• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Gruesome Torturing

Started by hismajesty, November 06, 2004, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hazard

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on November 10, 2004, 08:50 PM
This war is Islam vs. the Western world...its a continuation of the Crusades.

I think we have an issue with fundamentalist Muslims who think that all non-Muslims must die.

Christianity used to have the same issue; Christianity started the Crusades. The major difference here is that while Christianity went through a reformation, Islam didn't. They are still often brainwashed by the clergy and complete dedication to Allah.

I'm ready for my words to be twisted into turning me into a racist, because thats what left-wingers like to do.

The thing is, that anyone who hates Muslims in general is pretty ignorant. I personally loathe radical muslims who believe that violence is the way to get things done, and they should slaughter people who do not believe, word for word, what they believe and that killing innocent women in children is the way to affect change. I hate the radicals who distort what the Koran really says to fit their own sick agenda.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Banana fanna fo fanna

I didn't say I hate Muslims. I said I was ready for my words to be twisted into that though.

quasi-modo

I give up on this Adron. You will argue about anything. If I say the shy is blue you will debate how blue because a republican said it.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on November 10, 2004, 05:42 PM

You're saying that being christian doesn't hurt the muslims. Yet you say you're a real christian, not in name only. I take that to mean you believe in some sort of divine or supernatural things. If you accept that there is some truth to religion, maybe their religion says that if they allow the evil christians to live, it hurts them. That would then make it OK for them to hurt you to make you stop hurting them (being christian). Christians have been hurting witches to make them stop putting the evil eye on folks.
No I mean I actually go to church and practice christianity. More of this argueing about anything anyone says. A christian in name only claims to be christian but never reads the bible and never visits a church service and is effectively not a christian.

PS: If what you just said is true Arta it would totally destroy all of those arguments of your in the past that Islam is a religion of peace.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

I don't hate muslims, as the muslim religion is supposed to be very peaceful. But those radical muslims, who still think they're in a jihad, are the ones I don't like. I saw a picture once of a radical islamic guy holding a sign "Jihad isn't terror, jihad is life." or something to that extend. Sickos, but they think they're protecting their faith. *shrug*

Arta

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 10, 2004, 10:49 PM
PS: If what you just said is true Arta it would totally destroy all of those arguments of your in the past that Islam is a religion of peace.

Huh?

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 10, 2004, 10:47 PM
I give up on this Adron. You will argue about anything. If I say the shy is blue you will debate how blue because a republican said it.

The sky isn't really blue. It just looks that way because of the way light is absorbed. Look up at the moon at night and see, it's the same sky between you and the moon, and it should be very "white" (clear), unless it's cloudy...

Adron

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 10, 2004, 08:24 PM
Adron, that article also mentions Saddam offering funds to officials from the Russian Federation and China. So, that's three out of the five.

He's probably offered funds to Americans as well. No reason not to try to bribe them?

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on November 10, 2004, 10:49 PM
No I mean I actually go to church and practice christianity. More of this argueing about anything anyone says. A christian in name only claims to be christian but never reads the bible and never visits a church service and is effectively not a christian.

Yes yes, I wasn't trying to argue against you. I was just trying to point out that I was saying something I don't agree with myself, because I don't believe in gods and supernatural things. However, for those who do believe in a God, they might also believe all sorts of weird things, such as there being witches who are putting an evil eye on them, promoting inquisition, or that christian people by just existing would somehow hurt muslims. And if you have that belief, then to you, the christian people *are* hurting muslims. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean...

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on November 11, 2004, 06:32 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 10, 2004, 08:24 PM
Adron, that article also mentions Saddam offering funds to officials from the Russian Federation and China. So, that's three out of the five.

He's probably offered funds to Americans as well. No reason not to try to bribe them?

Adron, Saddam has never offered bribes using the oil for food program to the United States.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

hismajesty

Which is what I was talking about. Not only did Saddam use the oil-for-food program to bribe UN officials, he also used it to pocket an extremely large amount of money. His citizens hardly got anything.

Adron

It sounds strange that he would've never tried to buy off an American. He may not have tried the president, since he didn't have enough to offer, but...

Anyway, the security council is just one thing. The big thing is all the other countries in the UN.

hismajesty

The Security Council is much bigger, Adron. If all of the other countries in the UN vote yes for a resolution involving an armed conflict, and say for instance France votes no, then the resolution is still vetoed. The SC has much more power.

Arta

I rather agree -- I think no one should have veto, and the security council should be representative of all nations belonging to the UN,

Adron

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 11, 2004, 11:03 AM
The Security Council is much bigger, Adron. If all of the other countries in the UN vote yes for a resolution involving an armed conflict, and say for instance France votes no, then the resolution is still vetoed. The SC has much more power.

Misunderstanding :)

I know about vetos in the Security Council. What I meant was the big thing about the USA and the UN is whether you have support from all of the other countries in the UN or not. If the general assembly had supported an armed conflict, that would've been a different thing.

|