• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Gruesome Torturing

Started by hismajesty, November 06, 2004, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

hismajesty

Some horiffic torturing took place at Guantanamo Bay. How can that horrid man Bush allow this to happen?!

Among the abuse:
Quote*a female interrogator took off her uniform top to expose her T-shirt to a detainee, ran her fingers through his hair and climbed on his lap.

*an interrogator told military police to repeatedly bring a detainee from a standing to kneeling position, so much that his knees were bruised.

*a guard punched a prisoner with his fist after the prisoner assaulted another guard.

*a guard sprayed a detainee with a hose when the prisoner allegedly tried to throw water from his toilet at the guard.

*a female interrogator wiped dye from a red magic marker on a detainee's shirt, telling him it was blood, after he allegedly spat on her.

*a military policeman used pepper spray on a detainee allegedly preparing to throw unidentified liquid on an officer.

*a military policeman squirted a detainee with water.

*a camp barber who gave two detainees reverse mohawks to frustrate detainee efforts to wear their hair the same way to demonstrate unity.

quasi-modo

Notice that many of those were because the prisoner did something to the guards.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

MyndFyre

I particularly like the one about Mohawks.  That's awesome!

Hey -- would you cite the sources where you get this stuff?  That way we can all check it out, and it builds (or undermines) your credibility.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Arta

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 06, 2004, 11:48 AM
Notice that many of those were because the prisoner did something to the guards.

That's no excuse, unless the officer's actions were in self-defence or to protect others.

From the same article:

"We're confident that there's more information out there that hasn't been released," said Jameel Jaffer of the American Civil Liberties Union, which has obtained nearly 6,000 documents about procedures at U.S.-run prisons. He was in Guantanamo to observe pretrial hearings.

"The abuse allegations at Guantanamo are a matter of growing concern," Shaffer said. "He was constantly being told he would be sent to Egypt to be interrogated, where many of the detainees believed they would be killed. And he was forced to sit for hours in the freezing cold."

At least one military insider at Guantanamo has gone public with allegations of abuse — a military police officer who was injured after going undercover as a detainee.
"My face was down. And of course, they're pushing it down against the steel floor, you know, my right temple, pushing it down against the floor," Baker told CBS.
Baker said he tried to tell his attackers he was a soldier but they repeatedly slammed his head against the floor. Baker was airlifted to a naval hospital in Virginia where doctors said he suffered a brain injury. He has been plagued by seizures since, he said.

Isn't selective quoting fun? If you want to have a serious discussion, why not link to the article and state your case? This kind of thread is just asinine trolling.

hismajesty

QuoteHey -- would you cite the sources where you get this stuff?  That way we can all check it out, and it builds (or undermines) your credibility.

Click the link. :P

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 06, 2004, 01:10 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on November 06, 2004, 11:48 AM

That's no excuse, unless the officer's actions were in self-defence or to protect others.
Sure it is. This camp is supposed to be punishment. Its like letting a little kid get away with stealing or something. If the prisoners keep pulling shit you have to put them in line. What do the guards do in US prisons in these situations Arta?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Arta

Hitting children is not an acceptable way to discipline them. Assaulting prisoners is equally unacceptable.

Perhaps you should define "put them in line"?

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 07, 2004, 12:28 AM
Hitting children is not an acceptable way to discipline them. Assaulting prisoners is equally unacceptable.

Perhaps you should define "put them in line"?
So you are not going to spank your kids? Maybe I am just from the school of thought that when someone misbehaves they need to be punished. These are prisonsers. Arta, again I ask what happens in our present prisons? You act like these people are completely innocent. The people there are alquida and taliban operatives. When they try to throw an unidentified substance, which I am thinking is probably piss or something, at you, why are you going to do? Just say oh he has a lot of pent up anger this is a good release for him?

That prisoner was punched in the face because he assaulted a guard btw... I see nothing wrong with that.
WAR EAGLE!

muert0

The American prison system isn't anything to base a war prison camp on. They mix all people accused//convicted of crimes together. The guards turn thier backs to rape and murder and some rape inmates themselves.

Have the people at Guantanamo Bay recieved a fair trial or is it not required since they aren't citizens of the U.S.?
To lazy for slackware.

Arta

Violence only leads to more violence, and is generally the recourse of the ignorant.

There are other means of punishment - although I'm not sure 'punishment' is the best approach to dealing with criminals - and they should be made use of. It is totally unacceptable for a person in a position of power to be overtly violent to someone in their charge. Self-defence and the protection of others may obviously require a forceful response, but only as much force as is required to defuse a situation. There is no excuse for an officer punching a prisoner in retribution - that's assault, and is no different to an assault under any other circumstances.

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 07, 2004, 12:33 AM
So you are not going to spank your kids?

Absolutely not. If you do, you're looking at 3 months to 2 years prison time.

Maybe I am just from the school of thought that when someone misbehaves they need to be punished. These are prisonsers. Arta, again I ask what happens in our present prisons?
In our present prisons, prisoners are rarely abused physically. When it is discovered that prisoners are, investigations are made, and people are punished.

That prisoner was punched in the face because he assaulted a guard btw... I see nothing wrong with that.
The guard could be looking at a year in prison, if there isn't mitigating circumstances.

Hitmen

Quote from: muert0 on November 07, 2004, 01:02 AM
Have the people at Guantanamo Bay recieved a fair trial or is it not required since they aren't citizens of the U.S.?
Hey, the PATRIOT act passed, remember? Fuck due process, american citizen or not!

In the article it specifically states that he punched the prisoner in the face after he was subdued. Big difference.

hismajesty

There is nothing wrong with the patriot act, because of it the Brooklyn Bridge is still standing.

QuoteViolence only leads to more violence, and is generally the recourse of the ignorant.

I don't think these guys, who are already violent anti-american murders, are going to become more violent because a girl sat on their lap.

Hitmen

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 07, 2004, 09:34 AM
There is nothing wrong with the patriot act
So taking away people's due process rights is a good thing?

quasi-modo

Quote from: Hitmen on November 07, 2004, 12:13 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 07, 2004, 09:34 AM
There is nothing wrong with the patriot act
So taking away people's due process rights is a good thing?
The patriot act allows for tactics which we have used on organized crime for a long time. It worked.

Why not take away the freedom of one person to safe guard the lives (freedom to live) or a lot more freedom? If he is nto a terrorist I failt to see why he would have a problem. I just cannot grasp the logic of this forum.

Spanking children will not get you put in jail. Hitting children in the face with a closed fist might, but spanking a kid is not going to land you in jail.

Again I ask, what happens in us prisons now if someone throws a fist at a guard or throws something at a guard? Humm? Do the guards just politely ignore it? The torture mentioned above is definatly not torture.
WAR EAGLE!

|