• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Kerry Concedes to Bush

Started by hismajesty, November 03, 2004, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

Four more years for President George W. Bush.

Good work all of you who got out and participated in grassroots efforts for our President!

Mephisto

Too bad Ohio went republican over democratic.  Otherwise it would've been President John Kerry.  Even worse, now there's a bigger republican advantage in congress, and the new supreme court judges will be appointed by George Bush.  I have to wonder though, did the Civil Rights document have any effect on whether our president was republican or democratic?  Anyways, congratulations to George Bush; I hope we have a democratic president next term though...

quasi-modo

Bush said he is not going to have a litmus test for his judges... I believe him.

Kerry was very considerate to the american people for doing what he did. Instead of being like gore and challenging everything under the sun and keeping america in limbo as to who their next leader is, Kerry gave up on it. Kerry did not have much of a chance, so why drag it out and annoy the people and make us look bad to the world? Thank you for being a decent guy mr. Kerry. You win a few respect points from me.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Falcon[anti-yL]

I had just finished taking a quiz in 3rd period when it poped up on CNN.

quasi-modo

Someone shouted it in lunch after getting a phone call and we were all like... "FOR REAL!!?", then we checked the news on my friend's cell phone va the 8th wonder of the world... mobile internet.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

I talked my mom into letting me stay home since I was physically exhausted from non-stop campaigning, working the polls, and then going to a GOP Victory Party that lasted kinda late so I heard about it right when they got off the phone.

QuoteEven worse, now there's a bigger republican advantage in congress, and the new supreme court judges will be appointed by George Bush.

Typically, if a judge is in an opposing party of the president they'll not retire until one of their guys are elected. That can only last for so long though, and America is moving in a more conservative direction.

Hazard

Its a wonderful day to be an American, and an even better day to be a Republican. All I can say is congratulations to the President and all who have given their time and energy on this great election. This is hands down one of the greatest Republican victories in history, and its just four more years.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

hismajesty

To quote Senator Nick Rerras from last night: "It's a great night to be a Republican."

And now, today, it's a great day to be one. I don't think there's anything the liberals here or anywhere can say to dampen our spirits, we've all worked hard to put our man back in office. Be it making phone calls, spreading the word, putting in countless hours of going door to door handing out stuff (and in turn lots of sore feat. :P), or just going out to vote. Everybody helped make a difference, and now the Democrats don't know what to do. They are outnumbered in every which way now, and are beginning to realize Americans don't want their liberal agenda. This is a great victory for us and I'm definately excited over it as I can imagine most of the country is.

quasi-modo

I see nothing right now that the democrats can complaign about either, unlike last election where Bush did not win the popular vote.
WAR EAGLE!

hismajesty

And it's not like it was by a few thousand votes that he won it,  he won it by a lot. All they can do now is whine and be angry, but they've not no ground to say Bush "stole" the election like they did in 2000.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Yea he won both the popular vote and electorial vote.

Vicious

Banana fanna fo fanna

Arta

I will say, tentatively, that it does look like Bush won fair & square.. so congratulations to you guys. Nonetheless, I'm somehwat disappointed :P

I will (once again) draw comfort from the fact that I don't live in the US :)

Mephisto

European countries wanted Kerry didn't they?

Also, I disagree that America doesn't want the liberal agenda.  It was 51% to 48%.  Pretty close.  I'm sure there'll be a democrat in office next term.  :)