• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

If Bush Lied...

Started by hismajesty, November 01, 2004, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on November 02, 2004, 08:14 PM
Quote from: Adron on November 02, 2004, 09:47 AM
Would the world be a better place without Bush? Certainly. Would it be right to assassinate him? Doubtful.

It doesn't matter if the world is better...only if America is better. That _is_ the point of the _American president_, after all.

It does, actually, for the decision on whether to send a _Swedish_ assassin to take out Bush... (following the spirit of hunting down Iraqi leaders for the good of the world)

hismajesty

Updated with a longer time to read the quotes, music, and a larger filesize. :)

Edit: Now with a preloader.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Adron on November 03, 2004, 04:57 AM
Would the world be a better place without Bush? Certainly. Would it be right to assassinate him? Doubtful.

It doesn't matter if the world is better...only if America is better. That _is_ the point of the _American president_, after all.

It does, actually, for the decision on whether to send a _Swedish_ assassin to take out Bush... (following the spirit of hunting down Iraqi leaders for the good of the world)

I'm merely saying that the duty of the President of the United States is to the United States.

quasi-modo

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 03, 2004, 06:17 PM
Updated with a longer time to read the quotes, music, and a larger filesize. :)

Edit: Now with a preloader.
GOOD STUFF!
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Trance

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on November 03, 2004, 06:58 PM

I'm merely saying that the duty of the President of the United States is to the United States.

No, not at all... infact that's just silly.. because for the US to function, it needs the world.. we are not an independant nation, our econemy relies on others to function.

quasi-modo

But without others we would be forced to and would be self sufficient.

The president should not worry about what the price of tea is in china. The market can handle all of the by its self. The last thing the president needs to be doing is pushing price ceilings and price floors and higher or new taxes through the legislature. We need to just get rid of government interfearence and let the market do its thing.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Adron

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on November 03, 2004, 06:58 PM

That's true, but in doing his duty he has to consider what is best. He has to be able to realize that some things that seem good to the United States will actually come out bad for the United States. If he doesn't, he may end up with jets flewn into buildings, American property blown up, or American people killed.

Compare it to business: Getting a good reputation is important. You may be able to score some quick cash by tricking your business partners. But then in a not too distant future, noone will be doing business with you. Or if you've gone too far in Russia, you'll feel the blast of that car bomb from the guy you pushed too far.