• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Kerry Concedes to Bush

Started by hismajesty, November 03, 2004, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kp

Quote from: Mephisto on November 03, 2004, 08:24 PMEuropean countries wanted Kerry didn't they?

I heard an interesting theory on this recently.  The gist is that the European leaders are secretly pleased Bush won, as now they can continue to refuse to send troops.  After endorsing Kerry like they did, they'd be harder pressed to deny him help than they would to deny Bush (and if they'd truly wanted to get involved, they'd do it no matter who was president here).  So, Bush's victory saves them from the political rock&hard place of sending troops (undesirable at home) vs. denying Kerry (whom they'd previously supported). :)

Quote from: Hazard on November 04, 2004, 02:59 PMDon't be so sure, the Democrats don't have a candidate.

Eh, they have four years.  Even if we assume half of it will be spent moaning about Bush, that still gives them two years to pull a campaign together. ;)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

hismajesty

QuoteEuropean countries wanted Kerry didn't they?

Maybe the citizens, but I doubt the leaders (except maybe France.) But we do know that Kim Jong Il wanted Kerry, if Communists for Kerry was a serious organization, he'd be the head of it. ;)

Falcon[anti-yL]

I'll bet all the terrorists wanted Kerry so they could "negotiate" and then blow us up again.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on November 04, 2004, 06:10 PM
I'll bet all the terrorists wanted Kerry so they could "negotiate" and then blow us up again.

Kerry: Mr. Il, sir, would you mind joining with me, President Chirac, and the prophet Bin-Laden?

Jong-Il: Are we meeting in Geneva again?  I really wanted to meet in Pyong-yang.

Kerry: Colonel al-Qadhafi wanted us to meet in Tripoli.

Jong-Il: Hrm.  Sure, that would be fine.

Kerry: Pick you up around seven?

Jong-Il: I'll be here!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mephisto

You'd expect them to have a candidate ready immediately after the election?  *shrug*  Besides that, at last minute they could always put Gore (like they originally wanted but Gore didn't because he thought it would look like a showdown rivalry match between Gore & Bush) who would probably be elected or run close.  :P

Hazard

Quote from: Mephisto on November 04, 2004, 07:46 PM
You'd expect them to have a candidate ready immediately after the election?  *shrug*  Besides that, at last minute they could always put Gore (like they originally wanted but Gore didn't because he thought it would look like a showdown rivalry match between Gore & Bush) who would probably be elected or run close.  :P

No matter what you may think, Gore would not have won the election.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Adron

Quote from: Kp on November 04, 2004, 03:24 PM
Quote from: Mephisto on November 03, 2004, 08:24 PMEuropean countries wanted Kerry didn't they?

I heard an interesting theory on this recently.  The gist is that the European leaders are secretly pleased Bush won, as now they can continue to refuse to send troops.  After endorsing Kerry like they did, they'd be harder pressed to deny him help than they would to deny Bush

This is probably partly true. Maybe not secretly pleased, but I'm sure it's a relief to some people that USA still leads the evil axis. Much easier to focus your people that way.

Mephisto

Quote from: Hazard on November 04, 2004, 09:21 PM
Quote from: Mephisto on November 04, 2004, 07:46 PM

No matter what you may think, Gore would not have won the election.

And you say this why?

Mephisto

hismajesty

According to my AP Government class last year, the sterotypical democrat is: uneducated, poor, female, and a minority.

Hazard

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 06, 2004, 11:02 AM
According to my AP Government class last year, the sterotypical democrat is: uneducated, poor, female, and a minority.

Eh... that could be considered true. The demographics Democrats tend to win are those without or only with a high school diploma/GED, women, lower class, and african-american.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Hazard on November 09, 2004, 05:33 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 06, 2004, 11:02 AM

Eh... that could be considered true. The demographics Democrats tend to win are those without or only with a high school diploma/GED, women, lower class, and african-american.
Though they also control the extremely educated minority: Those with PHDs and other forms of extra schooling. One theory suggests this is because they have been in the liberal college setting for a bit too long.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

Another simple way to describe it is to ask yourself what is included in this "highly educated" minority. Does this include lawyers, because there is your explaination. More often than not you will notice medical doctors tend to vote Republican because of the Republicans battling malpractice bullshit and Democrats and lawyers, well, they're a pretty slimy group. Also you might ask if these "doctors" are professors or teacher in the school system, because that would also add to the explaination.

quasi-modo

College professors would definatly be in this. They will drag it to the left. Lawyers will drag it to the left. But how long have doctors gone right? They are now because of the bush reforms, but I thought they were historically lefties.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

|