• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Gruesome Torturing

Started by hismajesty, November 06, 2004, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on November 11, 2004, 11:40 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 11, 2004, 11:03 AM
The Security Council is much bigger, Adron. If all of the other countries in the UN vote yes for a resolution involving an armed conflict, and say for instance France votes no, then the resolution is still vetoed. The SC has much more power.

Misunderstanding :)

I know about vetos in the Security Council. What I meant was the big thing about the USA and the UN is whether you have support from all of the other countries in the UN or not. If the general assembly had supported an armed conflict, that would've been a different thing.

Think of the countries in the UN council. 32 countries supported military action. The majority of the countries that opposed action were those in bed with the Iraqi regieme.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on November 11, 2004, 12:10 PM
Think of the countries in the UN council. 32 countries supported military action. The majority of the countries that opposed action were those in bed with the Iraqi regieme.

And the countries supporting action were those in bed with the US regime? Countries are pulling out too:

The original group of 32 countries has now dwindled to 27 (Spain, Honduras, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic having withdrawn before the Philippines) and of those remaining, some are mere shadows of their previously meager selves. Singapore has drawn down its forces from 191 to 33, Norway has pulled 140 of its 155 combat engineers. Moldava's 42 troops have been drawn down to 12, and while Australia plans to reinforce its delegation to bring it to a total of 880, that's actually less than half the number originally committed for the invasion, and most of the Aussies aren't in Iraq at all, but offshore in sea and air support positions.

hismajesty

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on November 11, 2004, 01:09 PM
Quote from: Hazard on November 11, 2004, 12:10 PM

And the countries supporting action were those in bed with the US regime? Countries are pulling out too:

The original group of 32 countries has now dwindled to 27 (Spain, Honduras, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic having withdrawn before the Philippines) and of those remaining, some are mere shadows of their previously meager selves. Singapore has drawn down its forces from 191 to 33, Norway has pulled 140 of its 155 combat engineers. Moldava's 42 troops have been drawn down to 12, and while Australia plans to reinforce its delegation to bring it to a total of 880, that's actually less than half the number originally committed for the invasion, and most of the Aussies aren't in Iraq at all, but offshore in sea and air support positions.

Dwindled? 5 of 32? One of which was pulled when a new cowardice leader came to power and the other pulled because they turned tail and bent over when the terrorists threatened them.

Those "sea and air support positions" are absolutely critical to the war effort. The remaining 25 or so are lending crucial financial and political support to the leaders.

Look at the countries that objected: Russia, China, France, Germany, Syria. All countries that had weapons deals with the Iraqi regieme, all countries that were exploting the UN's oil-for-food program, and in Syria's case, a tyrannical regieme of their own.

Putin has since come out in our support recently.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 11, 2004, 12:37 AM
Quote from: quasi-modo on November 10, 2004, 10:49 PM
PS: If what you just said is true Arta it would totally destroy all of those arguments of your in the past that Islam is a religion of peace.

Huh?
I meant adron. Sometimes I get you two confused. Your names both start with a and you are both libs.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

And both foreign, and both in vL, and both have r in their name.

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 11, 2004, 03:49 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 11, 2004, 12:37 AM
Huh?
I meant adron. Sometimes I get you two confused. Your names both start with a and you are both libs.

Oh. Well, the religion itself isn't any more inherently evil or nonpeaceful than christianity. But then, christianity can be pretty much warlike. Especially when going on crusades against things, as has recently been suggested by prominent Americans.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on November 11, 2004, 01:58 PM
Dwindled? 5 of 32? One of which was pulled when a new cowardice leader came to power and the other pulled because they turned tail and bent over when the terrorists threatened them.

Those "sea and air support positions" are absolutely critical to the war effort. The remaining 25 or so are lending crucial financial and political support to the leaders.

One or two dropping would be nothing, but five of thirtytwo is not insignificant. Also, sometimes you have support from a particular leader you've managed to seduce (bribe?) and when that leader is overthrown by the will of the people, the people choose to pull support from your "evil actions".

Some support positions are very limited in number of people involved. I seriously doubt the US couldn't replace 30 foreign technicians with their own. If not, they should consider training some.

Quote from: Hazard on November 11, 2004, 01:58 PM
Look at the countries that objected: Russia, China, France, Germany, Syria. All countries that had weapons deals with the Iraqi regieme, all countries that were exploting the UN's oil-for-food program, and in Syria's case, a tyrannical regieme of their own.

Putin has since come out in our support recently.

Look at the countries that supported: Trying to curry favors with America...

Supporting you now has nothing to do with supporting starting a war. You can object to diving into the shit, yet help people climb out once they're in.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on November 12, 2004, 04:48 AM
Look at the countries that supported: Trying to curry favors with America...

Look at the countries that supported France/Germany/China: Trying to curry favor with the UN and Kofi...

|