• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

liberal = hypocrite?

Started by Arta, October 14, 2004, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

This is something that you do not just sit around and wait to become a problem. Why would you let the terrorists become more organized?

This was not in the news for very long, but in iraq insurgets were found with shells filled with sarin gas. From what the articles I read said they did not know what they had. But the fact remains that they had it and if they used it correctly could have really screwed up some convoys. There is crap floating around out there and if it gets into the wrong hands we are in some deep crap. Why wait for the stuff to end up in the hands of someone who can use it? If you have waited that long then you probably do not have the time to stop it.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

muert0

Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 07:04 PM
Quote from: Adron on October 18, 2004, 06:02 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 05:24 PM
Take a grease fire for example. You're in a situation where the signs are imminent, and you know there is a definite probability of a fire. You're saying that we should wait for the fire to go ahead and start, then put it out, rather than defuse the situation before it exists. Great idea.

I'm saying if there's an immediate threat, it better be dealt with. As there was no immediate threat, .....

Terrorism is not an immediate threat? We should only act if they are in progress of another attack?
THe way terrorism works you can't really plan for it. They are usually attacks plannned at a small level. And people who do stuff like that usually keep to themselves so it would be hard to have insiders in groups like that so how do you prepare for surprise attacks? just go into any country that has a problem with us and kill everyone....
To lazy for slackware.

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 18, 2004, 10:30 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 07:04 PM
Quote from: Adron on October 18, 2004, 06:02 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 05:24 PM
Take a grease fire for example. You're in a situation where the signs are imminent, and you know there is a definite probability of a fire. You're saying that we should wait for the fire to go ahead and start, then put it out, rather than defuse the situation before it exists. Great idea.

I'm saying if there's an immediate threat, it better be dealt with. As there was no immediate threat, .....

Terrorism is not an immediate threat? We should only act if they are in progress of another attack?
THe way terrorism works you can't really plan for it. They are usually attacks plannned at a small level. And people who do stuff like that usually keep to themselves so it would be hard to have insiders in groups like that so how do you prepare for surprise attacks? just go into any country that has a problem with us and kill everyone....

You sure as shit can plan for terrorism. You can have every countermeasure possible in place and ready to go, which is much like the USA has done. You can go across the oceans and take the fight to them before they bring it to us, which is the best  place for it.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

muert0

Bullshit that's just what Bush is feeding you. You bring the fight to them and kill them and their sons will be here in a couple of years with 10* the hate his father had for us. And you cannot plan for terrorism unless you post a man at every corner of the united states. It's an absurd thought.
That's why Bush can't and won't get bin laden... the poeple hated sadam because he was a tyrant . People like bin laden because he is working to get revenge on people who keep killing their families.
To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

He is also the reason why we are over there. I am sure people are pissed at al sauder who is 'fighting for the people' becuase he is the reason we keep rapeing falluja and surrounding it and forcing people out, ect. We would be (and did) do that same kind of crap with osama when we had a good idea of where his butt was.

Yes you can take the fight to them. When you dismantle every training camp, the terrorists setup, when you bust into safe houses with machine guns blazing it kind of puts a damper on their plans. It hurts their ability to organize something. They do not have the same ability to get stuff off the gound. If we were not there at all right now they would be training armies of people right now.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 19, 2004, 09:24 AM
Bullshit that's just what Bush is feeding you. You bring the fight to them and kill them and their sons will be here in a couple of years with 10* the hate his father had for us. And you cannot plan for terrorism unless you post a man at every corner of the united states. It's an absurd thought.
That's why Bush can't and won't get bin laden... the poeple hated sadam because he was a tyrant . People like bin laden because he is working to get revenge on people who keep killing their families.

Well actually mert0, thats what the Democrats and liberals are feeding you. I'd rather fight this war over there than over here, and thats just the way it is.

You sure can. You can educate the public. You can make plans for the neccessary evacuations that might become neccessary. You can train our air power and other countermeasures to fight back.

Bush can and will get bin Laden, if he is not already dead. We won't give up until we find him. People hated Saddam because he was a tyrranical dictator. People hate bin Laden because he is a cowardice terrorist. He has no purpose but hatred and jealousy based on his insane interpretation of his holy text.

You seem Anti-War. What you're really for is "Sparing Foreign Enemies."

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 19, 2004, 06:35 PM
Well actually mert0, thats what the Democrats and liberals are feeding you. I'd rather fight this war over there than over here, and thats just the way it is.

