Started by iago, October 17, 2004, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will or would you vote for?

Bush
Kerry
Nobody, or third party

Adron

Quote from: Hitmen on October 19, 2004, 10:12 PM
This election is kind of like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Haha, best point in a long time :P

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 20, 2004, 05:59 PM
Quote from: Hitmen on October 19, 2004, 10:12 PM
This election is kind of like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Haha, best point in a long time :P

Although horribly unoriginal.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Banana fanna fo fanna

I think the reason this forum is biased is a lot of people are not Americans. Thus, they either a) don't like us because we didn't bend over for Europe or b) don't feel a threat of terrorism.

muert0

Besides thw WTC name one act of terrorism that America's people have felt the act of terrorism from in America.
To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Quote from: muert0 on October 21, 2004, 02:39 PM
Besides thw WTC name one act of terrorism that America's people have felt the act of terrorism from in America.

None, because Bush is president and we've had no more terrorist attacks.

iago

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on October 20, 2004, 07:08 PM
I think the reason this forum is biased is a lot of people are not Americans. Thus, they either a) don't like us because we didn't bend over for Europe or b) don't feel a threat of terrorism.

People tend not to like America because they're arrogant and they don't listen to anybody else.  The word "bully" is frequently used where I live.

But both Bush and Kerry are American, so I don't really see what that has to do.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

muert0

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 21, 2004, 03:50 PM

If that were the reason the destruction of the WTC wouldn't have happened and name one before Bush was president that involved an Araibic terrorist group.
To lazy for slackware.

CrAz3D

ChannelOne Vote showed that about 55% of the 1.4 million students that voted, chose Bush while only 40% chose Kerry.  Turns out that 5% of the people chose a third party.  Where the other 5% are I don't know

muert0:
The World Trade Centers were bombed in 1993.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 21, 2004, 04:23 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 21, 2004, 03:50 PM

If that were the reason the destruction of the WTC wouldn't have happened and name one before Bush was president that involved an Araibic terrorist group.

You should read the book "Intelligence Failure." It points out that Clinton overlooked much intelligence pointing to al Qaeda and terrorist groups that they were plotting said attacks. Its not about Bush, its about the nation in general.

Hazard

Quote from: iago on October 21, 2004, 04:13 PM

People tend not to like America because they're arrogant and they don't listen to anybody else.  The word "bully" is frequently used where I live.

But both Bush and Kerry are American, so I don't really see what that has to do.

I'll suffer those retarded remarks only because it doesn't change anything. Canadians and Arabs can think whatever they want about Americans, it doesn't change the fact that this country is the most powerful in the world and we will continue to better the lives of all of those who want freedom in the world.

"Bully" is simply a term often given to he who is not the underdog in world politics. Compared to anyone we are a bully. Our military is stronger than the next 13 largest nations combined.

iago

Quote from: Hazard on October 21, 2004, 07:11 PM

I'll suffer those retarded remarks only because it doesn't change anything. Canadians and Arabs can think whatever they want about Americans, it doesn't change the fact that this country is the most powerful in the world and we will continue to better the lives of all of those who want freedom in the world.

"Bully" is simply a term often given to he who is not the underdog in world politics. Compared to anyone we are a bully. Our military is stronger than the next 13 largest nations combined.

It's not just Canadians and Arabs.  As far as I know, everybody besides Americans themselves think that.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Tuberload

Yes every Arab, Canadian, etc that thinks like you. Just like the Americans who do not like America for the same reasons. Do not make it out to be more than it is, there is plenty of people who like America. They just do the smart thing and migrate here so they can get away from you. :P
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Hazard

Quote from: iago on October 21, 2004, 07:40 PM

It's not just Canadians and Arabs.  As far as I know, everybody besides Americans themselves think that.

I know plenty of people of foreign decent who don't think that and have told me its not the popular sentiment.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Hazard on October 21, 2004, 08:11 PM
I know plenty of people of foreign decent who don't think that and have told me its not the popular sentiment.

Plenty of people of foreign decent...who are American!  How about someone not an American?

Arta

This total arrogance seems to be uniquely American and is entirely irritating - what makes you think that the world shares the American definition of 'better'?  What makes you think that the world shares the American definition of 'freedom'?

What qualifies America to make these judgements?

Many Americans seem to  go around in their everyday affairs thinking not only that they're the best, but that everyone wants to be like them and everyone wishes they lived in America... it's no small wonder that a significant population of the world is very anti-American.

I hate to burst your bubble, but...

- America is not the best country in the world
- America doesn't have the best culture in the world
- America doesn't know everything
- America isn't qualified to police the world
- The entire world isn't jealous of Americans
- Military strength does not embue you with an innate right to do anything whatsoever

... and furthermore, no country in the world meets these criteria, nor will any country ever meet them.

|