of bombing busses (at least for today.) Yoni was telling me that Israel is giving the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to the PLO, so they got what they wanted. Too bad they'll continue to commit acts of terror in Israel, at least I think they will.

Hazard

Quote from: DOOM on November 12, 2004, 03:41 AM
Maybe there will be, maybe there won't.

There absoultly will be. Look at history, when a leader like that dies there is major unrest for years and years.

DOOM

There was already unrest, there was already violence.

The real question is, will something finally be able to get accomplished over there without Arafat stonewalling everything.

Hazard

Quote from: DOOM on November 12, 2004, 01:05 PM
There was already unrest, there was already violence.

The real question is, will something finally be able to get accomplished over there without Arafat stonewalling everything.

It depends on who is elected as the new Palestinian leader. If the leader is open to democracy, things will change. If the leader wants to continue the "fight" then it will all stay nearly the same.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quotemysterious illness
I wonder what it could've been.

hismajesty

Speculation of HIV has arose.

Mephisto

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 12, 2004, 06:15 PM
Speculation of HIV has arose.

Didn't he have some sort of throat cancer?

Arta

I thought it was liver failure...?

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Zakath

You heard wrong. It wasn't "exploded." It was...

[begin tinny monotone]Yassar's head a splode.[/end tinny monotone]
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

hismajesty

I hate the UN. They flew the UN flag half staff to honor Arafat, but didn't do it when Reagan died. The US founded the UN, and we fund most of it. They are ungrateful and they suck.