I think the point there was that it's not a war you can win by killing. The more people you kill, the more lust for revenge you awaken. And as was pointed out earlier, that makes it justice to kill Americans, especially by flying jumbojets into their towers.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on October 19, 2004, 06:41 PM

I think the point there was that it's not a war you can win by killing. The more people you kill, the more lust for revenge you awaken. And as was pointed out earlier, that makes it justice to kill Americans, especially by flying jumbojets into their towers.

But not doing naything does not not get rid of the hatered for us either. They hate our way of life. So sitting on our asses does not solve the problem. Atleast by going to war we keep the fighting over there and cramp their ability to hit us with something. If we introduce democracy over there it will get rid of the environment that breeds hatred for us.
WAR EAGLE!

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 19, 2004, 06:41 PM

Whats the solution? That we hold hands and sing songs with these animals? No. You find them, you kill them, and you kill their followers. Its the only way to make it work in the real world.

Our war and their "war" is not the same, so don't try to make it so. We specifically target their militants, leaders, and terrorists. They target innocent civillians and non-combatants, including women and children.

muert0

That's fucking ignorant. That's the same reason they are killing Americans.
You need to pull your head out of your ass. I don't watch the news so no it's not shit they are feeding me. I work with arabs everyday. They tell me what is going on over there and i believe them more than the news or any crap a politician is feeding you.
To lazy for slackware.

Stealth

What are our other options? A twofold approach is necessary, and seems to be what we're doing:

1. Kill terrorists, and disrupt their activities.
2. Educate the people of the Middle East with a more neutral perspective, many of whom receive muslim fundamentalist teachings as part of their normal schooling.

What is IGNORANT is to stand by and do nothing while thousands of Americans, Spaniards, and countless other nationalities perish to terrorist attacks.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 19, 2004, 10:07 PM
That's fucking ignorant. That's the same reason they are killing Americans.
You need to pull your head out of your ass. I don't watch the news so no it's not shit they are feeding me. I work with arabs everyday. They tell me what is going on over there and i believe them more than the news or any crap a politician is feeding you.

Look at the numbers coming out of Iraq. You will notice that a very slim number of civillians are being harmed at all, and it is in no way blatant. All of their attacks are blatant. If you'll notice, their terrorist attacks now adays aren't even against American and allied troops, they are against their own people. I know plenty of Arabs as well, and many of them are all go no quit for this war. They understand the atrocities going on by some of their fellow Arabs in the middle east. You say you work with Arabs every day. Do they live over in Iraq and Afghanistan? Do they spend their lives in fear of the terrorist regiemes that run their countries? I doubt it. They are just Arabs siding with Arabs for the sake of it. Let me tell you something, what do those Arabs say about the terrorist attacks on other Arabs? And how about the terrorist attacks of the Arab nations against Israel?

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 19, 2004, 09:02 PM
Whats the solution? That we hold hands and sing songs with these animals? No. You find them, you kill them, and you kill their followers. Its the only way to make it work in the real world.

You kill or imprison the terrorists, and hold hangs and sing songs with their children. The children are the key to the future - you really have to treat them right and give them a good opinion of you.

Quote from: Hazard on October 19, 2004, 09:02 PM
Our war and their "war" is not the same, so don't try to make it so. We specifically target their militants, leaders, and terrorists. They target innocent civillians and non-combatants, including women and children.

Yes, but you hit some civilians as well, and that awakens more hatred...

Hazard

But Adron what you say makes no sense. Your entire theory is that we must only take out those who are directly responsible and only when they are already guilty of harming us. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

We kill 99.9% enemy combatants and .05% women and children.
They kill 100% innocent civillians.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 20, 2004, 03:44 PM
But Adron what you say makes no sense. Your entire theory is that we must only take out those who are directly responsible and only when they are already guilty of harming us. Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you read my last post, how could you miss the emphasis I placed on making a good impression on their children? Holding hands and singing songs is can "win this war".

Quote from: Hazard on October 20, 2004, 03:44 PM
We kill 99.9% enemy combatants and .05% women and children.
They kill 100% innocent civillians.

I doubt that. They probably kill 75% innocent civilians and 25% defense contractors, people involved in military, infrastructure, economy, government, and other important strategical targets. Considering their tech level, it seems like a reasonable accuracy.

|